Question

Where’s my tv?

I really need my problem to be solved at a higher level. My scores don’t reflect Kyle, my cashier and sales associate, he was completely courteous the entire time. But here is my actual experience.
I was in the very front of the line waiting for the Door Buster deal at the Everett Sears that was scheduled to start at 8PM Thursday. I had been camped out since 11PM Wednesday. The 2 products I bought were the 50″ Toshiba for $300, and the 32″ Proscan for $97.
At 7:30 PM, the staff came out to write vouchers for items, which I received. After purchasing my 2 tv’s, I was told by Kyle that I can take my receipt to MPU after I’m done, and I could take them from there.
After shopping, I headed to MPU, where the associate went to retrieve my tv’s. Now while I was waiting, I recognized a lady who had been 4th in line, and a gentleman was also waiting for his Toshiba. The 1st problem was this gentleman, I knew he wasn’t one of the first 5 in line, but he stated that an associate in the store had written him a voucher for the Toshiba after he got into the store.
After about 30 min of waiting at MPU, the associate came back and told us that they didn’t have our orders. People had bought without a voucher. So the 3 of us were instructed to talk to our cashier.
We spoke to Kyle. He told us a manager was already on her way. Marina took about an hour to show up, and when Kyle explained things to her, she told him to offer us tvs he could find, and then disappeared. Kyle was able to exchange my 32″ Proscan purchase for a 32″ Toshiba. Then a different associate lead us to a 52″ Sharp, and asked us if this was a good exchange. The 3 of us accepted, and Kyle explained the ordering process, and we could have in-store pickup on 12/3. Marina came back to process the exchange, but she credited me, instead of doing the exchange. She failed to tell me why she was doing a return rather than an exchange. Then she disappeared again. (I later had her void the return, because I didn’t want to lose my proof of purchase.)
An associate came back and told Kyle, “Only the Seiki.” So Kyle showed us the Seiki, and we were not happy. Marina stated that the only 2 options she would give us, was the off-brand Seiki, or a $300 GIFT CARD REFUND. I didn’t understand the limit to my refund for a gift card that could only be used in the place that gave me extremely poor service. We tried to convey how we thought this ultimatum was unfair after we gave our time and followed the rules, only to be punished by not getting the product we paid for, and was PROMISED. Marina would not hear any of it, and just kept repeating her choices.
We demanded that we speak to someone higher than her, and she replied ,”There is no one higher than me.” We said that can’t be right, and we need to speak to someone over her, to which she walked away and returned with a Customer Solution number. The gentleman in our group asked if someone could have the display model (which I asked about in the beginning, and was declined) The display model was offered to me, since I had been the first in line, but I let the lady take it.
At the end of this, I had been at the store for 25 hours, and spent $300 on a tv that I didn’t receive. I will not accept a refund. I want my tv, brand new, or the 52” Sharp that was initially offered to me as an exchange for my inconvenience. Why would voucher only merchandise be on the sales floor unwatched and not maintained? Why is Marina in such a high position as a STORE MANAGER, when she lacks the most basic customer service skills, in a company that prides itself in customer service?

Answers

2 answers

1. Clark5637,

Please accept our apologies for the disappointing shopping experience you had in our store. We are very sorry for the chaos and inconvenience you encountered during your shopping trip. I can certainly understand your concern with receiving a satisfactory television after you have already paid for one. Please know we are truly dismayed to learn of the poor service you received and would like to speak with you in regards to this. We appreciate any feedback you would like to provide.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears, screen name (Clark5637) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Clark5637! Thanks for posting today. Check back on this thread soon for a reply from the SearsCares team. They will be happy to discuss the experience you had getting that Doorbuster TV with you.