Question

Why did I pay money for a Sears Protection Agreement?

My Kenmore front-load washer has ceased to turn on 3 times in the past 12 months. The “start” button simply stops working – no lights, no sounds, nothing. Each time I call Sears, spend hours on the phone, and get a “service appointment” scheduled 1 – 3 weeks out. They come, they fiddle with it, they leave. 3 months later, it breaks again. Today they called and cancelled our scheduled appointment for Friday. They offer a date IN FEBRUARY (2+ weeks later) to reschedule. That’s it. They won’t even cover your laundromat expenses until “the service technician has made his first attempt”. They won’t reimburse your Service Protection Agreement cost. They won’t replace it because it hasn’t broken down 4 times in 12 months (NOTE: perhaps that is why they are so slow to service…) Shameful. Where did the Sears I grow up with go? I no longer recognize this company.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello LandShark01,
    We appreciate you alerting us of the troubles that you are encountering with your washer. My name is Tony and I am part of the Sears Cares team. The aggravations that you feel with the troubles that you are having with the washer and getting service for it is absolutely understandable and we would like to step in and assist in getting this resolved to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (LandShark01), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Tony
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi LandShark01,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Your concerns are important to us on this issue and have been escalated to our Sears Cares team so that them may assist you further. This team will do what they can to help in making this right for you in the repair of your washer.

Once a response has posted I will reach out via email with a link for contact.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

See More