Question

Why do I always receive a reply to my complaint from a different person?

I would like to say that I’ve always been a shopper of Sears. I recently ordered a mechanics tool set and was going to pick it up from my small local Sears, and it didn’t say it wasn’t available when the order finished and charged my card. I received an e-mail a few minutes later telling me that it was not available at that Sears store and I could choose to reorder by calling customer service if I wanted to. I did just that, and the lady that I spoke with said she would be canceling the first order, with a full refund and an extra 5% off also. She then told me that my second order would be honored with the same price because I had a coupon and some reward points to use. I re-ordered thinking that my refund and extra 5% off would be issued to my card that day because it was early morning. I checked several times online to see if the refund ever posted, and it did not. I once again called customer service and was told that it would be 3-5 business days before the refunds posted. I was very upset because the amount I was charged was taken out twice, and I cannot afford to do that. I asked that they expedite the refund, but I was wasting my breath. I also e-mailed customer service to complain that I should have been told of the 3-5 business days it would take for the refund to post. I would not have ordered the set again if I had known this. I have no resolution to this situation and no extra % of anything refunded to me. I would like to speak to someone further because I feel like I need to return the tool set and not shop at Sears any more. It looks like many other people are having the same problem with customer service as I did.

Answers

4 answers

1. Dispute the charges with your card company. That is apparently the only way to get your money back from Sears. It seems that at the end of every quarter, they delay refunds. I wonder if that is to make the cash flow look better?

2. Yeah, Sears won't do anything for you. They'll say they are sorry and that's it. My advice is to cancel the whole thing and shop somewhere else, save yourself more pain and hassle.

3. Dear, lollie01

My name is Mina with Sears Social Media Support team. I would like to first give my sincere apology for your frustration, inconvenience and concern about your experience with Sears. We value your business very much and also know that your time is extremely important to you. We understand that you are disappointed that your credit has not been refunded for your tool set purchase. We would like to look into this issue further and speak with you regarding resolving it. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (lollie01), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks you,
    Mina
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

4. Hi there, lollie01! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry you are having such a hard time getting that refund. I am going to escalate your issue to SearsCares. They can look into this for you and ensure you receive your refund.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once you connect with them at the provided email address, you will be assigned a case manager as your one point of contact to get this resolved, which I think you will appreciate. As soon as a response is posted, I will send you an email to let you know.

Keep us posted on how things work out for you.

Thanks!

See More