Question

Why, at 7 PM, am I still waiting for a washing machine repair scheduled to take place no later than 5 PM?

Called on Monday. Was told that earliest appointment was today, Thursday. Husband took a day off work. Repairman still hasn’t shown. We have 3-year-old twins and three dogs and do 2-3 loads per DAY, especially now, when we are selling our house. Wondering why exactly we spent the $300 on the five-year protection plan. When our d/w (purchased at a local appliance chain) broke, they had someone here for free the very next day, and he was on time.

Answers

10 answers

1. Etencza – We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused with your washer repair. I understand how essential a washing machine is to the family home. We would be more than happy to connect you with a dedicated senior case manager who can research and offer assistance. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Etencza) phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com

Thank you,

Mario G.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

2. Hi Etencza,

Thank you for posting your concerns in the MySears Community!

We would really like to help in getting your appliance repaired and find out why your scheduled service is a no show today. This can be quite frustrating for a big household like yours whom relies on their appliances to meet their family needs.

I am sending this to our Sears Cares team who can help in finding out why this incident has occurred. Please check back for a response for they will be reaching out to help you to the best of their abilities.

Please let us know how this works out for you for we want to make sure that your needs have been met!

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I spoke with Customer Service and the dispatcher told them that the tech called our house at 7 and no one answered, so he cancelled the appointment. Since we were home at the time and since we had called multiple times to ensure the appointment was still on, I was not happy to hear this. (Or that the next available appointment was on the 28th.)

I spoke with the Escalations Department, which told me that a dispatcher will call tomorrow by 8 AM. If I can't have my washer fixed tomorrow by noon, I will call a local repair service and never buy anything else at Sears again in my life. I'm seriously bummed, as we received excellent service in the store when we bought the washer, the dryer, the fridge, the range, and I was under the impression that here was a place I could come back to as we continue to upgrade our appliances after we move.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

YIKES! What a mess! Thank you for updating us on the issue at hand.

I completely understand where you are coming from, I am however, surprised that they did not knock on your door to make sure no one was home before cancelling the appointment.

Please let us know if you receive this call as they intend, for we would really like to make sure you are being reached out to and having this situation taken care of.

Keep us posted on your 8 am phone call.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Our couch, where we were sitting and watching Backyardigans with the kids, is 18 inches from the front door. So no, he did not knock.

I will definitely post tomorrow regarding whether we hear from the dispatcher.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Okay, nobody called us, but when I called them, I was told that we were scheduled today between 1 - 5 PM. I told them no way; that was our time slot yesterday and we need this thing fixed by noon, or at least diagnosed by noon. Now we are scheduled between 9 - 12, with an ETA from 11:20 - 12:00.

If the guy shows, great. If he doesn't, we've already got another appointment with a local repairman who will be here between 2 - 5.

I am seriously bummed about this. My parents and my husband's parents always got all of their appliances at Sears and I was delighted to see that Sears now sells brands like Dacor and Fisher-Paykel. We were looking forward to upgrading all our appliances when we move, and Sears is conveniently located to our new neighborhood. I guess now we'll be taking our business to Hillmon Appliance, near Pittsburgh, instead, because at this point Sears has jerked us around so much and shown so little respect for our time that there's basically nothing they can do to make it right.

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Etencza – Again, we are truly sorry for the negative experience with your repair service and we would be delighted to speak with you directly to ensure your complete satisfaction. In order to assist you please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Etencza) phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com

Thank you,

Mario G.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Done.

My husband called local repair company, licensed to work on Kenmores. They gave us a window of 2-5 for this very day. It's 2:02 right now and I just got a call saying he'd be here in ten minutes.

7. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Aaaaaand the guy just left, 30 minutes later, and our washing machine is fixed. And now I'm about to go to Angie's List and give them a really stellar review.

8. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi,

Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that you were able to get your machine fixed even though not by Sears. Again I apologize for the negative experience you had encountered.

I wish you and your family well ;)

See More