Question

who is high enough in the chain in command to help me?

I’d like to begin my message with I bought a treadmill at Sears and the customer service person was fantastic. Unfortunately, the delivery afterwards is not so much. It all started past Saturday 7:00am, I received an automatic message saying that my delivery is not happening as the treadmill was not in stock in any warehouse. I immediately called the phone number provided to reschedule the appointment. The delivery person was unable to help me (even though she did offer a $100 gift certificate) so she transferred me to her manager, who tried his best to help. For my inconvenience, and since the treadmill was not in stock, he replaced / upgraded my treadmill to a more expensive model and rescheduled the delivery for this coming Saturday. However, because of the price difference between my original treadmill and the new one, he had to reduce the gift certificate from $100 to only $50. I was fine with that since he was able to upgrade my treadmill.
I later receive the $50 gift card during that weekend, everything was fine, until Monday morning, someone from the delivery department called and was trying to set up my delivery for the old treadmill, so I questioned him and let him know that I thought everything was taken care of during the past Saturday. He said the system was not updated yet and that I will have to wait for 24-48 hours from the original phone call for the system to be updated. It was well over 48 hours, and he said sometimes there’s a delay since it was the holiday season, and he guaranteed me that someone will be contacting me within an hour.
12 hours later, I contacted delivery again and let them know that no one called me, and they want me to wait till the morning.
Morning comes, I called delivery, and this time, they said they do not handle situations like this, and that I NEED to talk to the exchange department. I called exchange and they said I need to call the store because store needs to approve it. I contacted the store manager and he said I need to talk to delivery, even after I informed him that I spoke with delivery department already he still insist that I need to speak with delivery. By then, I gave delivery another try and guess what? They want me to call the exchange department again. The exchange department this time said they cant help me because this is not an equal dollar exchange and that I MUST contact the store. By now, I’m starting to see a pattern so I contacted customer service, who seems like she was really making some headway, until she put me on hold and someone else picked up the phone greeting me with “delivery”. I attempted customer service again and this time, the customer service lady said she cannot help me because the actual treadmill is not in my possession yet. Excuse me? I still paid and I’m still a customer, if customer service cannot help me, I don’t know who can.
I’m also am very frustrated with the entire process, so I would very much like you to let me know who can be held responsible and put on some big boys pants to solve my problem. All I wanted, is a confirmation of the CORRECT treadmill (the upgraded one, not the old one). Along with some compensations for my time wasted on calling phone calls and finding someone who can help me.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear Vmak,

We appreciate you telling us about this situation, and we’re sorry for the frustrations created with the delivery of the correct treadmill. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to look into this, and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you and assist in this matter. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Vmak), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, Vmak! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you have had such troubles receiving your treadmill. I know the SearsCares team will be able to get this resolved for you!

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they post a response, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

See More