Question

What good is a 9 year warranty on an electric water heater if it’s not honored when it leaks after 3 years?

Story too long. Needless to say Sears namebrand is mud at our house. New water heater is coming from HOME DEPOT. Reliable, customer service helpful.

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

What part of your old heater was leaking?

An exterior valve?

A pipe going into or out of the heater?

Was there applicable service and installation charges associated with a replacement water heater?

1. Margaret112,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your water heater. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with your warranty. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (margaret112), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Margaret112,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your water heater. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with your warranty. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. We have forward you information over to our Case Management team for contact. If you have any questions or concerns, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (margaret112), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi there, margaret112! Thanks for sharing your thoughts today. I am sorry things didn't work out with your water heater warranty as it should have. I would love to get you in touch with a senior customer service team member from SearsCares. This case manager will do what they can to address your concerns quickly.

Check back here for a reply. Someone will reach out shortly to assist!

Thanks!

See More