Question

What happened to Sears customer service?

Up until this past experience, I was 30 year customer of Sears – not anymore. I placed a telephone order for 2 water heaters to replace 2 older units in my home. The ordering process was smooth and the following day I was contacted by the installing plumber for the install. I scheduled the install for the next day and took the day off from work. The next day, the plumber (Pete) showed up and noticed I had 2 water heaters installed in tandem and asked why I was only replacing one. I told him there should have been 2 and that’s where the trouble starts. We both agreed that it made no sense for 2 independent installs so he said he would handle it with Sears and come back the next day with the other heater. Apparently, the sales person at Sears for some inexplicable reason decided to split the order. He gave 1 heater to plumber 1 and the other to plumber 2. Plumber #2 never contacted me so he must have realized there was a mistake.

Pete (plumber 1) let me know the following day that he was not making any progress with Sears so he suggested that I call to follow up. I made the call, explained the situation and Sears apologized and connected to me to their “Expedite” department to get it rectified. The expediter assured me they would straighten it out and that I should expect a call from the installer by day’s end. Of course no call, so I called Sears again the next day. After going through the whole story, again I got the apologies and was assured that THIS time the problem is really fixed. The next day, it was the same story – long explanation and assurance problem as resolved. On day #4 of phone calls, I cancelled the order. Now let’s see how long it takes them to credit my card – I have zero confidence that it will go smoothly.

Answers

2 answers

1. jxryan,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. Thank you for bringing this water heater installation concern to our attention. We certainly don't want to cause you or any of our customers frustration as obviously this situation would be upsetting to anyone. We'd like to offer our assistance in making sure your water heaters are installed quickly and to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jxryan) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi jxryan! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear about his disappointing experience you had with your water heater installation. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team for you. They will be able to follow up on your refund, and do what they can to rectify what happened with your original order.

A team member will respond right here in a bit. Once they do, I will contact you via email so you can directly connect with the team.

Thanks!