Question

Who can help resolve a delivery issue when the customer care center staff are ineffective (to be kind)?

I ordered a refrigerator and freezer in mid-December 2013. The online system gave me many dates to choose from (M-F), starting only a few days out, for a two week period. Chose a Friday before xmas, got confirmation email – all good. Went back online to change date to Fri Jan 3, system accepted that fine, new confirmation email. Then big snow storm on Thursday, deliveries cancelled by Sears, get new automated email from Sears saying bad weather caused cancellation and delivery is now reset to Fri Jan 10.

I take the day off, call the service center to find out arrival time (since I got no automated call with 2 hour window)and am told that there won’t be a delivery because the warehouse “doesn’t deliver to my area today”! I’m also told that I’m scheduled for an EXCHANGE of my appliances! WTF??? I spend 1.25 hours (!) on the phone (the first rep “disconnected” me when I started to ask hard questions) and end up with the supervisor calling the warehouse and then telling me that she has ***confirmed with the warehouse*** that I will have my delivery Saturday. I get the automated call indicating a 12:30 to 2:30 window and *cancel my plans for the day to wait*.

Saturday – No delivery and no phone call or email message. I call 45 mins after the promised time ends and spend another hour on the phone. Again I’m told that there was no delivery because the warehouse doesn’t have a delivery route for my area today and that there won’t be a delivery until Jan 24 – two weeks away, but they will take care of me by managing to make an “off route” delivery on the day before. I’m also told that I’m still(!) scheduled for an exchange, even though the other supervisor told me she was fixing that issue (it still lists that way online).

So far:

A vacation day had to be spent at home, based on the day Sears picked for the re-scheduled delivery, which they blew off without even telling me.

2.5 hours of time spent on the phone.

Weekend day wasted (and an hour moving furniture around to allow access for the delivery), based on a promised delivery that nobody had any intention on making good. Plans depending on the second refrigerator cancelled.

In my lifetime I have previously bought 3 refrigerators, a freezer, 2 dishwashers and a stove from Sears. I have a hard time imagining ever doing business here again – what an incredible level of incompetence and stupidity. I was enticed to by from Sears based partly on the easy range of delivery dates that were presented when the order was placed, but that just seems to be a fraudulent business practice. What is Sears going to do to make this good, and what compensation am I going to get for the incredible waste of my time?

Answers

4 answers

1. Sears will be very sorry. They will apologize multiple times. They may even offer you a $25 gift card to compensate you for your lost time (which shows what they think about the value of the customers' time)

You may be better off canceling the order, disputing any charges with your credit card company and purchasing from a company that values your time and patronage

1. In response to BigMike4511

I agree with Mike. You will not get any satisfaction with dealing with Sears Service. Unkept promises are the norm and all they do is offer lipservice to caring about their customers. Their actions do not follow and quite frankly they just don't care about their customers or if they show up for appointments.

2. Hi slate61,

Thank you for bringing your refrigerator delivery issue to our attention. My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. We're truly sorry to hear that you've had so many rescheduled deliveries for your new refrigerator and trouble speaking with our representatives who offer initial assistance. We'd like to look into your issue further and offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who can help resolve this difficult delivery situation with you. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (slate61) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi slate61! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry that you have had such a difficult time with your fridge delivery. I would like to to get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will do what they can to make this right for you.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will notify you via an email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!