Question

Who is in charge of the sinking ship?

When trying to return an item on day 90 of the return period the staff (including the manager) were either unable or unwilling to complete the return. “Customer service” has truly become an oxymoron at Sears. Does anyone wonder why the company is failing?

Answers

11 answers

1. There was another unintelligible voice mail from Sears regarding this matter. Nearly a month has passed since I began trying to get this matter resolved. What will it take?

Please respond by email, as telephone communication has proven ineffective. I prefer to have a written record of future communication.

Do I need to get State authorities involved? I believe your policy - as printed on the store receipt - gives customers some specific legal rights, and I further believe Sars is in violation of Law.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE VIA EMAIL!!

1. In response to farmerea

Hi farmerea! Thanks for posting your update. I have passed this along to your case manager to be in touch.

Thanks!

2. In response to farmerea

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Cares team. We appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. I am getting this to the attention of your case manager for assistance.
      Thank you,
      Tony
      MySears Community Moderator

2. farmerea,

We’re sorry for the trouble you experienced while trying to return an item to on of our stores. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. Our return period for items very depending on the type of item, however we would be happy to look into this with you and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (farmerea) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

OK - how many weeks will pass until I get that call?

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

Dear farmerea,

We are are sorry to hear that we are yet to resolve your issue with the cusotmer service experience, in searching your records we do see your case manager did attempt reach you on 02/01/14. We'll foward your information to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Mina H
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

3. In response to SHC-DavidW

I would have to say the "case manager" didn't try very hard to reach me. No sign of a call, no voice mail, no email. Nearly 36 more hours have passed since your last message above, and still no contact. Why don't you people just stop pretending your going to take some action and tell me to PlSS OFF - that's what you really are doing.

4. In response to SHC-DavidW

farmerea,

We're sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. We'll ensure your case manager receives your message.

Thanks,

Brian H.

5. In response to SHC-DavidW

Someone from Sears called my voice mail today, but I am unable to understand what was said. Please respond here.

6. In response to SHC-DavidW

Hello farmerea,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention regarding the voice mail communication failure. My name is Mina with Sears Social Media Support team. We’ll forward your information to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,

Mina H

3. Hi farmerea,

We appreciate you stopping in to share with us your feedback in regards to your return. I am so sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet your expectations and would like to see if we can help you further on this issue.

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team to make sure your needs are being met. Please know that once one of our team members responds I will be reaching out via email with a link back to your thread for contact.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!