Question

What is the appliance replacement policy under master protection?

I have had Master Protection for longer than I can remember. Even ‘upgraded’ it a few years ago by adding things to it up to a certain number. After reading some horror stories about replacing appliances ONLY after 4 or more repair visits I am disturbed. I had a very pricey stove replaced years ago under my master protection. The part needed was no longer made so they gave me a comparable replacement and I was very happy but now I have concerns about the future and the changes that may have been made to the replacement policy. Yes I could read the upteenmillion words in the agreement but thought I would ask here first. I am not in the habit of upgrading or replacing anything in my house unless it fails to work. One reason I have kept the master protection is that some of my appliances are really getting old like my beloved Kenmore washer/dryer and I had peace of mind that they would be replaced if and when they failed to operate and parts could not be found. Now it seems that I have to have 4 or more repairs before replacement will be done? My appliances are all very reliable and most have never required a repair. If a 20 year old dryer fails and has never been serviced and the part is no longer made am I correct that it will NOT be replaced because it never needed repair before it went belly up? I will cancel my master protection in a heartbeat and kick my self down the road if I have been so naive after all these years.

Thanks
Terri

Answers

1 answer

1. It sounds like a conflation of two separate conditions for replacement. One says that if an appliance has four functional failures in a year that require a part to be replaced, the appliance may be replaced entirely. The other says that if an appliance is not able to be repaired because there is no information for repairing it or parts are no longer available, the appliance may be replaced entirely. They're both correct, and they're both part of the protection agreement you've had for as long as you've had it. So, no, your hypothetical situation is not an accurate understanding of the policy. Make sure to take advantage of your annual preventive maintenance check-ups! :)