Question

What has happened to one of the greatest and most trusted of American Companies?

My family always called Sears because of their good name. Unfortunately Sears has sold out their good name and now lends it out to many unscrupulous people that take people for a ride using the Sears name. My Sears Elite Dishwasher, just over a year old, caused a flood in my kitchen. I called Sears appliance repair and right off the bat felt uneasy as to how I was questioned and treated over the phone, like was going to skip out of town with my payment for services that hadn’t yet even happened. The repairman could not get there for 6 days, but I waited patiently, because it was “Sears”. They narrowed my appointment down between 1-5 that I had to be home. I left work early to be there for my appointment. The repairman did not show up until 800pm. All that was wrong with my dishwasher was that it had wiggled out of the clamp attached to the water line. A problem he says occurs all the time with Sears washers. It was a 10 minute fix. He charged us more than double the amount we were quoted.$ Almost $160.00, but of course he said he was giving us a “break”. Then he had to take my credit card to his Van, and this is when I saw it had another company name on the side. THEN he prefilled out a satisfaction questionnaire and had us sign it. I will never again call Sears for my home repair services, or purchase Sears appliances again for that matter. I feel sad, as Sears was my first credit card I ever got when I turned 18. I’m now 62, and I have lost all trust I have ever had with Sears.

Answers

4 answers

1. Hi PLBR,

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and are truly sorry for what you have been experiencing with your repair.

To help you further on this issue I am putting you in contact with our Sears Cares team. They will be able to help in assisting by providing you with a dedicate case manager who will work with you until resolved.

Please know that I will be reaching out via email once our team responds directing you back for contact.

Your concerns are very important to us, and we thank you for sharing your feedback with us on this matter.

2. Plus to add to what I wrote above....I have an automatic faucet that comes on through touch that was working great. The repairman knocked it and disrupted it's set up and it can no longer be used in this intended special way and must be manually turned on and off with the handle. I am really upset about how Sears has treated us.

And my old outdated address of Goldsboro, NC is showing up under my PLBR. It should be Vero Beach, FL where my most recent order came, and this mentioned repairman visited.

1. In response to PLBR

Just notice that the "Sears" repairman also removed our cabinet floorboard and did not reinstall it. I appreciate any help you can give me to fix all of these issues.

2. In response to PLBR

PLBR,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your recent dishwasher repair. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our sincere apology for the poor customer service that you received by both the agent on the phone as well as by our technician and for the issues you are now having with the faucet and cabinet floorboard. Please be assured that we take your concerns very seriously and it is very important to us to see that each of our customers receives the same excellent customer service, regardless of how you are interacting with Sears – over the phone, on line or in person. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail. After getting some more information about the repair, this case manager would then be best able to determine the course of action to resolve all of your concerns, and also restore your faith in Sears. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (PLBR), and phone number used to schedule the service to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you

Jack C.
      MySears Community Moderator

See More