Question

Which department do I call to lodge a complaint against Sears and their protection agreements?

Sears fraudulently sold us a protection agreement for our washer. Our washer was overflowing, so my husband called Sears to schedule a repair. While he was on the phone the representative suggested purchasing a service agreement for $239. The representative told my husband if the repair was less than $239, he could call and cancel the service agreement, but if the parts and labor are over $239, this is the best deal. When the repair tech came out to fix the washer, he found it was only a clogged drain hose which was $17 for the part and then it would be $75 for the service call. Well, while repairing the drain hose and running a cycle, the tech broke the pressure switch. He fessed up and told my husband that he broke it, but because we have a service agreement, he would just charge it to the plan. So instead of a $100 repair, we now have to keep the service agreement because the part and labor the tech broke puts us to well over $300! Clearly we were not happy so we called Sears about this issue because we should not be responsible for replacing and paying labor on a part we did not break. We have spoken to four different people. We have been put through every department imaginable. Our washer is still broken, the charges are still on our account and we have received NO resolution. Every rep my husband speaks to tells us they will investigate and then they tell him to call back tomorrow. We have spent hours on the phone with Sears. We have purchased ALL of our appliances from Sears, but as of right now we WILL never purchase a product from Sears or use their repair services again. It is consumer fraud to sell a customer a service agreement and then have a tech break a part on their equipment forcing them to keep a plan that wasn’t necessary to begin with. Finally, let me also add in that our washer is only three years of so the fact we are having problems with it to begin with is unacceptable. I want the name and number of an actual person I can speak to in order to get this issue resolved.

Answers

3 answers

1. Sears is just a sorry company, that's all they ever say, they're sorry. But you didn't get the name or number you wanted did you? I think Sears wants to go out of business. They treat customers terrible, other stores want our business, lets go anywhere besides Sears. I'll never shop there again.

2. Mes4234,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team.Thank you for posting your concerns regarding the repair of your washer. After reading your comments, I can see why you would be upset with the tech accidentally breaking a part and not receiving the calls back to you that you were expecting. We would be happy to call you and assist in making sure this situation is resolved as soon as possible.Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Mes4234) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Mes4234,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we can help provide contact information and to help resolve this issue. Your concerns are very important to us and we thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback with us.

I would like to put you in contact with our Sears Cares team to help you further so that a dedicated case manager can help in assisting with this issue.

Once a member from our team responds, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread for further contact.

Again we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention in the MySears Community.

Thank you!