Question

What Happen to The Sears I Used to Know

I purchased an ARIO TV at Sears, (Glens Falls New York) I used it only a few times when the picture went blank. I called the store where I purchased it and was told that after 30 days it was not covered. I was told to contact the manufacturer which did. When I called the manufacturer I got a recording that said they no longer answered the customer service phone and that I should instead send an E-mail. I sent an email but received no response. I then called Sears back and was re-directed to the national service center where I spoke with Abby, I was hung up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor. I called back and spoke to Tray, he was very professional but was unable to help. He put me through to another representative (Abby again) she was unable to help, and after I asking several times to be escalated to a supervisor she finally put me through. The supervisor, Katrina, was of no help. She told me to call the manufacturer (she gave me the same number that I had tried) I explained that the number did not work. She did not listen, and again told me to call that number. That was the only thing that I could do. I asked to be escalated, she said she had no supervisors. I questioned that, she repeated she had no supervisors. I then asked if she could at least give me the direct line to the Sears store where I purchased the TV. She gave me the number to a entirely different store in a different place. I explained this to Katrina, she said that that was the only service center they had in the data base. I questioned that and she again said that was the only one. I asked her to Google the Sears Store in Glens Falls NY and see if they had a service center. She said she did not have access to the internet or Google. After we went back in forth for a while she said she would Google it, (remember 5 minutes ago she said she did not have access to Google) and she returned with a phone number for the store in Glens Falls, NY which was a direct line (not the same number I got from Google). So far I have been told if I pay $40 they send it to the manufacturer for repair. No guarantees.

Sears sold me the Ario TV, Sears does not sell that brand of TV any more, the manufacturer does not answer it phone, and there is nothing anyone can do???? What happened to the Sears I used to know???? This TV is less than a year old, I never installed it or used it until last month. Sears has always stood behind anything they sold. What happened. I would get better service at Wal-Mart!!!

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

Did you purchase a Protection Agreement for the TV?

Do you have a back-up TV for this holiday's day long Yule Log presentation?

If not, you can always have a little Yule Log presentation of your own.

Maybe not lasting the WHOLE day though.

Good luck with the Television repair.

Hopefully, it is something "small" and not a whole BOARD's worth of replacement.

1. Jkbranch,

We are sorry to learn your television is in need of repair and for any unpleasantness you encountered while trying to get assistance. We certainly understand your concern with getting your television repaired and back in working order. We would like to look into this with you and find a pleasing resolution for you.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your television was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Jkbranch) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Have you tried taking it to your nearest Sears repair facility or drop-off point to have it repaired? If it's a repair covered under the manufacturer's warranty, there will not be any charges to you. The $40 diagnostic only applies if it's outside of the manufacturer's warranty (either due to time or nature of the issue).

3. Hi jkbranch! I am sorry you are having so much trouble getting your TV repaired. Please check back on this thread soon for a reply from the SearsCares team. They will do what they can to help. Thanks!