Question

When searching for a new dishwasher, one of the principal features I wanted was the “Quick Rinse/Rinse Only” cycle. The description (on Sears webpage) of the model we eventually purchased mentioned that this model (KitchenAid #KUDE20FBBL0) had this cycle. In fact, this model does not have this cycle. Seeing that the Sears description specifically states this dishwasher has this cycle, and we purchased this model with that expectation, we want Sears to replace this dishwasher with the model that does, in fact, have this feature. How should we proceed?

Answers

4 answers

1. Dear MKMILT1209,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’ll be happy to look further into the description discrepancy of your Dishwasher. We would like to speak to you as well and offer our assistance to make sure this matter is handled and taken care of properly. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (MKMILT1209), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-EdwinC

Thanks for your offer. After this was posted, I spent several hours on 2 different days in the chat window with 3 different Customer Care agents, the last one called Randall who said he was the floor supervisor. Sears acknowledged they were 100% at fault for providing false & misleading information. At the end of the day, Randall argued that I must pay the difference, as the replacement is an upgrade, but that he would give me a $400.00 discount. I argued that, while a tempting offer, still forces me to pay for Sears error; that I am not a fault & should, therefore, pay nothing. The only acceptable solution is a quid pro quo exchange. That would be the right thing to do. Randall said $400.00 was his final offer. With that, the chat ended.

2. Hi there, MKMILT1209! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your new dishwasher. We can get you in touch with a SearsCares team member who will be able to discuss the options with you on next steps. Check back soon from a team member looking to help.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Many thanks!

See More