Question

Where is the help for a recently purchased Kenmore dehumidifier that has been recalled?

I bought the Kenmore 52701 dehumidifier at Sears.com back in June and now it has been recalled. All I want to know before I cut the cord and send it in for the “reimbursement” is what is the reimbursement? I have emailed Sears this question but only got a standard reply that had nothing to do with my question. I called Sears only to be given a different number to call that was supposedly for recall questions. When I called that number they did not give me the time of day and told me they couldn’t help me. I have called the recall hotline that was sent to me in the mail but that is only a recording that does not help. Please someone assure me that I will receive the full amount I paid for the dehumidifier just 5 months ago ($285 with tax). I bought your product in good faith with the intention of it working for many years and not potentially burning my house down. The least Sears can do is refund the full amount after only 5 months.

Answers

2 answers

1. Jonljay, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention regarding your dehumidifier. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with waiting for information on your recall. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jonljay), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi jonljay!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to receive the information needed on a recalled product. We would like to try and assist you further by having one of our Sears Cares team contact you.

Please know that once our team responds I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back to your original post so that you may provide the requested contact information.

Thank you!

See More