Question

Who do I need to talk to about rescheduling my home delivery?

I stopped in to my local Sears on Tuesday to get a new washer. Since I have had a Sears Card since 2002, I figured I’d go with them. I’ve never had such a bad experience. I needed my washer delivered so I spoke with the associate, and he was kind and helped us get everything set up. Seeing as Wednesday was Christmas, our appointment was set for Thursday morning. My wife and I were happy, we headed home and went about our evening. My wife worked a double on Wednesday evening/night and came home and waited up on Thursday for the delivery. It never came. I called the local Sears, asked for home delivery from the automated system, and I spoke with a gentleman who assured me that my delivery was coming, and that I was the first stop. We were scheduled for 8:30-10:30 delivery. My first call was at 10:30. I called again at 11:30. I spoke with another gentleman who said I was the first stop, and that the delivery team was on their way to my house, and that I was, again, the first stop. I only live ten miles from the store, it shouldn’t take that long to get to my house. I called my wife back and gave her the news that it was on the way… I called her back at 2:00 pm and she said that it still wasn’t there. I again called the home delivery department, and they asked me if they could have my cell phone number to have the delivery team call me when they were close to my house. I had already asked for this service when I purchased the washer. I said ok, and gave them my number. They said that someone would be calling me soon. By now I was pretty frustrated. I got out of work at 3:00 pm and decided to stop by the store where I had purchased the washer, and speak with someone local about the issue. I spoke to the first associate that I came across. He informed me that they had lost power this morning and it had just been restored at noon. It was now after 3:00 pm. I said, ok, and asked him about when I would be getting my washer. He said that they were working on calling all of the customers and rescheduling the deliveries. in the three hours that the power had been restored, they hadn’t called me, or my wife. Both of our numbers were on the delivery information. I vented a bit of my frustration with the associate, and let him know that I’d be waiting for a call. I got home about twenty minutes later, and received a call from the same associate that I spoke with in the store. He was calling to let me know that my delivery wouldn’t be coming today. It was almost 4:00 pm at this time, I kind of figured that it wasn’t coming today. He said that they were working on rescheduling all of the missed appointments. Ok, so I was waiting for him to ask me when I could be home to have the washer delivered…but he never asked that. He just told me what he had already told me, that they wouldn’t be coming today, and that they were doing what they could to get my washer to me. He also said that if I needed anything to let him know. I told him that I needed to do some laundry. Silence. I told him that I was frustrated about not getting my merchandise, but also about not getting a call until so late in the day. He told me that I was the first person he called, since I was the first delivery scheduled. He again said that they were doing what they could, and said that someone would be calling me to reschedule. Ok, so after talking with my wife, I decided to call Home Delivery again to see when I could reschedule. I spoke with a lady who said that she would call the local store and see what she could find out. She said that The associate who had just spoken with me would be calling me back to reschedule. They never called. So here I am, Friday morning, no washer, no appointment, and very frustrated. I paid the $70 for home delivery, plus the extra $10 for haul away of my old washer. If I knew I wouldn’t have a washer this week I would have forgone the delivery and had a family member come over this weekend and help me put it in. I’ve been a week now with out being able to do any laundry, and I still have no idea when it will arrive. I am really rethinking my decision to go with Sears for my washer. There are other stores in my area who will deliver without a charge, but I chose to go with sears since I had been a customer for such a long time and always had a great experience. Where do I go from here?

Answers

7 answers

1. Hello JosephKeene,
    We thank you for letting us know about your delivery concerns. My name is Tony and I am part of the Sears Cares team. At this time, I am forwarding your information to your case manager for further assistance.
    Thank you,
    Tony
    MySears Community Moderator

2. We would like to first thank you for bringing your delivery concerns to our attention. My name is Tony and I am part of the Sears Cares team and I would like to let you know that I am forwarding this to your case manager for further assistance.
    Thank you,
    Tony

3. So, I canceled my order and had planned on going elsewhere to find a washer and give up on Sears. I got a call a member of the Customer Care Team (or something like that), and they said that if I purchased a washer with Sears that they would give me a discount on top of whatever sale the store was having. Because they wanted to keep my business, and keep me as a customer. I ended up purchasing a washer with a different Sears location and picked it up myself. Had a friend help me get it in and installed. No problem. I got a call back from the rep whom I had spoken with, but I wasn't able to answer the phone as I was in a meeting. She was nice enough to send me an email, and ask if I had made the purchase, and if I had, to reply with my case number and sales check number.

I forwarded the email to my wife who was home and she sent me back the sales check number. I forwarded it to the email address that I had received it from originally. I got no reply back, so I just waited.

A few days later, I got another call from the rep, and I happened to be in a meeting again. I got another email from her and replied back with the info she requested. I still got no response.

I figured that I'd call the number that she gave me in the email. I called and entered her extension. I was sent straight to voice mail. I left her a message with my phone number and asked her to call me back to close out my case. I got no call back.

I called again a couple days later. It rang this time and then went to voice mail. I left the same message, with my phone number. I got no call back.

I decided to email back the first email I got, for one last try. I emailed back the case number and sales check, and stated that I had emailed twice before and left two voice mails, and that I was trying one more time.

That was four days ago, still no response. Where do I go from here?

1. In response to JosephKeene

Hello JosephKeene,
      Thank you for providing us with the update on the washer. My name is Tony and I am part of the Sears Cares team and I would like to apologize for the delay in getting back with you. At this time, I am forwarding this information to your case manager for further assistance and contact.
      Thank you,
      Tony

4. Wow Joseph Keene, I just read that 90% of the the customers in Mount Vernon ME were without electricity on Thursday due to the severe ice storm. You must be one of the lucky ones!

5. JosephKeene,

We apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced with your washer delivery. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a dedicated case manager contact you directly to assist in addressing your delivery concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (JosephKeene) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.

6. Hi JosephKeene, welcome! I am very sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. I escalated your concerns to our Customer Care Team who can help you address these concerns further. Once the Team responds to you here, I will reach out to you by email to let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

See More