Question

Why do the Sears circulars say “sears.com” on them if the offers inside are for in-store only?

I don’t see “in-store only” or something similar written in your weekly ads, but Sears.com customer service reps always insist they cannot help me with the ad offers because they are for in-store use only. I am not referring to a specific ad or offer, I am just speaking about my experience ever since I started using Sears.com. Usually, the ad offers are available online, but as soon I find one that isn’t I get the usual response that the circulars are only for the stores. If all the customer service reps are correct, then why not replace the “sears.com” on your circulars with “In-store only”?

Answers

2 answers

• San Jose, CA

Well. The blue recycled shopping bags, sold in the stores, say sears.com on them also.

It would be pretty difficult to carry out a virtual order of merchandise in such bags.

One often has to wait for a package to arrive in the mail.

So. I would surmise that the sears.com sales outlet is being mentioned in advertising more often than the Brick and Mortar sales/ pickup points are being advertised.

Ever seen them pharmacy signs in the parking lot of a Super Market that does NOT have a pharmacy?

Same kind of deal.

When you go into the stores, you can do browsing on free terminals, taking you to the sears.com sales site.

I've got some of the old red canvas CRAFTSMAN shopping bags.

Craftsman items can be purchased in the store, on sears.com, at Kmart, on Kmart.com, and at Orchard Supply Hardware and Ace Hardware stores. THAT'S a handy bag to own.

1. Hi Mit_1! Thanks so much for your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your suggestion clarifying the sales copy on the website. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this!