Question

What kind of material are your pots and pans?

We are looking into getting a new set of pots and pans to replace our 20 year old set. What kind do you have? We have an anodized aluminum set, that we really like, but I have heard a lot about stainless steel being pretty sturdy and holding temperature well, too.

What kind do you have? Do you like your set?

Answers

4 answers

1. I've just switched to Straub cast iron as a healthier alternative to the non-stick coating types. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better they cook food and how amazing everything tastes. And I'm pretty sure they will last forever!

2. We've got a tri-ply set of Cuisinart. Stainless steel inside and out, aluminum sandwiched between all the way around. They're great.

1. In response to BlueCrewGuyInMA

We are actually looking at a Cuisinart set, BlueCrew! I will have to check to see if it has the aluminum in there, too. Thanks for the reply!

3. I have a collection of pots and pans I've had handed down to me over the years from friends and family. They are cheap and dated but get the job done! I don't even know what type of material they are made of. If I were to splurge on a new set, I believe I would go with stainless steel. Good luck in your research! Let us know what you decide on.

See More