Question

What is your policy in regards to warranty issues that existed prior the warranty expiration that were never properly resolved?

My central air conditioner has been leaking refrigerant since I purchased it, and instead of repairing the leak the techs just kept replacing the refrigerant. Now, I still have a leaky system that I have been repaying to refill each year, and the leak has caused my compressor to fail twice in 6 years. According to the tech the leak is too small to find, and Sears says I’m no longer covered by my warranty. The problem existed when I was covered, and since it was not fixed I think I should still be covered.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear kookycole;
    We sincerely apologize for the ongoing issues with your central air conditioner. We do value your feedback and would like an opportunity to discuss your concerns with one of our dedicated case managers in our executive office. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (kookycole) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you,

Christine R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi kookycole!

I am sorry to hear that this has been going on for 6 years as well as causing other issues.

To help you further I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares Team. They will be able to help you further in answering your questions in regards to the warranty issues as well as coverage.

Please check back periodically for they will be requesting additional information from you so that they can help you further in getting this issue resolved.

Thank you!