Question

We have the Electric Range #790.92882302.It has always worked great but all of a sudden the oven is not heating up (Bake or Broil) and the Self-Clean dose not work. All of the stove-top burnes are working well…Why is this happening?

Answers

2 answers

1. Thank you for your question. If the surface elements work okay then the voltage is likely okay. If both the bake and broil element do not work then I suspect the electronic oven control is the problem. I would not expect both the bake and broil element to go bad at the same time. If the temperatur sensor went bad then I would expect you to see a F3 error code which you do not mention. Checking the resistance of the temperature sensor would be a good idea if a meter is available. I would suggest a technician check this problem and confirm the electronic control is the problem. Thank you for using mySearscommunity

2. Welcome, frankbellamy! Thanks for posting your question today and including the model number, as well! I am going to pass this along to the Appliance Experts who can help troubleshoot this range issue for you.

An Expert will respond shortly. Once he does, I will be sure to let you know via email.

Thanks!