Question

Who can help me preserve my sanity?

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed in the several interactions I have had with Sears Home Delivery over the last week. My mattress was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, July 21, 2013 between 10:15-12:15 p.m. We did not receive any calls from Sears as we waited all Saturday morning for the delivery. Finally, at 12:45, we called to check on it. Sears tells us, ‘Oh, you should have gotten a call. The truck broke down, so we won’t be able to deliver it today.” We were then told the delivery could not be rescheduled until 3 days later, on Tuesday, July 23. We were promised a $50 Sears Gift card sent via e-mail for the inconvenience. It has not yet been received and I’m pretty sure this was all to get us off the phone.

We received confirmation of the Tuesday delivery time (between 8:15-10:15 a.m.) last night. I received a call from the delivery truck around 9 a.m. that the truck was ‘running late’ although we were only slated to be the 2nd delivery of the day, and I let them know that I could stay until 11:00 a.m., but after that needed to leave for work (which I had taken half a day off from to receive the delivery). Needed to leave my 11:15 a.m. at the latest, so I did. Got a call from the truck at 11:45 a.m. that they were going to be to my address soon — let them know, sorry, I’m not home. On my way to work today I called Sears Home Delivery customer service to reschedule the delivery. They PROMISED me that they would reschedule my delivery for the next morning (Wednesday, June 24) as ‘the first delivery of the day.’ I requested off another half day off work, assuming that even if the the delivery was late, I should not have any problem. Now, after getting off work tonight at 11 p.m. I realize I did not receive a confirmation call from Sears for tomorrow’s delivery. I call and speak to a customer service rep who informs me that the individual I spoke to earlier in the day ‘didn’t input the delivery request correctly” for June 24, and NOW the next available time is Friday, June 26. I am writing this as a form of therapy/last ditch effort to try to get the mattress because at this point i have NO confidence in Sears delivering the mattress on Friday, either.

Answers

6 answers

1. Dear mgillikin,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the problems encountered with the delivery of your mattress. We also like to express our sincere apologies for not being contacted yet. Our research indicates that there was potential partial data lost due to server updates being done in the past 3 days, and were afraid that such information requested from you didn’t make it us. Please rest assure that our goal is to make sure that our customers are taken care of in a timely manner and we’ll do everything possible to make sure you’re taken care of. Please re-send the following information – contact #, screen name (mgillikin), your phone # used at time of purchase, and case number to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Dear mgillikin,

We are terribly sorry to hear of the unpleasant experience you have encountered with our delivery team and the delivery process that has taken place this far. It’s clear that we have caused some inconvenience and a great deal of frustration. We would like to speak with you about your experience to ensure the feedback that has been provided is reviewed by the appropriate parties and you receive a satisfactory resolution. At your soonest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (mgillikin), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we will have a personal case manager reach out and oversee the issue until its resolved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-MistyH

Hi Misty, I e-mailed you two days ago and no response yet...Also, still no mattress.

2. In response to SHC-MistyH

Hi mgillikin,

Thank you for providing us an update on this issue.

Your concerns today have been escalated to the SearsCares Team.

Thank you!

3. Hi there, mgillikin! Welcome to MySears! I am very sorry to hear about the hard time you are having receiving your mattress. The SearsCares team will be able to follow up on this order for you, and be your one point of contact throughout the delivery.

Please check back right here in a bit-a team member will reply shortly requesting more information so they can directly connect with you.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi Julie,

I emailed my information to the e-mail address posted above. No one has called or e-mailed me yet.