Question

We will never buy from Sears again. The few dollars you save is not worth the lack of customer service you get. We purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator in 2009. We loved it until it broke down and we lost hundreds of dollars in food. The repair guy came and ordered new condenser. The earliest appointment they had for me was today 09/24/2013 (3.5 weeks later) even though the parts have been here for 3 weeks. We had no choice but to wait, so today the day finally comes and the service man informs me that it may or may not be the right part then leaves. I call the 800# to get more answers and the man says he’ll send out another tech within the hour. 2 hours later, no tech, no call from SEARS. I call the 800# and Mike (C.S) says there is nobody coming, that my next appointment is in October (in a “no big deal” tone) We have 3 small kids. We have been without a fridge for almost a month and now they tell us it may be a few more weeks until they figure out the problem. Really??? Unacceptable SEARS, I will never recommend you again and will discourage any friends and family from having to deal with this kind of nightmare.

Answers

5 answers

1. Okay so now another part came and the earliest appointment is Oct 10.... Sure! 2 more weeks without a refrigerator! Way to go SEARS

If that's not enraging enough, I get an email basically stating that although SEARS doesn't foresee any of the merchandise failing so soon after purchase, I basically am screwed because I did not purchase their extra protection. Are you kidding me???? I will NEVER buy from you again. Furthermore I will go on YELP, Facebook and tell everyone I possibly can that you are CROOKS and you sell DEFECTIVE merchandise!!

1. In response to AbelinaZO

Thanks for the update, AbelinaZO! I will send your comments along to your case manager. Look to hear from someone later today to follow up.

Thanks!

2. In response to AbelinaZO

AbelinaZO,

We thank you for taking the time to let us know about this situation regarding your refrigerator. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued members are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would like to take the opportunity to have one of our personal case manager’s assist you with this matter. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (AbelinaZO), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,

Dianne D.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

2. AbelinaZO,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sear Cares team. Thank you for bringing this concern regarding your refrigerator repair to our attention. We certainly don't want you to be without a working refrigerator and we apologize it's taken longer than expected to fix. We'd like the opportunity to speak with you so we can ensure your repair is completed to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact # and screen name (AbelinaZO) to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi there, AbelinaZO! Thank you so much for posting on the MySears Community today. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having getting your refrigerator repaired. I can understand how frustrated you must be to not have a working fridge for such a long time. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team-they will do what they can to get this resolved for you.

A team member will post a reply soon. As soon as they do, I will send you an email letting you know so you can be in touch quickly.

Thanks!