Question

where can i complain about the repair services offered by sears?

Sears does not care about its customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers

359 answers

1. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that a once really great American company is destined to go the way of all companies that put their bottom line ahead of customer service. I paid good money for the Master protection plan on my freezer and the soonest they can schedule repair is TWO WEEKS.Which means a lot of good food to waste. Well, if you can't keep up with repairs on the stuff you sell,maybe you should hire some more repair people, Hello!

1. In response to shedman2

Welcome to MySears, shedman2! I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your freezer repair. I have sent your concerns along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss your options with you further.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. As soon as a response is posted, I will be sure to reach out to you via email to let you know.

Thanks!

2. There is a number that I have used to contact "Customer Solutions" 877-878-3687.

It has not really helped in my case but it is a point of escalation.

I have a 14 month old washing machine that the bearings wore out on.
    It sounded like a jet engine when it ran, but it still ran.
    After 7 appointments over 4 weeks(5 missed by sears) and 2 where they actually arrived.
    It is now completely dead.

I was told to expect a repairman this afternoon, but I know he is not coming because the automated system didn't call last night, and the part that was overnighted to me 4 days ago never arrived.

There is absolutely no concern for the customers time. Not only have I remained home 5 times when no sears technician arrived, but I was also placed on hold for an hour and 26 minutes while the support line attempted to contact routing for me. I eventually hung up, and they never got back to me.

I previously bought all of my appliances from Sears, but I will never even consider buying another product form them.

If Sears has personnel reading this to help resolve customer issues, I would appreciate any help i can get.

1. In response to Jimob

Hi there, Jimob! Thanks so much for sharing your experience on MySears! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with your washer repair. I am going to pass your concerns along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to follow up with you on your service call.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. As soon as a response is posted, I will be sure to send you an email to let you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to Jimob

Hello Jimob,

We appreciate you reaching out to us and sharing about the troubles with your washer and the multiple attempts made trying to repair it. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’ll be happy to have one of our case managers follow up with you, and assist you in getting this issue resolved. Please send the following information – the current case number provided to you by the online case manager, your contact #, screen name (Jimob) and phone # to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. so truth...
    They will say whatever but won't follow their words... I'm praying that what they'll keep their words to call me back in 24 hrs!!!!! to fix my washer, has been 2 weeks plus.. parts already arrived but for the technician to come is another problem. Who should we turn to or who can we talk to... they're in the circles of their own... so hopeless...

4. The answer to the main question of "Where you complain about Sears Service" is simple: You Cannot.

Better to avoid the aggravation entirely and purchase your appliances or service repairs through HHGregg, Home Depot, Best Buy or other, much more customer friendly competitors.

My last straw with this company was when my third Kenmore Washing Machine in ten years broke, and then the service rep simply refused to show up TWICE! As others in this thread have stated, I received a 4 hour window, at the end of the window (around 5pm) the tech called to say they were "running late" and then nothing more. This happened as I said twice over the course of two weeks and two days off early from work to wast my time from 1pm to 5pm. I didn't give them the opportunity to not show up a third time. I bought an LG from HHGregg that is still running problem free 5 years later.

Do not give this company your business. All they will offer you is form letter forum replies and empty "We are so sorry!" responses.

5. Weeks have passed since I first contacted Sears Home Repair about my dishwasher. Two weeks ago, a repair technician came out, determined what parts to order, and made an appointment for the following week. When he arrived, he stated another part was needed, and made an appointment for yesterday. Yesterday was the day that my dishwasher did NOT get fixed.
    I called Sears to inquire when the technician might arrive. I was told “around 3:56 p.m.”. I called again after 4:00 p.m.; the “customer service” agent was very rude, and told me the technician would call, and arrive, after 5:00 p.m. At 6:00, I contacted Sears via live chat, and was assured that someone would arrive that evening to repair my dishwasher. At 8:30 p.m., I again contacted Sears via live chat. I was told that the customer service representative would help me set up a new appointment; he asked my preferred date. I responded with today, between 8:00 and noon; I was then told that there would be no technicians available in my area, but they could set up an appointment between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. When I expressed frustration, I was brushed off.
    For a day off of work (and now sacrificing my entire Saturday), I still do not have a functional appliance.

1. In response to Murm

Welcome to MySears, Murm! I am sorry to hear of the frustrations you have had with your dishwasher repair. I have passed along your comments to the SearsCares team, who will be by in a bit looking to help.

I will be sure to reach out via email as soon as that response is posted.

Thanks!

2. In response to Murm

Murm,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear about your dishwasher and we apologize that we weren't able to fix it on the first attempt. We certainly don't want to cause you any frustration while going through this process and we'd like to speak with you to ensure your repair is completed as soon as possibl.Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Murm) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.

3. In response to Murm

have similar problem took them 3 visits to resolved the 1st problem.... talked to more than 10 people for helps... learn from my lesson but another problem occurred... ;-)
      have to do it over again with my washer.... never buy or get their services, again ever...

4. In response to Murm

Dear Ttain.,
      Thank you for letting us know about the issues you were experiencing with our service department and your washer. We want to provide top quality products and service to all of our members and can see how we’ve miss the mark in your case. At this time we would like to speak directly with you to see what we can do to correct this matter. Please send the following information – the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well add the screen name to reference your post (Ttain.), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Isaac D.
      MySears Community Moderator.

6. I called Sears about my washing machine on Thursday, March 17th. Got the first repair appointment available on Monday, March 31st. They chose the time and I had my mother waiting at my house for almost 4 hours. 20 minutes before the end of the 4 hours window, the tech called to say he was running late. He finally came at about 5:40pm and diagnosed my issue as a problem with the On/Off button. I paid for the part (by this time I was home from work) and secheduled an appointment for Thursday. When the tech arrived on Thursday, he realized the issue was a brocken heating coil. It's literally in 2 pieces. How the first guy didn't see this, I don't know. The part was ordered and I was scheduled again for Monday, April 7th. Seeing as this was a mistake by the tech the previous Monday, I called Sears, asked that the part be sent Priority Overnight to arrive by 10:30 am on Friday and schedule my repair for Friday afternoon. I confirmed with the Customer Service Center that this was set and that everything was ready for Friday afternoon. When no part arrived on Friday by 10:30, I called again and was told by another rep that the part was on the UPS truck and would still be delivered on Friday. I was also promissed an appointment for Saturday Afternoon and told that I need to call back Saturday morning to get a more narrow window for the repair instead of the usual 4 hour block. I also contacted Customer Service at 6 pm when I got home because the part still had not arrive and was told again, it was on the UPS truck and would be there on Friday. At 8 pm, when I called for the 3rd time on Friday, I was informed that the part was in Kentucky due to a weather issue and was in fact, not on a delivery truck. I live in NY. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, who name was Althea, who told me there was nothing she could do and she didn't know where I got the information about a delivery on Friday. She was not concerned that I had been lied to twice. On Satuday, the part did arrive, so I called to get that narrow window for my repair and I was told I didn't have a repair scheduled for Saturday. The rep I talked to on Friday, didn't make any notes. After talking to 2 supervisors in the Customer Solutions Department, Ivan, the 2nd supervisor, did make arrangments for my repair to be between 3-4 pm. The first rep taht I spoke to told me there was nothing she could do, again, lie number 3, because something was able to be done. When the tech arrive Saturday afternoon, the part that was shipped looked different, so he called to see if was OK to install. The first heating coil was M-shaped and the new part is U-shaped. The tech was told it would take 7-10 days to get an answer about if this is the correct part. I waited until Monday afternoon and called the Customer Solution Depatment again to get a status update on the "research". I spoke to Jill, who told me someone was going to contact LG every 30 minutes and "light a fire under them" to get an answer and that the person in the parts department would call me back. I have left my cell number at least 6 times. I waited 24 hours and called again. I asked to be transfer to the Customer Solution Center when I spoke to Rachel at ths call center, but she refused. I explained that my issues would out of her job description, but she continued to insist that she could handle it and would message the parts department. After 45 minutes and after speaking to her Supervisor, Lyka, I was finally transferred to the Customer Solution Center where while speaking to Charles, the line was disconnected. It may have been my phone, but who knows. However, I have not had a call back and if I was speaking to a fustrated person who I knew would be filing a complaint with anyone who will listen, I would have called her back. I work during the day and don't have 45-60 minutes to sit on hold while someone ignores my issue. And I still don't have any more information than I had on Saturday.

1. In response to Lunnms

Welcome to MySears, Lunnms! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you have gone through with your washer repair. A SearsCares team member will be by in just a bit looking to help. You will be assigned a case manager as your one point of contact to get you through your washer fix.

As soon as the team member posts a response, I will send you an email to let you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to Lunnms

Hello Lunnms!
      We thank you for taking the time to post your washer. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with what has occurred with your ordered part. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager who will work with our repair business partners to resolve your inquiries to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Lunnms), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

7. what a joke. we waited 1 week for sears repair tech only to get a call on the day of that we should just get a new dishwasher because he does not have the part for our dishwasher. he then blamed the call taker for our appointment saying they are all cheap foreign labor and make mistakes taking your order!
    The part that makes all of this more outrageous is when I called sears to complain about all of this, their "customer lack-of care" rep told me i had cancelled the appointment so it is my fault!
    They basically lied in their report to save their job and sears does not give a **** about its customers and our time.

1. In response to Rooeintan

Hi there, Rooeintan! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us today. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your dishwasher repair. I have sent your concerns along to the SearsCares team, who will be by in a bit looking to help.

As soon as a team member posts a response, I will be sure to reach out via email to let you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to Rooeintan

Hello Rooeintan,

Thank you for making us aware of the challenges you have been facing regarding your dishwasher repair, what you have described certainly proves this has been an upsetting experience. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. After reading your post, I’m compelled to reach out to you and offer our assistance. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with a case manager to see what options are available to resolve your parts repair situation. In order to contact you directly, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference this post (Rooeintan), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Again, we apologize for the unsuccessful repair attempts and poor customer service experience, we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Mina H

8. I wish I would have stumbled across this site prior to purchasing my service plan. I had an appointment to install some parts into my washer. The parts are sitting in my living room in big boxes. Took off from work for an appointment between 8-12.... got an automated call saying that they would be late and finally a call saying that "I" have to reschedule and the next time is 4 days from now. I asked to speak with the manager and got a district manager who started telling the woes of Sears business. Did you know that there are only two technicians in the entire DC metro area. Hmm maybe I will take mu business to one of the many companies that actually provide me a service for something that I have already paid for......Still waiting on a call back from a regional manager

1. In response to bee207201

Hi there, bee207201! Thanks so much for posting on MySears today. I am sorry to hear your appointment was cancelled. I have forwarded your comments along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to follow up with you on these concerns.

A team member will be by in just a bit with a reply! I will be sure to let you know via email as soon as they respond.

Thanks!

2. In response to bee207201

Hello bee207201,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this situation with the installation of your parts and we apologize for the level of customer service rendered in reference to the repair appointment of your washer. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to have one of our case manager’s help you in getting this matter resolved, and to make sure you’re taken care of. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (bee207201) phone # to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.

9. Talk about horrible service. A sears manager couldn't even tell me if their techs replace parts with genuine parts from the manufacturer. It took them over a month to "fix" my washing machine. And then come to find out that the fix wasn't completed. So here we go again...making an appointment. So this morning y a tech came to check the washing machine again right at 7am (a window THEY chose)...and didn't do anything, because he says he couldn't tell what was done, and couldn't call the office because it was closed. His solution? Call them back and make another appointment.

NEVER NEVER buy this service. It is a sham. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the State Attorney General's office.

You wonder why Sears is suffering financially. Wake up guys this is the reason. I may have to crack open a bottle of champagne when they do finally go under.

1. In response to GE12345

Hi there, GE12345! Thanks for sharing your experience with us today. I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your washer repair. I have sent your comments along to the SearsCares team, who will reach out here looking to help.

As soon as a response is posted, I will be sure to send you an email to let you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to GE12345

GE12345,

Thank you for your post and for bringing your issue to our attention. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the issues with your washer repair. We would like to have a case manager contact you to help ensure that the repairs to the washer are completed as quickly as possible. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information –contact phone number, screen name (GE12345), and phone number used when scheduling the repair to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,

Jack C.

10. If you find out where to complain, let me know. I waited two weeks for an appointment to service/repair my lawn tractor. After 30 minutes of operation it stopped working again. The earliest appointment I have been able to secure is more than two weeks out. That is outrageous and unacceptable!!

I expected more of Sears. I knew I would probably pay more but I depended on the Sears brand; my mistake.

1. In response to JAS99

Hi JAS99!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and would like to put you in touch with our Sears Cares team to speak with you personally.We understand completely the inconveniences this has caused you and want to make sure these concerns are addressed.

Once a response has posted I will be contacting you via email providing a link back for contact.

Thank you!

2. In response to JAS99

JAS99,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent repair experience. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the problems that you have been having with your lawn tractor. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail. After getting some more information about the tractor, our case manager would then be better able to determine how best to ensure that the repairs are completed as quickly as possible. Our case manager would also address any other concerns that you may have. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information – contact phone number, screen name (JAS99), and phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,

Jack C.

11. Apparently, they'd rather lose future customers than take a chance on a repairman having part of a day without a service appointment.

12. Reported 6-week-old refrigerator not working at lunch time on Wednesday. Earliest appointment available is Saturday. Three days without a refrigerator is not acceptable. Sears is paying too much attention to its bottom line (profit) and not enough to its top line (sales). Constantly losing future customers because of inadequate staffing or bureaucratic scheduling of service department. Sayonara, Sears.

1. In response to SadderButWiser2

Hi there, SadderButWiser2! Thanks for sharing this experience with us today. I am sorry that your fridge is not working properly, and your appointment time does not meet your expectations. I have passed your concerns along to the SearsCares team, who will be by in a bit looking to help.

I will be sure to send you an email letting you know once a response is posted.

Thanks!

2. In response to SadderButWiser2

Dear SadderButWiser2,
      Thank you for posting the issues you are having with your new refrigerator. We strive to provide service for all of our members in a timely manger and can see you are dissatisfied with our time frames. At this time we would like to speak with you directly to see what we can do to resolve this issue. Please send the following information – the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well add the screen name to reference your post (SadderButWiser2), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Isaac D.
      MySears Community Moderator.

13. If you ever need warranty service from sears, forget about it! Sears has the worst service customer ever--they will not solve a single problem for you. My lawn mower broke and is under warranty and sears will not take care of it. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them--a lot of false sympathy--everyone blaming another unit at sears. I will never purchase another item at sears and I recommend the same to you, unless it's a simple item you are sure will never break.

1. In response to savannah12345

Hi there, savannah12345! Thanks for visiting MySears today. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your mower repair. The SearsCares team will be happy to discuss this with you.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. As soon as they respond, I will be sure to let you know via email.

Thanks!

2. In response to savannah12345

Hello savannah1234!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you for reaching out to us. We can truly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with your lawn mower. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to contact you and assist with getting your concerns addressed. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (savannah1234), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

3. In response to savannah12345

What did he say about "false sympathy" again?

14. Wish I had read all of these posts before purchasing a service agreement from Sears. We have a Kenmore Oasis He washer that has been "fixed" twice and is still showing the code that was the reason we called for service in the first place. The washer was working, it would just stop once or twice mid-cycle and show an "F1" error code. We could press stop, then start to make the code go away. We had someone out to look at the machine last year and he said he couldn't do anything until we had the outlet grounded, so we did that. Then, we called again for service, they asked what code we were getting and they mailed us a part. The very nice man who installed that part a week after our first call said it seemed to be a bad part. He put the old part back in, but then the washer wouldn't work at all. He placed an emergency order for another part, and someone finally came to install that today (a week and a day after the other guy's visit). The receipt the technician left behind said he installed the part and ran a test on it, and it passed. But when I tried running a load of laundry, we got the same "F1" error code. I called Sears and tried to get the buy back out here, but now they're telling me they need to wait for the technician's report, which will take 24 hours. Then they will reschedule -- and in our area, everything is scheduled in an 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. window. I already took a day off work when the first guy came. I started calling to say the washer is NOT fixed at 4 p.m., have talked to three people now (it's 5:38) and have been on hold for a half-hour waiting to talk to a supervisor. It's no wonder Sears is struggling. Assuming they can fix this clunker, I'm thinking we will sell it and buy from a local store that services what they sell (our local Sears store closed last year). It's really a shame -- Sears used to be a trusted name. Not any more, apparently. BEWARE OF BUYING APPLIANCES FROM SEARS!!!

1. In response to chergibbs

Hi chergibbs!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I understand completely the inconveniences this has caused and having to plan your time around a scheduled delivery. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and bringing your concerns to our attention.

This issue is important to us and has been forwarded to our Sears Cares team to reach out to you personally.

Once a response has posted an email will be sent in providing a link back for contact.

Thank you!

2. In response to chergibbs

Hello chergibbs!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter. We truly apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your washer. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and assist with resolving this matter to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (chergibbs), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

3. In response to chergibbs

Thanks, Liz!

15. Never again! Purchased a Kenmore dishwasher in November 2012 with an extended warranty. Looks like that is pure profit (read robbery) for Sears, as you can't get service. It recently stopped working. We placed a service call and it was "diagnosed" over the phone and a part (slow) shipped to us with a service appointment scheduled 1 week later. Repairman did show up and told us that it was the wrong part and that "this always happens when they diagnose over the phone". Repairman ordered another part and another appointment was scheduled (for another week later). Second repairman came out and said it still was not the right part. Told my husband that when the correct part came that we could "do it ourselves". Next part came yesterday and it is not the right part. Tried calling last night and was actually hung up on by someone named Shaye in the Technical Support team. Today, "chatted" to see if I could get better service. The new tech tried to do the same trouble shooting that we had done 3 weeks ago over the phone (which started this whole mess). I had to tell them, by looking at a diagram he sent me, exactly what part I thought we neeeded based on the 2nd tech's description. Seriously? I paid Sears so I could diagnose the issue myself??? I'm not a repairman. When the tech said he was going to order the part, I asked him to please have someone confirm it is the right part. He did not, just ordered it anyway. I asked for it to be expedited, and he said he could not. This is absolutely the WORST service ever. You can't even call it service, it is just a time suck and robbery. Highly doubt that this next appointment will fix it since I can't get through to a manager, or some complaint department, despite asking and searching for a resolution. Unacceptable! We will never buy any Sears appliance again.

1. In response to NoDishwasherRepair

Hi there, NoDishwasherRepair! Thanks for sharing the problems you are having with your dishwasher repair. A SearsCares team member will be by in a bit looking to help get this straightened out for you. As soon as that reply is posted, I will be sure to let you know via email.

Thanks!

2. In response to NoDishwasherRepair

Hello NoDishwasherRepair,

We appreciate you letting us know about the difficulties you’ve been having trying to get the correct part order for your dishwasher, and we’re sorry to hear about the service rendered when you reached out for our assistance. This level of customer service is not acceptable and we want to make sure this part issue as well as the repair of your dishwasher is resolved once and for all. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’ll be happy to look into this issue and have one of our dedicated case manager’s help you getting this resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (NoDishwasherRepair) phone # to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.

3. In response to NoDishwasherRepair

What a fake forum! Love the "immediate" response asking for more contact information. You will then get an email saying that you will be assigned a case worker. Well it has been several days and no magic "case worker" could be bothered to contact me. Must be because they have so many complaints!

Also - the 3 shipment of parts arrived at the house today. It does not look like it is the right part AGAIN. Another serviceman is scheduled to come tomorrow. We have to take MORE time off work for the ineptness of this company, and I'll lay money that it will not be right and we will be back to square one again. May be time to see if we can take legal action for breach of contract since we have an extended service warranty that is clearly not being honored.

4. In response to NoDishwasherRepair

Dear NoDishwasherRepair,

Thank you for making us aware of the challenges you have been facing regarding your dishwasher repair, what you have described certainly proves this has been an upsetting experience. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We would be more than happy to forward your information to our case manager to see what other options are available to resolve your repair parts situation. Again, we apologize for the unsuccessful repair attempts and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Mina H
      MySears Community Mod

16. As a follow-up to my March 5th posts below, we finally were honored with a visit from a Sears Home Services technician on March 6th. He diagnosed the problem with our washer in under a minute and scheduled an appointment to return a week later between 8am-noon on March 13th to install the replacement parts.

Well, it looks like that service appointment scheduled for 8am-12pm EDT today is not going to actually happen in that window after all. Should we be surprised?

We received a Sears Home Services text message around 8am advising that the tech should be here between 10am-noom. Then, at around 9:45am today, we got an automated phone call advising that there were “delays in our area” and that “the technician may be later than the scheduled time frame”. You've got to be kidding, right?

This is definitely not the way we thought this 2nd service call was going to go after the "Sears Executive Offices" department (tel# 888-572-8119) got involved last week as a result of our negative feedback posted on this site. The Sears Executive Offices rep assured us that there would be strict timeliness and accountability from Sears going forward... guess that was just lip service. Unfortunately it seems that once again, Sears consistently cannot hit a 4-hour service appointment window to save their life. How are customers supposed to structure their personal lives/workday around the constantly moving target that is apparently the norm for the Sears Home Services department in our area?

1. In response to NoShowNoCall

Thanks for posting the Sears Executive Office number. I just tried to call and complain. Unfortunately you can't talk to anyone to lodge a new complaint. It immediately asks you to enter the 2 digit code for your case manager. Another fail by Sears!

2. In response to NoShowNoCall

you can try ext 25 for Sara. She is my rep, but hasn't returned any of my calls but it may be worth a try. Good luck!

3. In response to NoShowNoCall

Hi Ms.Vicki,

Thank you for providing this feedback concerning follow up contact. We know it is imperative to have timely communication when working to resolve matters concerning your appliance. Our records indicate your case manager attempted to contact you to follow up concerning the appliance delivery that was scheduled for 3/15/2014. We will forward your post to your case manager and request follow up contact.

Thanks,
      Brian R.

17. As a follow-up to my March 5th 9:38am post below... I called Sears Home Services (tel 888-405-1653)again today to inquire about yesterday's NO SHOW/NO CALL missed appointment. The Sears representative offered a new explanation that the technician had “been involved in a traffic accident” last night (contradicting the previous "tech stuck on an emergency service call" story they previously pitched us).

The Sears representative stated, "I show your rescheduled appointment for between 1-5pm this afternoon." We asked the Sears representative how it was even possible that our appointment had been "rescheduled" when, to date, WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE CALL FROM SEARS concerning the original missed appointment or to discuss rescheduling an appointment (kinda' important to involve the customer in that process, don't ya' think?). The Sears representative could not answer our question and instead simply regressed to reading their prepared script asking if we wanted to “just wait for the tech, reschedule, or cancel?”. Are you serious?
    C'mon, Sears. Get your act together.

NoShowNoCall,
      Thank you for sharing your current service experience with us. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We apologize that our service has not met your expectations and would like to have a case manager look into this issue with you. If you could please send your contact information over to smadvisor@searshc.com so we can make sure that we have the best method of reaching you, along with your screen name (NoShowNoCall), so we can reference this issue for you, otherwise we will use the default information we have to try and reach you. We hope to talk to you soon.
      Thank you,
      David W.

2. In response to NoShowNoCall

Re-reconfirmation of our default contact info was e-mailed Wed 3/5/2014 1:39 PM EST to smadvisor@searshc.com.

3. In response to NoShowNoCall

Call 800 994-2139; get yourself a case number; and call everyday until your issue is resolved. Sears has so many departments and none of them communicate with each other. I am trying to figure out which department has the worst customer service and I am beginning to think it is the Sears Home Services department that sends out the "technicians." I am also thinking that the service reps don't take their jobs too seriously. I have had many mishaps lately with them. It used to not be that way back in the 80's and 90's. Sears is contracting out for these repairs and the service reps just seem overwhelmed with the many products. They can't keep up with the new technology and they obviously are not getting customer relations training or technical training on the many appliances that are being made. Back to my original post; get a case number and call that "Blue Ribbon" number everyday until you get service. You might get lucky and get someone who cares about your issue and actually make an effort to help you out.

4. In response to NoShowNoCall

Call 800 995-2139; BLUE RIBBON SEARS CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER.

18. Sears, Sears, Sears… why must you consistently challenge your loyal customers to continue to remain loyal? We scheduled a service appointment online via Sears Home Services (Order #0008035414772128) for the repair of our Kenmore Elite washer. The 4-hour window for the scheduled appointment was 1pm-5pm. As has been our experience in the past with Sears Home Services, the technician was a NO SHOW/NO CALL. When we called Sears Home Services (tel 888-405-1653) to inquire about the missed appointment, the Sears representative gave us the same tired, overused explanation that the technician had “been delayed on an emergency call” and did we want to “just wait for him, reschedule, or cancel?”.

We asked the Sears representative why (if the technician was significantly delayed) did someone from Sears Home Services not call us to advise us that the technician was delayed. The Sears representative made it clear that the Sears “policy” is to only begin calling customers of missed appointments AFTER THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME HAS PASSED! This technician had apparently communicated with their dispatch folks (several hours prior to our appointment window ended) that they would not be able to make our appointment… but Sears refused to even try to start contacting any remaining customers until their appointment windows had already come and gone. What arrogance!

We then asked to speak to a Sears Home Services supervisor who sincerely apologized for Sears’ ridiculous policy regarding delayed/missed appointments. The supervisor then spoke to the Sears Home Services dispatch folks and relayed to us that the originally scheduled technician could/would still come out to our home and would call us 10-15 minutes before their arrival (they expected to arrive sometime between 6 and 7pm). That was at 5:30pm yesterday.

Fast forward 17 hours… we still have had NO SHOW/NO CALL from the technician or anyone from Sears whatsoever. At this point, we have now wasted approximately 22 hours (and counting) waiting to either have a Sears Home Services technician actually show up or to get a call from Sears with an explanation or remedy for this gross failure in basic customer service. It may be a surprise to hear, Sears, but your customers’ do have more pressing things to do with their lives than to wait around for tardy service technicians or write complaints in public forums such as this one. The crux of the problem comes from your front-line representatives who do not seem to care one way or the other about inconveniencing your customers. The impression we have developed over repeated exposure to this reoccurring scenario with Sears Home Services is that your technicians will only show up for a service call after multiple missed appointment windows, canned excuses, and insincere apologies.

We realize that posting to this forum will probably only result in an auto-generated request from someone on the Sears Cares team who #1, apologizes and #2, asks us send our contact #, screen name (NoShowNoCall), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. News flash, Sears Cares team – you have all that info listed in our Sears Home Services order # listed above. How about YOU grab the reins yourself and pass our information on to that department and we’ll wait to hear how Sears intends to remedy this situation.

Hi there, NoShowNoCall! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have passed your concerns along to SearsCares. They will respond right here in just a bit looking to help.

Thanks!

19. Can someone from Sears Cares contact me regarding order # 638468044 and order # 635309664? (phone number should be in the orders) The second order didn't process and I wasn't notified of this until 6 days after I placed an order and I never received an explanation. I re-ordered the items (all the appliances for my kitchen) besides the cooktop which was no longer in stock after the 6 days and the appliances aren't being delivered by the promise date due to snow (less than one inch) and are being delayed 3 business days. I am building a house and will probably have to pay my cabinetmakers overage to come out an additional day because of the 3 business day delay. Delivery is unable to tell me why appliances can't be delivered the day after the day they were originally scheduled.

1. In response to deliveryissues

Hi there, deliveryissues! I sure can send this along for you to SearsCares! A team member will be by in a bit to help get your order resolved. I will be sure to send you an email to let you know as soon as a response is posted.

Thanks!

2. In response to deliveryissues

Dear Deliveryissues,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We aim to provide the very best in products and services to all our members, but from your post it is clear that we still have some work to do. We are sorry for the trouble you have experienced with the delivery of your online orders, and we’d like the chance to help make this right by you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Iwonazbyszek), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
      Brian S.

3. In response to deliveryissues

Thanks, Brian!

20. you're right. Sears not only does care about its customers but also breached its promise for not providing services as indicated in the contract. I'm victim of Sears'poor management services. I bought refrigerator on President day and Sears promised to deliver it on 2/23. However, it breached the contract by not delivery on that day. Then I filed complaint and worked with case manager who promised to set up delivery day on 2/28. I received confirmed email and phone call from Sears. Then, you know what happened. SEARS BREACHED ITS PROMISE AGAIN. MY QUESTION IS WHETHER I SHOULD BUY REFRIGERATOR FROM ANOTHER RETAILER AND SUE SEARS FOR ANY DAMAGES I INCUR BECAUSE SEARS BREACHED ITS CONTRACT. I THINK ABOUT THAT AND MAY CONSULT WITH MY LAWYER FOR CLASS ACTION IF ANYONE OUT THERE SUFFER SIMILAR AND SAME TREATMENT LIKE ME.

1. In response to services

services,
      We're sorry that your situation with you delivery is ongoing. We will make sure to forward your post to your case manager's attention.

Thank you,
      David W.

2. In response to services

Yes I did

3. In response to services

One of the lovely conditions we all agree to when we buy from them is we won't sue them, no class action either. Call state attorney generals office.

21. We have been trying to get our washer fixed since Jan 2014 and have had no luck! I called to schedule an appt. in January and it was 2 weeks out well the technician did not show up and when I called Sears they could not give me a straight answer as to why he didn't. All I got was he tried calling, what does that even mean?
    So they rescheduled to another 2 weeks out. By that time the technician that came by tried to get Sears to replaced our washer since it would cost a lot more to fix it and they would not. So he ordered the part and again another 2 weeks went by. Last Thursday a different technician came and installed the parts but it was worst than before. During the time he was there he mentions that the motor may not work but doesn't bother to order the part. After he leaves I start to load clothes into the washer and surprise it is worst than before. So when I called after he left they scheduled a second appt. to yesterday. He shows up again and plays with the washer only to say that it's the motor. I asked him if he knew that last week why did he not order it, he couldn't answer that question. I'm tired of this and ready for my washer to work. I'm having to spend money at the laundry mat and extra time. Seriously, after the amount that I've seen that Sears has spent fixing my washer I could have just gotten it replaced for a new one. After all I do have a master protection plan on it.

1. In response to al_mora

Hi al_mora!

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. Your concerns are important to us and have been escalated to our Sears Cares team so that they may personally assist you with the repairs of your washer.

To help in directing you back for contact with our team, I will be sending an email providing a link back to your thread.

Thank you!

2. In response to al_mora

Hello al_mora,

Thank you for sharing with us about your problems with your washer, and we’re sad to hear that the repair made has not fixed it. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to speak with you and have a case manager look into the repair, and assist you in getting this situation resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (al_mora) phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.

3. In response to al_mora

I have sent an email.

4. In response to al_mora

Great! Please keep us posted on your status.

Thank you al_mora!

22. I, too, am sick of Sears! I bought a Kenmore fancy 40 inch dual flame stove in 2005. One of the burners had to be replaced, as per initial $75 visit. Parts were ordered and entire bill for repair was paid for to find out that they couldn't fix it due to age of the stove. Exact wording: UNABLE TO REPAIR DUE TO AGE. CUSTOMER DUE REFUND ON PART ON CWD FORM. It has been over 10 business days since and still no refund check! I called the 800 number, and they said they would research it. Still no refund check. And I am out of the initial $75 trip. How can it be possible that something bought brand new in 2005, be obsolete in 8 to 9 years. The answer is obvious: it looks pretty on the outside but it's cheaply made despite its $2400 price tag. At one time Sears meant solid customer care and products you could count on. Not anymore.

1. In response to richard.schillen

Hi richard.schillen! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with your stove and that promised refund. A SearsCares team member will be by shortly looking to help. As soon as a reply is posted, I will let you know via email so you can view the response.

Thanks!

2. In response to richard.schillen

Hello richard.schillen,

Thank you for sharing with us about your unresolved refund part issue and we’re sorry to hear that 10 days have gone by and you haven’t received your refund yet. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’ll be happy to have a case manager look into it and assist you in this matter. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (richard.schillen) phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.

23. I have had it with Sears as well. I have been a loyal Sears customer for 20 years and my parents before me. It ends here. I have a dishwasher that has leaked on my wood floors and into my basement on 5 different occasions….but it is repairable so they will not replace the dishwasher. I spent an hour on the phone with a manager in Protection Agreements last week and was happy to finally be told that they would replace the dishwasher and I would be contacted in 48 hours. I was never contacted and when I called back they have no record of the fact that I was told it would be replaced. I spoke to a manager in Protection Agreements, Gary #571174, who would not even pull the tapes to confirm that I was told it would be replaced. Why do they bother taping the calls? I keep thinking that someone at Sears has to care that they are losing my loyal business…..we'll see if I get a response from this post…..

1. In response to samp888

Oh no! I am so sorry samp888!

Your concerns are very much validated and I would like to have our Sears Cares team look into this further for you. Once our team receives the contact information that they will be requesting, a dedicated case manager will be working with you personally to help resolve this issue.

Again, we thank you for giving us a chance to help in making this right for you!

Once a response post, I will be reaching out via email with a link back to your thread for contact with the Sears Cares team.

Thank you!

2. In response to samp888

Samp888,
      Thank you for the information that you have provided us about your dishwasher. We’re sorry for the problems that you have been having with the repairs to the dishwasher and I can understand from reading your post that this has been a very difficult situation for you. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this in greater detail. After getting some more information about the dishwasher, our case manager would then be better able to determine how best to resolve your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Samp888), and phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you

Jack C.

3. In response to samp888

Jack C,

I to am having a problem with my dishwasher. Not sure what part was replaced (we think a timer) end of Nov 2013. When the dishwasher would run it would get stuck during the cycle. Today, my tenant who lives in the home, texted to say the dishwasher wasn't working again, same problem. So a part w/labor that I paid $228 (I could have bought a new dishwasher), already went bad again & Sears repair doesn't want to do anything about it, cuz it is over 90 days. They want to charge me $75 again, to come out & diagnose & Im sure charges for the same flippin part. Are you kidding me? Maybe the root of the problem wasn't initially found, so this will continue to happen over and over again. I am so aggervated I could scream. I would appreciate it if someone could contact me at ke***@yahoo.com ?

4. In response to samp888

Hi there, SherriRR! Thanks for posting. We responded to the thread you started a bit ago.

Click here to view our replies.

We also removed your email address from appearing publicly on the site, but passed it along to the team prior to doing so.

Thanks!

5. In response to samp888

So; I am still dealing with getting my appliances that I have paid over 20 years of protection agreements on. When you call them you have to call them back to confirm that your call was actually put into the record. My issue began January 16 and I am still working on it. Keep at it and maybe finally you will get someone who really cares about your issue.

6. In response to samp888

Hi kb815,

Thanks for letting us know that your issue is yet to be resolved. We've forwarded this information to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.

7. In response to samp888

Hi Edwin C.
      Thanks for your response. I am feeling hopeful. This has been a long process. I am sure all of you are trying your best. Please don't take our issues lightly. It is disappointing when a company warrants something but the consumer has to climb Mt. Everest to get help resolving appliance issues. Of course, things are going to happen to mechanical machines but we shouldn't have to get a headache and lose sleep over the products we bought from Sears. We don't have spare money sitting around to spend on new appliances that is why we buy the warranty. It is frustrating when you have to fight with the very company that you purchased a product from to get action on a warranty resolved.

8. In response to samp888

Good Morning!

Your concerns are very understandable and our Sears Cares team will do everything that they can to help in resolving these issues for you.

Please continue to keep us posted on your status and I have forwarded your concerns to your case manager.

Thank you kb815!

9. In response to samp888

Hi kb815,

Thank you for your response and we do understand. I forwarded this additional information to your case manager as well.

Thank you,
      Edwin C.

24. Well here we go again. After 4 attempts to repair my not very old washer it began the F01'scapade. Call Sears moments after the tech left after an almost complete rebuild of the unit and am told a tech must come back out to diagnose the problem. Today is the day and no tech. So I called service again on the other side of the planet. I was told the tech called, no answer was received, so he moved on. Let me make one thing perfectly clear. KMART and SEARS have lost another customer today. I shell never, ever purchase one additional item from either store. Apologies mean squat! Goodbye idiots.

1. In response to LAGuyBP

Hello LAGuyBP!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you for reaching out to us. We can truly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with washer repair. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to contact you and assist with getting your washer concerns resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (LAGuyBP), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

25. Well this discussion board is depressing and now I am also a victim of Sears Customer Service fiasco. 4 weeks ago I called under a sears warranty for my kenmore stackable washer/dryer. It wouldn't turn on. Tech came had to order part (I understand) returned next week installed part, left washer still wouldn't turn on. Called, told me tech would come back within hour. Got another call reschedule till the following week. Tech comes washer runs for 1 load and then stops. Won't turn on again. Call immediately and am told scheduled for one more week. I lost it, how can you make former unrepaired washer customer wait another week? Like it's a new call? So now 4 weeks and I have to take clothes to laundry mat. People on phones sound like robots, have no ability to priortize calls. My family has been shopping at sears for all appliances and tools for over 50 years!!!!! Guess what I'm the last. Called an independent repairman to see if I could have him fix it with my paying him and he says he can't get parts for Sears LG appliances. Great sears not only has a lock on the parts but basically forces you to get their service plan and then they don't fix it. What has happened to dependable sears. It's gone with the wind.

1. In response to ocnecee

Hi there, ocnecee! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us today. I am sorry you are having such a hard time getting your washer repaired. That sounds very aggravating. A SearsCares team member will be by in a bit looking to help. As soon as a response is posted, I will be sure to send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to ocnecee

ocnecee,
      We’re sorry that our repair service has not met expectations with regards to your washer repair. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. I can understand your frustration with this situation and wanted to offer our assistance. We would like to have a case manager contact you directly to discuss this situation and assist in addressing any concerns you may. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (ocnecee) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.
      Thank you,
      David W.

26. 2 weeks without a fridge. 2nd kenmore elite. Same issue. Freezer dies and everything defrosts. This 2nd fridge lasted 1 year same issue. Now waiting for the tech to return after he came in, did trouble shooting, and ordered parts. Parts have been here for a week and someone called to make an appointment. Day of the appointment we get a call to confim someone will be there from blah blah blah... No one showed up and when we called they said we had to make another appointment. Then we get a random call that someone will be here in a week. Thats 3 weeks now. I will never buy a sears product again. I work in media and I plan on spreading the word about my experience. I feel for the people that need jobs but Sears can go under as far as I'm concerned.

1. In response to kmg425

Hi kmg425!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this situation regarding your refrigerator. We truly apologize for the troubles you have experienced with waiting three weeks to have the parts installed. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to assist with resolving this matter. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (kmg425), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

27. Don't bother complaining to Sears. The fact of the matter is Sears is on it's way out of business. So why should they care about complaints. They ripped me off with their home services. They send techs that don't know what they are doing and do not fix the problem. I lost $168 to a tech that broke my garage door. My letters have not done any good. STAY AWAY FROM SEARS FOR ANYTHING. There are plenty of companies to deal with that care about quality and customer service. Sears is not one of them. I will never deal with Sears again. Another customer lost, Sears.

1. In response to johnmuzzy10

Hi there, johnmuzzy10! Thanks for visiting today. I am so sorry that you had an issue with your garage door repair. I have passed your comments along to the SearsCares team, who will reach out in a bit to help.

Look for an email from me letting you know as soon as they respond.

Thanks!

2. In response to johnmuzzy10

johnmuzzy10, Thank you for posting about your garage door repair issue. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and services and it seems we've let you down in this instance. We'd like to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who can speak with you and discuss possible resolutions to this situation. We value your business very much and want to make this right. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (johnmuzzy10) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.

3. In response to johnmuzzy10

The email address you provided is not a valid email address. My email system will not send to this address. Please provide a valid email address for me to respond as you indicated.

4. In response to johnmuzzy10

Hi there, johnmuzzy10! That email address is correct! I hope you will give it another try.

Let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks!

See More