Question

Where do I find the fine print regarding a promotional purchase. I will admit that I have failed to pay close attention to my bill, I log in and pay a few hundred dollars and write down my confirmation number. Unfortunately I failed to notice that a portion of my monthly payment has NOT been applied to a promotional (no interest) purchase from last June. I can not find any settings that tell the CC co. to apply my payment.(unlike Lowe’s great site, ie- where you can apply min payment to outstanding balance and the remainder to a promo payoff!) NOW, I have a $1,000 promo payoff due in June. The worst part is that I took my ring back to Sears on Sunday for repair because a stone fell out and now I find out that I have not paid one penny towards the purchase, and will probably be without my wedding ring for weeks!!!! I sent an email regarding this question, and the answer was they would send me a letter in 7m

Answers

4 answers

1. Grapesoda, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry for the troubles you are having monthly payments. I can truly understand your frustrations regarding your payments not being applied correctly and having to wait for your ring to be repaired. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (grapesoda), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi grapesoda. Welcome to the MySears Community!

Please call the Sears Card Support Team for help with your account at 1-800-917-7700. This team can walk you through your current balance and any additional questions you have related to the account.

Hope this helps!

3. oops! My computer froze me out.
    The response to my email was "we will send you a letter in 7 to 10 days". Still waiting.

1. In response to grapesoda

Hi grapesoda,

I am assuming that it is past the 7-10 days since they had mentioned you receiving this letter.

I am going to have one of our Sears Cares Team members look into to see if they can help you in anyway.

Please check back periodically for they will respond back with information that they will need from you.

Thank you!