Question

who do I talk to to file a complaint above customer solutions dept?

I requested Sears Home Service to repair my refrigerator. It was not cooling enough. It has been 18 hot summer days since Sears sent their first technician. The issue still is not resolved. I was led to believe the heater is the only probhlem by the first technician. Then we made a recall after discovering nothing changed. The second technician came and found there is a part missing from the refrigerator. Then my case was put into part research dept for a whole week. Then they sent the third techinical for part verification. The third technician came and verified the missing part. In addition he identified the control board is also broken. I was put in contact with customer solutions dept a few times but it doesn’t look like the case is moving forward. I am making a post here and hope I can find some real help.

Answers

26 answers

• San Jose, CA

Three visits within an 18 day period is pretty fast service.

It sounds like the refrigerators are getting more complicated to fix, than the older ones were.

One action that will provide some more cool space for you would be the purchase of a mid-sized refrigerator, that is NOT frost-free.

The mechanism is simpler and chances are it won't break down before your main refrigerator gets finished being serviced.

Good luck.

1. Three visits that did not fix the problem is not fast service, it is poor and incompetent service. The idea that a customer with a problem should buy an additional refrigerator really has me shaking my head in disbelief. First of all, there is not room in many homes for a second appliance, and there is also the cost factor, which can be a real burden on many families.

1. Dear Huiyin000,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are terribly sorry to learn of the trouble you are experiencing with your refrigerator, and apologize for the delay in receiving the needed part to complete your repair. We’d be happy to look into this for you, and see what options we have to help get this situation corrected. Thank you for providing your previous case information. We have already forwarded your contact information to our Sears Cares team; a case manager should be following up with you shortly. We thank you for your patience, and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your quick reponse. I've talked to customer Solutions again this morning. I was expecting them calling me back as a representitative promised over the phone a 48-hour time window on June 27th to get this resolved. When I called again this morning, the representative I talked to tell me there is no record of that.So the customer solutions failed again to do what they promised.

So far I haven't got a call from the case manager yet. I will update again when I have anything new.

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

My husband and I are experiencing the same issue as Huiyin000,except the missing part. The 1st tech came on June 24,2013 saying it was the heater. 2nd tech came a week later claiming it was the control board. 3rd tech came first week in August because the refrigerator isn't cooling and freezer still has ice on back wall. Today, August 29,2013 our tenant calls and said it is still doing the same thing as before in June. We are beyond frustrated at this point. We have spent $500 and still have a fridge not working. To make matters worst, I have been told twice that a manager will contact me and they never call. The 1st time was after the second tech(July 2013) and we spent over $500. The 2nd time was today(Aug 29). I called at 5pm and was told a manager will call me in 2-3 hours. Well its almost 10pm and they haven't called. So I called customer relations once again and of course the only thing they said is to have another tech come. Honestly, we dont trust that the tech made a full diagnostic assessment or that they knew what they were doing.
      So now our tenant has to take off work for the third time. When they told me the soonest a tech could come was September 10,I went off. So after Sears has taken our money we still have a broken fridge and now can't be offered any other help. We wanted to keep our business with Sears But after this madness, we don't exactly trust Sears. I want to make my complaint to whomever is above Customer Relations. At this point we are ready to let the Attorney Gen office handle this and then go to Lowe's to buy a fridge. We wanted the money we already spent to be applied to a purchase but they laughed at me when I mentioned this. My husband said for them to come and take the parts out that we paid for because they are not doing what the tech claimed they would. Please help us!
      We need something done quickly,so our tenant isn't inconvenienced much longer.

3. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi ladybassene,

Thank you for giving us a chance to help in making this right for you!

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help you further with the issues you are experiencing.

If you can please continue to check back periodically one of our team members will be responding requesting additional information to assist you further.

Thank you!

4. In response to SHC-BrianS

After more rude executive office reps at 8472862500, I was given the wrong email address so I had to call back three time since I was on hold for 10 minutes and the rep hung up and never called me back(she had my number). Oh and she never put notes on account. So I email the executive level just for them to reply with an address to write corporate office. Are you serious!
      So I am on the way to Lowes because I expected to get help but Sears is just stealing money. I think they did it on purpose since they didn't do well this quarter. My renter needs a fridge asap. It is one of the most important parts to a home. Iwill be writing the Attorney Gen and hopefully it will go to court. We can't wait till Sept 10 for another tech to come by. If they couldn't fix it afterv3 tries, just surrender and do the right thing by the customer.
      Sears has lost me as a customer forever. I will spread the word and hopefully it will be on the news.

5. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear ladybassene, my name is Dianne and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At Sears we pride ourselves on making sure our valued members are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. This is not the type of service that our members deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We understand your frustration in this situation and would be more than happy to speak to you further on what has transpired and offer our assistance to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ladybassene) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      Dianne D.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

6. In response to SHC-BrianS

I sent the info you advised to the email address you posted on my comment. I never got a reply.

7. In response to SHC-BrianS

ladybassene,

My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We’re sorry that you have not been contacted. I do see that your contact info was received. We will forward this post to your case manager for contact. We apologize once again for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Thank you,
      David W.

8. In response to SHC-BrianS

Thank you David. This has been a very tough time for us. We dud have to buy another fridge unfortunately. We wanted to allow Sears the chance to do right before any other actions were taken. I look forward to hearing from someone. Hopefully soon

9. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear ladybassene,

In researching your case, I see that Michelle W. has been assigned as your Case Manager. She attempted to call yesterday and noted in your case that there was no answer. She did leave her contact information on your voice mail as well as the hours that she is in the office. She has also set a reminder to call today to discuss possible options to help resolve your refrigerator issue. We're truly sorry for the inconvenience and frustration with the service you've received and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Susan R.

10. In response to SHC-BrianS

Is there someone else that can assist me. Michelle called one time on Sept 12. I called her everyday since then and still no reply. I have left message after message. I'm beyond thinking that Sears can't help and thinking my husband and I need to do something more serious

11. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi ladybassene! Thanks for posting an update today. I am going to forward your comment along to the team. Look to hear from someone shortly.

12. In response to SHC-BrianS

Ladybassene, My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. We are very sorry to see that you are having such a difficult time receiving a response from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking to you. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

13. In response to SHC-BrianS

We have been trying to speak with our case worker for 2 weeks now. The two times she has called we missed the call unfortunately and when she does call its a 3 digit number on caller I'd that changes each time. I call everyday 5 times a day. I feel as like she is the one who should be reachable because she works for Sears. I think I'm going to just assume she can't help and do what we should have done 2 weeks ago.
      Im reaching out one last time. I will try a different avenue by Wednesday.

14. In response to SHC-BrianS

Thanks for this update, ladybassene! I am going to send along to your case manager. Keep us posted!

15. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear Ladybassene,

We apologize for the continued frustration. Our records do show that your issue has been assigned to a case manager, and that case manager has attempted to reach you multiple times at the contact number you provided. We will have your case manager follow up with you again tomorrow, and hopefully get this issue corrected.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

16. In response to SHC-BrianS

Brian. My case manager has called twice. I have called her more than 50 times with her not answering any. I'm not sure why she left her number if she can't be reached. My husband and I have allowed Sears a chance to correct this. This only adds to our frustration. It shouldn't take this long to talk with someone. If Michelle is too busy to answer 1 or 2 out of a dozen calls, then someone else that's not too busy needs to take this.. Unfortunately, If we don't hear from her, we will see what our legal right are because this is ridiculous. We paid Sears to do a job that wasn't done and then expected to wait weeks without a major appliance and then another 3 weeks to talk with someone. How do I contact Sears CEO.

17. In response to SHC-BrianS

And still no return call. My case manager says on her voicemail that she returns the call within 24 hours. She called a week ago and I have called everday leaving messages only to get no reply. Are you able to get another case worker for me or provide me with the Ceo information that I requested. This is only adding fuel to the fire. I think I will go ahead and make copies of all the communication(attempted phone calls and internet actions) between sears and I and submit it to the attorney general and I'm sure they will side with me since a relative runs that department. Thaknk you Brian for attempting to help me. Please let Michelle know I will remember to mention her name in her effortless way to assist me

18. In response to SHC-BrianS

So after waiting for 16 days someone from a different case worker calls and offers $100. They can't be serious. We spent over $506.17 not including us replacing the food our tenants lost($100). The call came 3 weeks too late. Yesterday I went ahead and filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney Gen. I also sent our story to the big news channels. Sears is wrong for this. They basically stole our money. I know they didn't do so well last quarter but not doing right by your customers does not fix that issue for you.

2. Hi huiyin000,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in the MySears Community!

That is quite a while to be going without an refrigerator, especially during the hot season in Ca. This can be quite frustrating for it is a major appliance needed in running a household.

We would love to help in getting your issues resolved!

I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares team. They will be able to look into this repair for you and help in anyway that they can.

If you can, please check back periodically for one of our team members will be responding soon. Additional information may be requested so that they can move forward on helping you with your case.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks for the fast response. I appreciate this channel of communication. I just got an email and a Customer Solutions Feedback Case 1518629 is just created. I don't know whether it is the result of this communication or not, but now I finally have a case number with Customer solutions.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

That is great news huiyin000!

Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any other issues or concerns that we can reach out to help you with!

Have a great day!

3. I have a Repair Proactive Solutions Case 1487756 for repair history

1. In response to huiyin000

Thank you for providing the additional information, this will help the SearsCares Team!

See More