Question

What a joke..I reported a problem with a smell coming from my dryer and did online chat with Sears repair. They talked me into purchasing a service contract. The repair comes out to my house and tells me there is nothing he can do for it and he can not fix it. I called sears to ask if I would be getting the 500 voucher and was told no because the dryer is still functional. The dryer was functional before they came out. I can not believe that Sears will not reimburse me the 200.00 service contract or stand by there 500 replacement fee. Seems like it would be a no brainier instead of losing a 10 plus year customer.

Answers

4 answers

1. What kind of smell is coming from your dryer? Does is smell like burning rubber? That would usually be a problem with the belt slipping, and it will eventually fail. Is it an electrical odor? That could be a wire overheating, or the motor itself going bad.

Is it a burning smell? That could be a lint buildup near the heating element, that could actually cause a fire. Does it smell like rotting or burning meat? A rodent could have gotten into the drier from outside via the vent, and have died (electrocuted)

Did the technician disassemble the dryer and inspect it, or did they just turn it on, say that it was working and not try to find the problem.

A bad odor from a dryer is not normal. Something is wrong and the problem needs to be found and corrected. Sears (A&E) will do as little as they can get away with, and many of the service technicians are trying to do as little as possible

1. In response to BigMike4511

I thought the same thing about the belt which is finally why I went ahead with the warranty. I really didn't think they would come out and tell me the dryer had picked up the smell from my floors being done. That is why I was so upset because they were here literally two minutes before they told me nothing could be done. I felt like I had just thrown my money out the door. Nor were they going to give me the 500 replacement cost. They told me the smell would eventually hopefully fade away and to spray febreeze in my dryer.

2. Hello, icedollnat

Please accept our apologies for the troubles you are having with your dryer.My name is Mina and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. We can understand the importance to have a working dryer in your home.We can see from your post how upset you are with the service contract expectations. We would like to offer our assistance with your repair concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (icedollnat), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact your directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss this matter.

Thank you,

Mina H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

3. Welcome, Icedollnat! Thanks for posting your thoughts on the MySears Community today. I am sorry things did not go well with your dryer repair. I am going to send your complaint along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to discuss this with you further and do what they can to assist.

A team member will reach out in just a bit. Once they respond, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread so you can view it.

Thank you!

See More