Question

what’s wrong with sears craftman 22″ lawn mower new wont start?

It’s only 4 months old 1 use and it won’t start, what seems to be the problem??

Answers

7 answers

• San Jose, CA

Have you got rid of the old gas and added the Sea Foam product to your new gas?

• San Jose, CA

Has the little red bulb, that pre-loads the engine's carburetor with fuel, been pushed in the number of times the manual or label on the machine specifies?

• San Jose, CA

Is the bar, by the top of the handle, being held closed when trying to pull start the mower on?

• San Jose, CA

How old is the gas?

• San Jose, CA

What color and how many Ft-lbs is it rated?

1. Hello retirree. I see that inquisitivemind asked for a model number. Having that model number would help us to provide you with some specific advice and troubleshooting. You can also check your owner's manual for troubleshooting tips. If the mower has been idle for 4 months then you may need to replace the gasoline. I recommend that you add some more details such as whether it turns over when you try to start it. Since the mower is still within the warranty period, you may need to have it serviced after you have gone through all of the troubleshooting tips and operation instructions in the owner's manual.

2. Hi retirree,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Oh no! I am sorry that you are having issues with starting your lawn mower.Do you know the model number? This can help in making sure the right information is being provided at times.

If you can please check back periodically today we can have one of our Sears Experts help by providing some trouble shooting tips for you.

Thank you!