Answers

41 answers

1. Hello,

At the very outset, let me tell you that I have been a very loyal customer to sears, purchasing all my appliances and electronics there. Also have recommended and converted all my extended family to become loyal sears customers.

But regretfully the last purchase had made me rethink all this. Thanksgiving 2012 I had decided on replacing all my kitchen appliances. (refreigerator, gas range and dish washer). that is where my tale of woe starts.

As for me and I think for all other customers out there SEARS is one big appliance company. When things are fine, the name of the company and how they stand behind their sale and customer really does not matter. it matters when some thing goes wrong and we reach back to the seller for help in fixing this.

This is where my problem started. when I was trying to use sears installation services, they did not have a package price for installing the 3 appliances and wanted me to pay 175.00 for each of them, as if they are individual installations. I tried talking to them that it is at one address and at one time, so the technician only has to make one visit and install all 3. but they did not budge and insisted on charging me $525.00!!!!!!!!

so decided to go with an outside services company which gave a package of 175 for the first appliance and 50 for each additional which totaled upto 275.00. so I went with them. I had the appliances delivered from sears and when they were being installed the technician found that the dishwasher was leaking. this was the same day the appliances were delivered. I called sears right away and they gave me a date 2 weeks later for them to come and take a look.

so for two weeks in the winter, dec 2012 -- I had to go without a dishwasher for a defective appliance delivered by sears. the service center people did not care as they are not getting paid for this call.

The technician who stopped by said there were some parts missing on the dishwasher. I DID NOT EXPECT THIS FROM SEARS. and to contact the store for a replacement. I go to the store and all the store manager kept telling me was that I have to disconnect the dishwasher and keep it ready for them to take it and leave the new one. no apologies or regret for sending broken stuff and the inconvenience caused. maeanwhile to install the replacement they wanted me to pay another 175.00. this was ridiculous as I am incurring a second charge for a defective appliance delivered which is not my fault at all.

I called sears service center many time to have the installation fee waived, but they kept insisting that they did not do the installation and so they need to be paid to come over.one of them even told me to talk to the store manager and he might have some budget left over, from which he can give me a credit.

the bottomline is the store and the service center were acting like 2 different companies and worried about their profit margins and not the customer experience.

for me and all the customers out there sears in one company and we don't care if it is the store budget or service center budget.

I had ended up paying 175.00 twice for the installation of the dish washer, which was delivered broken, for which no one wants to take the responsibility.

it has been a year but I still want to bring it to your attention, how things are so disconnected and the customer suffers. and in the meantime of all this I had to go for more than a month without a dish washer in the middle of dec 2012 - jan 2013. if you look up my account in the system, you would find the number of calls I had made and the number of people I had talked to, to waive the second installation fee.

hopefully I will have a better resolution now for all the trouble I have gone through.

1. In response to badexperience2012

Hello badexperience2012,

We thank you for posting about this situation with your dishwasher. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to look into this issue further. Please send the
      Following information – contact #, screen name (badexperience2012), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      Dianne D.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. In response to badexperience2012

I had emailed all this on the same day. but have not ehard from anyone after this.

3. In response to badexperience2012

Hi badexperience2012,

Thanks for the response concerning your contact information. After further research we have not found your contact information according to our records. We apologize for the confusion. So that we may provide you proper assistance please send the previously requested contact information to the email address provided. A dedicated case manager will contact you directly.

Thank you,

Brian R.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

2. I've been trying to get the same information after they charged me for a dresser order that they cancelled, and it's been 3 weeks and there has been no refund, and no answers after repeated calls to find out when I would receive my money back. Would be nice if they warned you that items you purchase online were being drop-shipped, and at least stand behind it when they take money for something that they cancel.

3. Good luck with that! I'm very unhappy with sears. I sent a email on Friday about my washer and I'm still wating on a response. I purchased a washer in Jan 2011 and because of s improper install my house was flooded. Sears did settle with my insurance company and zip tied the machine. Now the same washer not even three years old has to be replaced. I know people that have had washer for over ten years and mine is not even three years old. SEARS IS PRETTY MUCH SAYING ITS NOTHING THEY CAN...OR WILL DO. Also, the last person I spoke to in customer service was very rude to me..Elizabeth. .Id # 7732. Also, she said a supervisor was not available because it was too early and I could call back later. Really! Most companies would have a supervisor contact the customer but guess Sears does business diffrent.

I am curious to know if anyone had sucess with the Searscares team or found a email address for the Ceo? I am very disspointed with Sears and would not recommend them to anyone at this point.

1. In response to imafairperson

Hi imafairperson! Thanks so much for posting on the site. I am sorry the effort for a resolution is not meeting your expectations. I will pass this along to the team who will be in touch shortly.

Thanks!

2. In response to imafairperson

Hello, Imafairperson,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for reaching out to us regarding your washer. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (imafairperson), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

4. I bought a Sears Kenmore Elite side by side refrigerator for my 88 year old uncle on May 10, 2013, as I was furnishing his condo for him here in Venice, FL. It was brand new, with all the protective film and packing tape still on it, but I bought it from a third party appliance dealer, not from Sears. The manufacturing date on the serial number label was November, 2012. The third party dealer warranted it for three months after the date of purchase, and during those months, the compressor failed twice and was replaced, along with a computer panel. When the third party warranty expired, I took out an extended service agreement with Sears in mid-summer. 

My uncle spent the summer in Massachusetts, and while he was gone I checked on his apartment several times, the last time in mid October, and all was just fine. Some time between mid-October and when he came back in November 10, the refrigerator failed and all the contents turned into maggot-infested sludge and the fridge was full of flies.

I called Sears to order service through the extended warranty. It took a week to get an appointment, November 17. I explained that the compressor had already failed twice. I was told I'd have to clean the bugs out of the fridge before the tech could see it.  I removed all the contents, shelves, everything I could, and cleaned it thoroughly, however there were maggot larvae and flies in the interior (inside the fan area, inner walls, icemaker, etc.) where I could not reach. The tech said it was another bad compressor and ordered the part, saying he'd put it on emergency order. He also expressed concern about the flies being inside the workings of the fridge, and noted it on the order.

When one week went by without the part arriving, I called Sears and found the part was on backorder. No one called or wrote to let me know. No one could tell me when the part was due. I explained that the refrigerator was in the home of an elderly man who was severely underweight and who needed to have a refrigerator. I also explained about the flies and maggots inside the inaccessible parts of the fridge, which kept multiplying in the interim, and expressed concern that this was now a biohazard, that this was the third time the compressor had failed, and that this was a lemon and needed replacing. After speaking with several different people, on November 18 I was told that the refrigerator in fact would be replaced, and that it would take 48 hours to get a new one out to the apartment.

After 48 hours, I heard nothing so I called to find out the status, and was told that the replacement was "withdrawn." Again, I got no notice whatsoever that this decision was made. Sears refused to replace the refrigerator, saying that the lemon law only qualified if I'd bought it from Sears and had Sears service it each time. When I tried to escalate the issue to management, I was sent to several different departments because nobody could figure out if it was a warranty issue or an extended service agreement issue. They based my one year maufacturer’s warranty date on the build date inside the refrigerator (November 2012) and not my purchase date (May 2012) and so because I called with the problem on November 10, they said the one year warranty had expired. And one person told me that Kenmore did not equal Sears, that I'd have to call Kenmore if I wanted to discuss a replacement. They gave me a phone number to call Kenmore, when I called it, the number turned out to be the Sears Service number. 

After spending hours and hours on the phone and speaking with many different people at all management levels and expressing frustration about the open-ended backordered part, I finally reached someone at Sears who did two things: He authorized that I could either rent a refrigerator at Sears' expense while the backorder was going on, or that I could purchase a small fridge and keep it, value up to $160, that I should just keep the receipt for reimbursement. He also told me that if the part did not come in by the 9th of December that Sears would replace the Kenmore Elite refrigerator. So I purchased a small fridge at Lowe's, and, while it's not adequate for the long term, my uncle and I felt that this would be OK since the part was due by the 9th at the latest. They also directed me to a department to reimburse him for the lost food in the fridge, which was handled and the check sent. It’s the only thing that went right.

So, the backordered part arrives on the 7th of Dec. and the soonest service appointment is the 16th. In the meantime, I have to call Servpro to come out and again clean the next generation of bugs out of the refrigerator on Dec. 13th, at my cost of $75. The Sears tech arrives on the 16th to install the compressor and discovers that the tech who came out in November misdiagnosed the problem, and apparently the condenser was also bad. He also noted that the icemaker was still full of inaccessible dead maggots and needed replacing. He said he'd put these parts on emergency order and would be back on the 20th to install.

Today, the 20th of December, I call Sears for an update because I'd heard nothing. I spoke to a man named Edwin. First, he asked me if I knew what part had been ordered. I told him what the tech had told me, but why would a customer be expected to know this? After being put on hold, I was told that the part was "on research." I asked what "on research" meant, and was put on hold again. When he came back on line, it turns out that  the tech had ordered the wrong part number on the 16th and someone was supposed to be "researching" the right part. Why did this take five days? And I asked him if I hadn't called him today, whether anyone would have bothered to get back to me on the status of the part, or if it would have been ordered at all? He put me on hold again and then said the part would be put on emergency order. I reminded him that Sears had told me that if the parts weren't here by the 9th, that the whole refrigerator would be replaced. I asked if this still wasn't the case, since the first tech had misdiagnosed and had not ordered the parts. He said no. Since I now realized that I'd have to log everything in detail, I asked for his full name, and he said he could not give me his last name. 

I asked to speak to a manager about the replacement and was directed to a woman named Portia, and then another manager named Lee, who told me they would not replace the refrigerator. I explained about the person who told me that the refrigerator would be replaced if the parts weren't there by the 9th, and she said there was "no record" of that in the file (!) I could not believe what I was hearing. I then asked how I need to file to be reimbursed for the small Lowe's fridge, and was told that I had to have bought the small fridge at Sears or K-Mart to get reimbursed. This was the first I'd heard that. When I explained that I hadn’t been told that by the person who gave me the authorization and that I had bought it at Lowe's, they told me too bad, I'd have to return the refrigerator myself to Lowe's, that they have a 30 day return policy. I asked them why this was my problem or Lowe’s problem, and explained that if they'd told me I had to buy it at Sears (there is no KMart near here), I would have, and they just told me too bad, I would not be getting reimbursed.

As it stands now, the parts are due here on Dec. 23rd, the service appointment is scheduled for the 26th. I asked for a confirmation on this and was told it could only be mailed or faxed, so I asked for a mail confirmation. I have absolutely no confidence that any of this will take place.

So now I have a maggot-infested lemon of a refrigerator that Sears is refusing to replace, and that *might* get fixed. I am stuck with an expense of $160 for a mini-fridge, or I can try to return it to Lowe's, carting it from the second story apartment in my vehicle and having to sheepishly explain to Lowe's that it is coming back because Sears screwed up. My frail 88 year old uncle now has been without his refrigerator for six weeks.

I have spent at least 25 hours of my time on this issue since November 10. I have spoken to literally dozens of different people at Sears about this issue and have been given the runaround, I've been promised a replacement and then was told that it was withdrawn. I was promised a deadline that they have now denied. I have followed their instructions to the letter (including buying the mini fridge) only to be told there was "nothing they could do." In the meantime, an 88 year old man who is severely underweight and has a hard time eating enough to begin with is still without a refrigerator/freezer that is big enough to sustain him, and has to face the uncertainty of whether this thing can be fixed and if it's biologically safe. 

This is by far the worst customer service experience of my life.

1. In response to DeadFridgeBlues

Hi DeadFridgeBlues!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your feedback with us on this issue.

Your concerns are very important to us and I have escalated them to our Sears Cares team to see if they can assist you further on this issue. Once our team responds I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back to your post for contact.

Thank you!

2. In response to DeadFridgeBlues

DeadFridgeBlues,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with having your refrigerator serviced. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We definitely understand your frustrations with not having a functioning refrigerator in todays home. We would be more than happy to assist you and address any concerns that you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (DeadFridgeBlues), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.

5. My Sears nightmare began on Monday morning. Sadly, Sunday night, our water heater sprung a leak. That night, for hours, I researched which new one to get and where to buy it from. In the end I was impressed with what Sears seemed to promise. I in fact was willing to pay more for the product based on the service I expected, and especially the fact that if I ordered it before noon, they could be out that day to restore hot water to my family. Monday morning at about 8:45AM CST I spoke with a very friendly representative and paid for the unit. She let me know that within three hours someone would contact me to set up an installation time for that afternoon. I took the day off from work to get this done. Four hours later after no follow up call from Sears, I called them back. I was told that the "installation was not picked up by a contractor yet." The nice woman on the phone apologized, and said she would put in an escalation and someone would call me back within an hour to schedule it. TWO more hours later, no one had called, so I had to call back again. This time, I got the exact same response, with the exact same phone script about how Sears appreciates my business, and they value my time and patience. This time after hearing about the first two broken promises, my support person seemed to take ownership of the problem. She apologized, and said she would personally call local contractors to arrange for a time to install the unit, and call me back shortly. TWO MORE HOURS later, I still did not get a call back, so I had to call back yet again, go through the same disingenuous phone scripts. This call lasted more than an hour, I was transferred three additional times totaling nine people this day alone. By this time I was going out of my mind and just needed someone to be on my side and do what they said they were going to do, and get my family back up and running. I finally landed at "installation solutions" and spoke with Jenny. By now I have ben trying to get this installed for almost twelve hours. She listened intently, and took control over the situation. She said she set up installation for me the next day with "All star plumbing", via phone, and even sent the owner of the company an email letting him know this was a time critical event. The promise was a phone call first thing in the morning and installation that day. She also was my advocate based on the circumstances, to get the installation fee refunded. She said that I would hear back in 24-48 hours from some other team about that. So the next day rolls around (I took another day off to get this done). I heard from no one, not the contractor, not Sears. In the afternoon, I called again. Had to retell my entire story struggling to be calm. They said it would be "escalated". At about 5PM I received a voicemail from some where house person saying the they got the order, and a contractor. He then went on to say he hoped I could hang in there another day because it would be installed the following day at the earliest. The NEXT DAY I called the AGAIN to the "installation solutions" department. I was lucky enough to find out that Jenny the person I spoke with Monday night was working. I thought that was great as I wouldn't have to tell my whole story again. The person I spoke with, also named Jenny. Said she understood my sense of urgency, and would have her call back soon. After TWO HOURS I went back to the drawing board and called back AGAIN. I retold my whole story again. The person apologized and said that she had a contractor on the line that I could call right back to get scheduled today (wednesday: day three of no hot water for my family). Also that I could call back to talk about the previously discussed appeasement. I immediately call "Kathy" at the given number, and as instructed due to them being busy, left a voicemail. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK. So after three days of no hot water, two days I had to take off work, ELEVEN different people I had to talk with, three hours on the phone. I seem to be no closer to getting my new water heater. I have to say that this has been the most nightmarish shopping experience I have ever had, at a critical moment of need for my family. I regret with all my heart the decision I made to go through Sears; I had so many choices.

1. In response to mauisrs

Hi mauisrs!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the scheduling for installation of your water heater. I am so sorry to hear that you have been given conflicting information and having to go through so many people. Your concerns are very important to us and we would like to help you further on this issue.

Our Sears Cares team will be reaching out to help on this issue. Once they receive your contact information you will be provided a dedicate case manager whom will be working with you personally in getting this issue resolved for you.

Once one of our team member responds, we will be reaching out via email providing a link back to your original thread for contact.

Again, we appreciate you reaching out!

Thank you!

2. In response to mauisrs

Thank you for being willing to fix this. When might I expect someone to contact me? How will you get my contact information?

3. In response to mauisrs

Mauisrs,
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with waiting to have your water heater installed. We would like the opportunity to have a case manager contact you and address your installation concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (mauisrs), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

4. In response to mauisrs

Hi mauisrs! Just contact the team using the email Liz provided below. They will be in touch once you make initial contact.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

5. In response to mauisrs

Greetings. Here is an update:
      Tonight, five days after it was promised, and countless additional phone calls later, I have an installed water heater. The installation person Josh from "Plumbing 'Experts'" (LOL) called me an hour before the arranged window time stating he was at my house. He told me his next job was in Madison and if I couldn't be there he would leave. So now I am leaving work (after taking TWO FULL DAYS OF PRIOR to wait for the promised installation) to meet him. He found a couple things that needed to be upgraded for code purposes and said it would be $200 additional dollars. Fine, That couldn't be helped. My wife arrived home at 2 so I left to go back to work. An hour later she called me to say after they left she went downstairs to have a look. What she found was a flooded basement. What the plumber never bothered to tell her was when they pulled it out, it cracked and they dragged it across the finished hallway to a drain in the bathroom as it was pouring out its contents. So, we were left with a flooded basement. They didn't even bother to mention what happened. I called "Installation Management" to let them know and a few hours later Josh the plumber who did the work called back. He said he "forgot to mention" the flooded basement and that he was sorry. Are you kidding me? This was the most perfectly awful end to a perfectly awful experience. I am in complete disbelief about the first part of the nightmare taking five days and something like 25 phone calls, but then to have it end this way is incomprehensible. At this point, I simply don't have any fight left in me. I now expect the full purchase price and installation fee be refunded. Period. If this does not happen, I will continue on and on and on until I can finally get someone who understand how unbelievably disruptive and stressful this has been to my family. I have lost more than two days of work, had to wait five days without hot water when the promise was same day, and then finally having to fight for an installation that left my basement flooded. I am at a complete loss.

6. In response to mauisrs

Mauisrs,

We are very sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding your water heater installation. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

7. In response to mauisrs

Greetings,
      My "case manager" Tina did not follow up with me this morning as she promised me on Friday. Don't you think this is all just a bit ridiculous?

8. In response to mauisrs

Mauisrs,
      We thank you for informing us about the delayed follow up from your case manager. We will forward your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

6. I’d like to begin my message with I bought a treadmill at Sears and the customer service person was fantastic. Unfortunately, the delivery afterwards is not so much. It all started past Saturday 7:00am, I received an automatic message saying that my delivery is not happening as the treadmill was not in stock in any warehouse. I immediately called the phone number provided to reschedule the appointment. The delivery person was unable to help me (even though she did offer a $100 gift certificate) so she transferred me to her manager, who tried his best to help. For my inconvenience, and since the treadmill was not in stock, he replaced / upgraded my treadmill to a more expensive model and rescheduled the delivery for this coming Saturday. However, because of the price difference between my original treadmill and the new one, he had to reduce the gift certificate from $100 to only $50. I was fine with that since he was able to upgrade my treadmill.
    I later receive the $50 gift card during that weekend, everything was fine, until Monday morning, someone from the delivery department called and was trying to set up my delivery for the old treadmill, so I questioned him and let him know that I thought everything was taken care of during the past Saturday. He said the system was not updated yet and that I will have to wait for 24-48 hours from the original phone call for the system to be updated. It was well over 48 hours, and he said sometimes there’s a delay since it was the holiday season, and he guaranteed me that someone will be contacting me within an hour.
    12 hours later, I contacted delivery again and let them know that no one called me, and they want me to wait till the morning.
    Morning comes, I called delivery, and this time, they said they do not handle situations like this, and that I NEED to talk to the exchange department. I called exchange and they said I need to call the store because store needs to approve it. I contacted the store manager and he said I need to talk to delivery, even after I informed him that I spoke with delivery department already he still insist that I need to speak with delivery. By then, I gave delivery another try and guess what? They want me to call the exchange department again. The exchange department this time said they cant help me because this is not an equal dollar exchange and that I MUST contact the store. By now, I’m starting to see a pattern so I contacted customer service, who seems like she was really making some headway, until she put me on hold and someone else picked up the phone greeting me with “delivery”. I attempted customer service again and this time, the customer service lady said she cannot help me because the actual treadmill is not in my possession yet. Excuse me? I still paid and I’m still a customer, if customer service cannot help me, I don’t know who can.
    I’m also am very frustrated with the entire process, so I would very much like you to let me know who can be held responsible and put on some big boys pants to solve my problem. All I wanted, is a confirmation of the CORRECT treadmill (the upgraded one, not the old one). Along with some compensations for my time wasted on calling phone calls and finding someone who can help me.

Thanks!

1. In response to Vmak

Hi Vmak,

We appreciate you taking time to bring your treadmill delivery and member services experience to our attention; from your detailed post we can certainly see how this turned out to be a discouraging and confusion interaction. We know how having a new item delivered to your home is an exciting time; it appears the delivery and member services aspects have caused you some disappointment. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to you and offer our assistance. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (Vmak), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. A dedicated case manager will contact you directly for assistance and provide feedback to the appropriate management team. Again, thank you for posting; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

7. Dear Mr. Lampert -

If I were able to e-mail you directly, I would share the following feedback.

You certainly have many issues to deal with so I apologize in advance for contacting you directly but I need your help. I will be brief.

We have a Kenmore refrigerator with a broken ice maker. It was repaired approximately one year ago. We need to get it fixed again and got an estimate last week. The printout that we got from the repair technician was effectively unreadable. We need a fully readable copy to send to American Express who is going to cover the repairs. We have made 4 phone calls to try to get the copy with no success.

On the most recent call to customer service we were told that we need another estimator to come to our house which means that we will need to pay another $75 (and make sure that someone is home).

Again, I apologize for burdening you with this issue. However as an executive I am sure that you would want to know how your customers are treated. We cannot even receive a simple estimate.

1. In response to gr393

Hi there, gr393! Welcome to MySears! This is a great place to share your thoughts and let us know if you need help with any issue you are having. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team who can help get you a copy of that receipt.

A team member will respond right here in a bit. Once a reply is posted, I will be sure to let you know via email so you can send along any information requested ASAP.

Thanks!

2. In response to gr393

Dear Gr393,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry to learn that your ice maker has failed again, and apologize that the estimate provided to you last week is unreadable. We can certainly understand why getting a new copy is so important, and we’d like to see how we can help get this information to you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Gr393), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
      Brian S.

8. I placed an order for a child's carseat on 9/14/13 after being told it was in stock in the warehouse and would take a few days to ship to my local Sears store. Two weeks later when I called for an update told it would be around 10/16/13. On 10/16/13 I called and after 1 1/2 hrs. (being disconnected 3X etc.) I was told by a "manager" that it had shipped and should be in the store later that day (10/16/13). When I called the store later they haven't seen the order. Today, 10/17/13 after my writing a complaint to shc@customerservice.sears.com I got an e-mail back from Sears "Jenna" saying the item will be in store November 20, 2013 - so now it takes over 2 months to ship an item from your warehouse to a Sears store in Florida. Right now I'm on the phone with Sidney in the Phillippines (? she won't disclose where their call center is located for security purposes - not even the country!) whose English I can barely understand and who tells me just to wait for an e-mail update. This is the worst, worst customer service ever. Who would wait over 2 months for a child's car seat that is in stock in the warehouse to be shipped. The child will outgrow the carseat by the time this arrives.

1. In response to dinaples

Hi there, dinaples! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your experience today. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time getting your car seat. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to follow up with you on your order.

A team member is going to respond right here in a bit. Once they do, I will send you an email notifying you of the reply.

Thanks!

2. In response to dinaples

Dear Dinaples,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry for any trouble you have encountered with your online car seat order, and apologize for the delay in having the matter corrected. We would love the opportunity to look into this matter futher, and assist in finding a satisfactory resolution for you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Dinaples), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
      Brian S.

9. I dont believe there is any way to contact the ceo and if there was you would probably still get the run around. We have been fighting about six months now to get our riding mower fixed. The one and only tech that was sent out called my husband a liar and said there was nothing he could do. We have been laughed at, hung up on, and they keep calling and cancelling the new service date. So since we cant get any help this way we feel the only thing we have left to do is contact bbb. If that doesnt work a lawyer is next. We are tired of this and should not be the ones jumping through hoops when we have a warranty and even purchased an extra year warranty. What a joke. We will never again do a major purchase from sears again.

1. In response to missyc1980

Hi missyc1980!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

We would like to help you further by having our Sears Cares team assist you. They will do what they can in making this right for you. Six months is an awful long time to be dealing with this issue and I completely understand your frustration level.

If you can please check back periodically one of our team members will be responding requesting a little bit more information from you. Once they receive the information, a dedicated case manager will be helping to resolve this issue for you.

Again, we thank you for sharing this issue with us and giving us a chance to help in making it right.

Thank you!

2. In response to missyc1980

I will give you all the information you want or need. I can tell you this much. We have talked with everyone from appointments, customer care, and even talked with the complaints department at corporate. Still nothing is resolved. We are tired of this and dont want to jump through anymore hoops.

3. In response to missyc1980

Dear missyc1980, my name is Dianne and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At Sears we pride ourselves on making sure our valued members are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. This is not the type of service that our members deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We understand your frustration in this situation with your riding mower and would be more than happy to speak to you further on what has transpired and offer our assistance to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (missyc1980) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      Dianne D.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

10. I would like to know the address of the CEO too. His name is Louis J. D'Ambrosio .

1. In response to marty527

Marty527, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your experience and help any way we can to address any concerns you may have. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (marty527), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. In response to marty527

I would like the email address of the CEO as well... I bought one of your refrigirators as of Oct of 2012... since buying it I had nothing but trouble... it is a side by side fridge and has an ice maker and water dispenser... It is less than 2 years old and all I had is trouble with the thing... the water dispenser is useless.. it cannot dispense cold water... you have to dispense a full .5 liter cup and then throw it away and then the cold water will flow... today I had water damage to my floors because it is leaking and they tell me that the condenser tray is cracked... also my water filter freezes!!!! And it is WAY louder than my 1998 whirlpool fridge that is still working great... Your customer support says out of warranty hard luck... I just paid 370 dollars for repairs to be done this coming Friday to your service department.... I am still at risk of the water damage till then... also, your company is in fake advertising... I guess I need a filter for 50 dollars every six months!!! I cannot bypass it just like all other fridges allow you too... the lac of cold water... the buckling doors... I am just worried that this is the worst lemon I have ever bought.... your company will not replace for another model... the standard answer is you should have known that you neede filter (even though most fridges have by passes) and that this is the way the fridge is and that it does not dispense cold water on your first cup (hey someone told me it should be in the manual on page XX why not read the manual when buying huh??) and the buckling doors I was told is normal on fridges... they came tried to adjust but still not perfect... everything was complained about during warranty. I now know that I will never use my sears card... if I used my Visa I would have had free warranty and they would have taken care of this... your company has no idea about customer satisfaction and retention... I will never buy from Sears again and I will make sure that the minute any of my friends or family thinks of purchasing from you I will highly advise them against it. I will point them to Costco... which values its customers and addresses their issues... you sold me a lemon, refused to replace it in warranty, keep sucking me dry on filters for a function that does not work out of the box due to a DESIGN FLAW that is inherent in the product. I would love to talk to your CEO and see how he would react if this is the treatment that he received... I would like to see how he would react when he buys a car and after 1.5 years he is asked to pay approximately40% of the car cost in repairs and the basic functionality like the AC for example does not work except after 30 minutes of driving... then he is told this is a feature of the car and you have to live with it... lets see how he would feel... I plan to write this up at the BBB and on multiple boards... but I thought I would try to bring this to the attention of management first to see if they actually care... lets see what response I get!

3. In response to marty527

CaliOC,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post, it's understandable why you would be posting your concerns here on our page. Having a refrigerator that causes you grief is something we do not want you or any of our customers to experience. We'd like to speak with you and ensure this problem is resolved as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (CaliOC) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we've caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.

11. Hi raygramkow!

Thank you posting your question in the MySears Community!

We would love to try and help you today. If you would be willing to share with us we can make sure you are directed to one of our SearsCares team members. They will be able to do what they can to assist you further as well as provide you with the additional information you are needing.

Thank you and we look forward to helping you further!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I have been reading the comments online, and let me tell you, i am frustrated at the customer service, as I notice ALOT of others are, too.

Back on December 2, 2013, I had a WONDERFUL sears technician come to my house and order a glass top for my stove. He said it would be shipped UPS and he would be back on the 16th to install it. The part never came. Barry did. I called the warranty department of Sears on 12/16. They couldn't even find me in the system. I was transferred to another department, who did find me.
      Barry returned on the 16th as promised, but I did not have the part. He rescheduled. I called UPS today again, 12/19, who told me they had a label created, and as soon as they recieved the part, it would be shipped. I called Sears back again, today 12/19. They told me they had no other information to give me except the shipping number label was created, that it should not have taken this long, and they would send a message to parts, who would call me within 24 hours.
      No call.
      I called UPS. Still no part. I called Sears back. I asked for the parts department. Amanda told me unless I wanted to order a new part, they could not help me. They transferred me to parts customer care. I got disconnected. I called back. Got a hold of Daquen who told me the part was on backorder, but that he could not see anymore information, and he would transfer me to someone who could, and could also tell me and approximate date the part would be in. I got connected to a woman who told me "it looks like the part was delivered Dec. 9."
      Really? I said. I do not have the part. She said she would send a message to parts and they would call me within 24 hours. I said i've already done that, I don't want to be transferred again, parts can't tell me anything, and they never called me back the first time. I JUST WANT MY PART. She again said she sent a message to parts. I said i did that. I never recieved a call back. She said parts would get back to me in 24 hours. I asked to speak to a supervisor, since all she could say was she would send a message to parts. I have now been on hold for the supervisor for 45 minutes. Still music instead of a supervisor.
      I have been transferred, given the wrong information, not called back, etc. I am frustrated, my technician is scheduled to come back on Monday, and I WANT MY PART. I will come pick it up if I have to. If someone doesn't respond within a reasonable amount of time, I will look up emails of executives and get the problem solved immediately.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I hung up and called Maria at an 847 number who apologized and looked into the matter. On hold again. She came back and said she had a repair specialist on the line and she was told that the part was ordered and cancelled on December 9, and also that the same part was emergency ordered, but on backorder. I asked why the part was cancelled. She said she didn't ask that question to the repair specialist, who was on the line, but had now hung up. She said she couldn't see anymore information than that. I said, this is ridiculous, why cant ONE company have a system where ALL of the CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES from all departments, keep track of the progress of what is going on?! She is now trying to contact another repair specialist. Why was the part cancelled? And why wasn't the same part reshipped? Did it go to someone else? Why is the same part that was shipped and cancelled now on backorder? And how is it if the part really was shipped that UPS never had it?
      Spoke to Julie in the repair department today, Dec 20th. She told me the first part was ordered on Dec 2nd. It was returned on Dec 9th. The second part was ordered on Dec 19th. It is on backorder. Why, Julie, was the first part returned?? Who returned it and why? She doesn’t know. She will put me on hold (again) and check. She also told me that the second part is in process, but that she does not have a tracking number for it.
      The first part they ordered was never shipped. (But yet seconds ago they told me it was shipped, and then cancelled.) The second was ordered on Dec 19th. Where is the first part they ordered? Where did it go? Julie does not know. It could be 6,5, or 3 days before the backordered part is shipped Julie says. I asked, if it is not here in a week, will I have to go through this again? She says probably, yes.
      Really??
      I did get a part number. Hopefully my part will be here in a week.

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there, Angryatsears79! Thanks for posting today. I have sent your concerns about your part on to SearsCares. A team member will reach out here in a bit looking to help. Once they respond, I'll let you know via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Angryatsears79,
      We apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced with delay of the part for you range repair. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a dedicated case manager contact you to discuss this situation and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range service is listed (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Angryatsears79) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      David W.