Question

Where is the lightbulb located in a sears kenmore dryer model # 41780042990 and how do you change it?

The only thing I see in the parts diagram is a thermal light. Is this it?

Answers

3 answers

1. dalmations1130, with all the instructions to change the bulb I forgot the most important thing. Remember to unplug the dryer first.

2. This may be more complicated that it should be. When I look at the bulb the part that comes up is 131843500 which is the bulb with housing. To change this would require removing the front panel. Use a putty knife to relase the two clips holding the top panel. Remove two screws holding the front panel. Pull out and up on the panel to release it. The door switch wires will need to be disconnected. There is a tab to push in to release the housing. I hope this helps. Thank you for using mySearscommunity. The bulb does not screw in is does not seem to be avaialble without the housing.

3. Hi dalmations1130! Welcome to MySears! Glad you visited today with your question. The Appliance Experts will be able to let you know where the lightbulb is located.

An Expert will reply right here in a bit. Once he does, I will notify you via email so you can check out his response.

Thanks!