Question

Where can I make complaints regarding delivery issues?

I had enough with Sears and I will never purchase anything from them again. I had this delivery issue for 3 weeks now and I literally have chest pains from the anger. I just spent this holiday weekend sitting at home waiting for delivery people to show up. One of them was actually very rude and hung up on me. Contrary to Sears, Lowe’s was able to deliver and setup my french door fridge in one day. No wonder Sears is in trouble. In the future, I’ll only go to Lowe’s. My friends who saw this ridiculous situation agrees that Sears can NOT be trusted. Even though I’m going to walk away, I still felt important others here about this. Happy Independence Day Weekend to people who were actually able to do something and not be stuck at home waiting for delivery people. Cheers.

Answers

29 answers

1. This has been the worst fridge buying experience ever. It all makes sense why Sears is in trouble financially… I still don’t have my fridge and people keep calling saying it’s not coming then I call and they say it will come. All I want is the fridge I’ve already paid for. Is there anyone at Sears that wants to help?

1. In response to jjones1234

Hi jjones1234!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us and am sorry to hear of this issue.

To discuss these issues with you further, I am putting you in touch with our Sears Cares team so that can talk to you personally in helping to resolving these issues and making sure your needs have been met.

Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email providing a link back for contact.

Again we thank you for reaching out!

2. In response to jjones1234

jjones1234,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We appreciate your feedback regarding your refrigerator delivery and would be happy to contact you to assist in getting it delivered as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jjones1234) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to jjones1234

Delivery was supposed to be between 12-2, then when that didn't happen and I called, it was 3-5. Now it's over an hour from that time and no delivery. No one at customer service can seem to help.

4. In response to jjones1234

Hi stillwaitingintx!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with a delivery as well as assistance.

To help you on these issues I have forwarded your concerns to our Sears Cares team. Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email providing a link back for contact.

Thank you!

5. In response to jjones1234

Hello stillwaitingintx,

Thank you for taking time to post about what you’ve experienced with your delivery and your subsequent attempts to receive assistance. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. After reading your post, I would like to offer our assistance by having a dedicated case manager follow up with you to see what options are available to properly address this situation. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (stillwaitingintx),to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the confusion regarding your delivery and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Mina H

2. I wish I had done a Web search on Sears complaints before I purchased a new refrigerator last week with Sears. The refrigerator delivery and water line install were both supposed to happen today. We'll neither did. I got a call yesterday from the installers explaining they had to ensure the refrigerator was delivered first but then they said we would see if it worked out today. Then they called me back later and gave me the one window of time I had told Sears I could not be home. I was steaming but calmed down. So then I get a confirmation call on the delivery for 7am- 9 am today. Problem is I asked for an afternoon slot because I had a 10 am appt. But I confirmed thinking it would be enough time before 10 to work. I clear my refrigerator out getting ready. Get up at an ungodly hour on a Saturday and about 7am the delivery guy calls and tells me my window is 8am-10am! I explain I have to be at another appointment at 10 and it was clear they'd come close to 10. They then promised to deliver it tomorrow. I told them I wouldn't be home before 2 pm. They said they'd be here between 2 - 4 pm tomorrow. Ok. So then later today I get a call telling me they can't deliver tomorrow. At this point I tell them either it's here tomorrow afternoon or I want a refund. They have someone else else call me and she says delivery is tomorrow. When I said I won't be home before 2pm, she seemed surprised and it sounded like it's up in the air if the refrigerator will arrive tomorrow when I'm home. Ironically I had planned to purchase a dishwasher tomorrow from Sears. That's not happening and if there is no refrigerator I'm getting a refund and going to Lowes for both.

1. In response to jhardy

Hello, jhardy!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your refrigerator. We truly apologize for the mishaps you have encountered with the delivery and water line installation. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to assist with resolving this matter to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jhardy), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

3. Had a few horrible experiences with Sears orders - just in the past month.
    1) Ordered a range fan from store - came in wrong color
    2) Ordered extra range cords and dishwasher tube - never came
    3) Asked for refund for #2, was told warehouse would contact me - never happened
    4) Asked again for refund, was told to go to physical store
    5) Asked physical store for refund, they said it's happening - still has not happened
    6) Had a repairman inspect new range - no call ahead of time as promised, buzzer rang and he left within 30 seconds to go do another delivery, sears delivery warehouse was rude about, the actual delivery guy said he called multiple times - but never left a message? I said that I'd show him my missed calls on my phone and he couldn't make eye contact.
    7) I was hung up on by another delivery warehouse guy on the phone
    8) The whole system is rather embarrassing.

1. In response to J2014

Welcome, J2014! Thanks for posting your constructive feedback on MySears today. I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had with this range purchase. A SearsCares team member will reach out here in a bit looking to help. Once you connect with them, you will be assigned a case manager as one point of contact to assist, which I think will be especially useful.

I will be in touch via email to let you know when a response is posted.

Thanks!

2. In response to J2014

Hi J2014,

Thank you for taking time to post an account of your recent shopping experiences we realize they have caused you to be disappointed. For many years Sears has built a reputation of providing top quality products and excellent member services and it appears we missed the mark in your behalf. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I would like to take this time to offer our assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you in order to address each of the concerns you have detailed in your post. Please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (J2014) to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for posting to bringing these matters to our attention. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
      Brian R.

4. At the beginning of December in 2013, I made the decision to purchase a washer and dryer from Sears. At that time, I paid in full for the washer and dryer units, and Sears gladly accepted this payment. I still have not received my washer, and my dryer sits uninstalled, due to the shortcomings of Sears. I sincerely regret my decision to support Sears with my business, and I strongly suggest anyone considering making a big appliance purchase to reconsider any other retailer other than Sears.

Delivery of these units has been rescheduled five times now. The first time, the delivery man refused to deliver the unit because it had snowed and he didn't want to drag it through the snow. The second time the delivery was scheduled, the washer was dented to the point it affected the drum and would not have worked properly. The third delivery was scheduled for yesterday. After waiting for the three hour call window the night before, I did not receive a call about the delivery time so I called the 1-800 number two different times last night, spent over an hour on the phone, only to finally speak to a supervisor who told me my delivery had been cancelled--unbeknownst to me--and rescheduled for Wednesday. I had to call again last night because I was never given a time window for delivery, and I was told that it was supposed to be delivered again today. However, due to my experiences with Sears, I am was not optimistic that this would actually occur. My suspicions were correct, because when the technicians arrived this time, they said they "didn't have the proper cord" and could not install the washer or dryer today. As a result, I will have to schedule another delivery (the fifth so far) through the 1-800 number. I still do not have what I have paid for.

Every time I have had an issue with delivery, I've called the customer service number. The "customer service" is horrendous and worse than anything I've ever experienced. After the washer arrived dented and unusable in my home, I called this number with my installation technicians present. The woman who I spoke with, Elly (Unit # 24201) spoke such broken English that I couldn't understand her on a basic level. And she clearly did not understand me. When the technicians and I both (separately) explained to her that the unit was dented and a replacement was needed, she continually offered me a $50 gift card. A $50 gift card for an inoperable washer that I paid for over 60 days ago is a completely inappropriate response to the situation that Sears put me in. I explained to her that this was insufficient, but she continued only to offer me the gift card. I asked to speak with her Supervisor numerous times, and she told me her supervisor was "too busy" to talk with me. I asked to speak to someone else in her office who could speak English since I could not understand her, but she also said she couldn't arrange for that. After a frustrating hour on the phone, and being put on hold 2 or 3 times, she finally agreed to process a replacement washer for me. She assured me that she would schedule this for 2/4 after 4 pm. Clearly, since that delivery was "cancelled" and rescheduled without my knowledge, that did not occur. Last night, after another night spent on the phone with customer service, going through a total of 3 different operators, I finally got through to a Supervisor who offered to comp the delivery fee. However, I think this is insufficient to compensate me for these inconveniences and delays.

I have spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to obtain my purchased merchandise at this point that I already rendered payment for months ago. I have been on the phone with Sears Installation Customer Service every night this week so far, for four nights straight. I have taken 2 different Saturdays off work and arranged to have contractors or friends come over to accept delivery this week on 2 different occasions. As of now, I still do not have this merchandise. In fact, it has taken so long for me to get this merchandise that, when I look my order up online, it already says the 60 day return time limit has already expired--and I still haven't even received the merchandise! This has been an extreme inconvenience and the whole experience has been a nightmare.

Sears has made it clear to me that they care very little about their customers or about their fundamental obligations to provide customers with merchandise that they have already accepted payment for. I would suggest anyone considering a purchase with Sears to not make the same mistake I did--before it is too late.

1. In response to MRC120

Hi MRC120!

Thank you for sharing your delivery experience with us. Your feedback is very important us on this issue and I am extremely sorry to hear that you have been waiting this long for the delivery of your appliances.

To help in assisting you on this issue I have escalated to our Sears Cares team so that a dedicated case manager can work with you on getting this issue resolved.

Once a response has posted, I will be reaching out via email with a link back to your post for contact with our team.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to reach out on this issue!

2. In response to MRC120

MRC120,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post, it is understandable why you would be upset with our delivery service as well as with our customer service. Having multiple reschedules for items paid for months ago would frustrate anyone. We would be happy to contact you to make sure that your merchandise is delivered to you as soon as possible without any further problems.Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (MRC120) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.

5. My experience with Sears has gone from excellent to annoying to downright comical.

We purchased an air hockey table as a Christmas gift for our kids. The in-store customer service was excellent; we paid for the table and then anxiously awaited its arrival on December 23rd. And that's where the fun ended. It's now January 21st and my children have yet to play with the table.

It was delivered as promised. Broken in three places. The looks of disappointment written all over our kids' faces was awful. I was on the phone with Sears within minutes and another table was promised -- this time with installation included as an accommodation for our trouble. Great.

Well, January 5th and January 12th go by. No table. I spent countless hours on the phone being transferred between "customer care" (or so it's called), delivery, the store, and installation. The number of errors attached to my order is ridiculous. Sometimes the rep could see that installation was to be included, other times not. And even though our first table was picked up and returned the morning after it arrived in multiple pieces, Sears continues to think I'm hiding it somewhere in my house because they call me every 48 hours to tell me they're coming to get it.

Finally! It's January 19th and the Sears truck rolls into the driveway with the table. Only, no one came with it for installation. Another disappointment followed by 90 (NINETY!) minutes on the phone with Sears. Again. And I should note -- NOT ONE APOLOGY. NOT ONE. But I did receive a $50 gift card. I can't wait to spend it because I'm dying to give Sears more business.

After multiple transfers and several confused reps later, I'm told the table is to be installed today, January 21st. So last night when 9pm rolled around and I hadn't received my installation window, I called Sears (ugh). Surprise! "Well, no contractors have accepted the job and we won't be able to give you an update until tomorrow evening." What? Really? When were you planning to tell me?!

Shortly after I hung up, the phone rang. It's Sears -- an automated message asking me to call ASAP to schedule the pickup of the "treadmill" I'm returning? Huh??? The only treadmill I own is from circa 1995 (and it wasn't purchased from Sears). I'm half tempted to let them come get it and haul it away.

Which brings me to today. Someone from Sears called to tell me installation will occur on Thursday. Ok, fine, whatever. I'm not holding my breath. An hour later I received another call from Sears -- this time from "Installation" telling me it's "all set" for Friday. When I told this person I had just confirmed installation for Thursday, she responded, "I'm not sure why someone told you that. Who told you? I'm the only person who can schedule it."

Really, Sears?

1. In response to LSB413

Hi LSB413! Thanks for sharing your experience on MySears today. I am so sorry that you are having such difficulty getting that air hockey table delivered and installed. I have forwarded this issue on to SearsCares, who will be by in a bit looking to help.

Once they post a response, I will send you an email to let you know. When you contact them, they can follow up with you to ensure your delivery and installation are successful.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

2. In response to LSB413

Hi LSB413,

Thank you for taking time to post about your experience with multiple attempts at getting your air hockey table installed. Your detailed account clearly describes how this has been not only upsetting for your children also aggravating and discouraging for you. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. After reading your post I am taking this time to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We would be more than happy to connect you with a case manager who will work closely with our delivery and installation business partners to bring this matter to a satisfactory resolution. Please send the following information – your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (LSB413), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Thank you again for taking time to post about your recent shopping experience. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

6. I am having a similar problem. Our very expensive washer and dryer set were supposed to be delivered to our new house on Sunday. When they did not arrive, I called to find out that they had in fact been successfully installed and delivered, what was the problem? I have called the past 3 days, multiple times, to Sears customer service AND delivery, and have been told either my order doesn't exist, my order was already delivered, and often, that a sears delivery manager has been assigned and will call me back by end of day. They have never once called me about delivery. I really don't know what to do at this point! My children and I need a washer and spent a lot on the super kenmore deluxe! Please help! Who else can I call? Today I've been on hold for 15 minutes, I think they've just given up on me and want me to give up and I guess take the $2700 hit and buy elsewhere. Sigh.

7. I too have had issues with Sears home delivery. I have been trying for a week to get my dryer delivered and they call with the delivery window and then call the day off an cancel. The first dryer didn't fit, when the delivery person was there he tried to get customer service to allow him to leave that one with me until the new one came but they "assured" me that the new one would be there in 2 days. Well here I am a week later and still without a dryer. Everyone "assures" me that it will be delivered but I've heard that 3 times now and still have yet to see the dryer. This is the worst customer service EVER!!! Had I known this was going to happen I would have kept my old dryer until the new dryer was delivered and now I'm left with nothing. Just taking time off work waiting and now have to use a laundromat. This is ridiculous and I will never use Sears again!!!!

8. To start off I ordered a California king sized mattress and split box springs online. On the facing page it does not state that you have to buy two to complete the set for the box springs. The morning that it was suppose to be delivered I received a call stating that there was only one box spring and the mattress. I requested them to wait to bring my box spring and mattress because I wanted it them together. I called customer service and was told that the second half of the box springs would cost $260 when I paid $130 for the first half. I requested to speak with a sup after the agent argued with me; she disconnected the phone call. After calling back and speaking with the sup he was able to get me to someone that would honor the original price I paid. That agent ended up charging me again for the mattress, box spring, and also the second box spring. I called back and spoke with another agent who informed me that she would credit my banking account. Also the agent informed me that I would receive a call letting me know when the appointment would be set to best suit my time. I get an automated call on Friday night that the beds would be delivered Saturday morning. I did not agree to this time because I have to work. I called out of work and the delivery men showed up with just the box springs and no mattress. The delivery man called the warehouse who informed me that a separate appointment had been made to deliver the mattress on Tuesday. I am off on Sunday's and Monday's not Tuesdays. I called customer service and was very upset; I told the agent from the start that I was very upset. When I was trying to explain the situation I interrupted repeatedly and then was told, "You don't talk to me that way!" I was upset which should be understandable, especially since I was being charged twice for something I hadn't received. I requested to speak with her supervisor and she told me I would have to have a good reason to speak to her and she needed to know. I told her I had a problem with her talking to me the way she was and she basically tells me off. I finally had to tell her I wanted to speak to a sup because she was being a ***** (which I really didn't want to do but it was the only way to get a sup). She places me on hold for 30-45 min. The delivery men stated that she was being very spiteful and apologized for her behavior. The delivery men were very nice and was also trying to work with me and their agents. I told him I wanted everything together because they would also have to haul my old bed away. He informed the agent he was speaking with and they made another appointment for Monday to deliver the mattress and box springs. This morning at 8:00 am the next delivery men came to my door with the mattress only. I called once again and was told they could only deliver my mattress and not the box springs. I went ahead and had them haul my mattress away and left the box springs here. They refused to send someone out today on my day off and told me they would make an appointment for tomorrow. I have to work and it was still early in the morning. They have stated they would place a window for tomorrow from 4:00 to 6:00 but I am not home until 4:40 to 5:00. I have been given a discount but was promised 3 different $60 gift cards that I have yet to receive and the money is still not back into my account. I have had to miss work and spent numerous hours on the phone with numerous rude customer service agents. I am not satisfied with the way my order has been dealt with. The whole ordeal has left me feeling that Sears is not a professional company

1. In response to Angrybeyondmeans

Welcome, Angrybeyondmeans! I am so sorry to hear of all of the problems you have had trying to receive your mattress and box springs. I can understand your frustration. I would like to get you in touch with the SearsCares team, so they can have a chance to make this right for you.

A team member will respond in just a bit. Once the reply is posted, I will email you immediately to let you know so you can connect with them to get this resolved.

Thanks!

2. In response to Angrybeyondmeans

Angrybeyondmeans,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your mattress purchase. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with getting your mattress set delivered. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this issue and assist you with addressing any other concerns you may have. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Angrybeyondmeans), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      David W.

3. In response to Angrybeyondmeans

It's amazing that company with such a large network and is so image conscious gives so little about the final delivery. It seems that once you have paid and walked out the door you become so low on the pole that you just have to put up with the lies and nonsense until you finally receive or cancel your product. I figure I'll wait another two hours until I cancel my order, I've been waiting from 8.45AM and it's now almost 2PM. The driver told his dispatcher, or so I am told, that he spoke to me to explain the delay. Nobody called me, by the way it took a couple of hours of detective work and phone calls to finally get to talk to the dispatcher, Sears does not want you getting any phone numbers or to try to get your problems resolved yourself. If I know where the delivery truck was I would have gone and got it myself somehow instead of waiting and being fed BS on my day off. Why oh why did I ever think Sears would deliver on time after everyone I know told me the service is terrible?

4. In response to Angrybeyondmeans

saddrison,
      We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with regards to your delivery. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the delivery is listed and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (saddrison) for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.
      Thank you,
      David W.

9. Sangl_business, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are very sorry for the troubles you have encountered with our delivery team. We can truly understand your frustrations with the level of customer service you have received. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your concerns and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (sangl_business), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

10. Hi sangl_business,

Thank you for posting your delivery issues with us in the MySears Community!

I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares team whom can help with any complaint issues that you have expereinced. They would be happy to help you further.

Please check back periodically for they will be responding with a request for more information to help with your complaint.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

We have had the worst, I repeat the worst delivery and installation service ever with Sears out here in Austin.

We bought our "State of the Art" dishwasher on Mar 16th. Today is Apr 2nd and it has not been installed yet. In between, there was a muddled installation attempt where the installer did not finish the installation and his boss wanted me to sign off saying that it has been installed. When I refused, he said he will have to uninstall it and that I have to pay $289 for doing so. This is the type of professionalism Sears has. I am amazed they are still in business.

Sears then said they will send another installer with a new dishwasher in 7 days. It has not been delivered yet. In between I have had many many phone calls to numerous departments. It is unbelievable that no one can help us. I am being passed around like a hot potato - who is in charge at Sears?

I know there will be a standard response to this post as well "We apologize blah blah blah ...." Believe me nothing useful comes from that. There is not one soul I talked to that was empowered to do anything to help me.

Those that are reading this review, please run. The only items you want to buy from Sears should be those you can carry with you. My big mistake was not reading the reviews on-line.

No more Sears for me - never!!

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi DishwasherWoes! Thanks for sharing your experience with us on MySears today. I am so sorry you are still waiting on that dishwasher delivery and install. I have forwarded your comments along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to follow up with you to make sure you are taken care of.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. As soon as they post, I will be sure to let you know via email.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Dear DishWasherWoes,

Thank you for sharing your most recent Delivery and installation experience with your dishwasher. It our top priority to provide all of our members with top quality service and can see why you would be dissatisfied at this time. I am reaching out to you so we can offer our assistance you and work directly with you in getting this matter resolved. Please send the following information – the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well add the screen name to reference your post (DishWasherWoes), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Isaac D.
      MySears Community Moderator.