Question

we have had a model # 758.154080 humidifer for about 5 years and until the last 6 months, had been working fine. At that point, in spite of new filters we barely see any water usage from the filled tanks and no moisture being delivered. What could possibly go wrong with such a simple system? The fan works, the filter draws moisture as it should. I would rather not buy a new humidifier at this time so I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Answers

3 answers

1. Aljean, If this unit has been moved lately to a different location and now it is on carpet the humidifier may be leaning forward too much. Check to make sure the bottle docking pins in the base for the bottle are in place. If they are in the correct position I would suggest putting lift cups under the front feet to make the unit lean back just slightly to see if that will solve your problem. The humidifier should have come with two caster pads for the front casters to sit in. I hope this will help you.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

It's sitting on the same table as before....I don't know if the filter design has changed over the past year but something is strange....

2. Hi aljean!

Thank you for joining the MySears Community and reaching out to us in helping with this issue.

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Experts who will try to help in any way that they can by providing some troubleshooting options for you.

Please know that once a response post, I will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!