Question

Why does everything I order with Sears Outlet arrive damaged and unsafe?

Cooktop, looked great then when it was installed it immediately cracked. Took 3 months to replace the glass and it cracked again before even being used! Still waiting to hear when/ if they’ll take it back and refund me! Then today I got a delivery of an oven and a microwave, high end products, both in perfect condition when they left the store. Delivery guys wouldn’t wait for me to open boxes – should have known by the way they were handling the items! The oven had shattered glass and the microwave looked like it had been dropped from a great height – several times!!

Answers

12 answers

1. Mcb64, we are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your cooktop. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

2. mcb64,
    My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We’re terribly sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been experiencing with your cooktop purchase. It sounds like you have been through a lot of frustration trying to get this resolved. We would like to have a dedicated case manager contact you directly and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the cooktop was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (mcb64) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

Thanks, it's not just the cook top though! It's really a series of awful experiences with Sears Outlet and I have emailed you a full list. It all just culminated in my spending $2200.00 for a pile of broken appliances and my having to beg the local Sears Outlet store to come pick up because the broken glass posed a danger to my family. Searsoutlet.com were useless - "we'll get it picked up as soon as we are able to or by then end of the week". At least the Sherman Street store went above and beyond and got a guy who was on his day off to come and pick up the items at 7pm that same day they were delivered! Although, Sherman Street sold me the faulty cook top so I think they were feeling sorry and embarrased for me!

3. Hi mcb64,

Oh no! We appreciate you taking the time to share with us on the deliveries from one of our Sears Outlet stores.

I have reached out to our Sears Cares team to help with your refund and delivery issues. They will be able to help make this right for you.

If you can please check back periodically one of our members will be responding asking for a little bit more information. Once they receive this information a dedicated case manager will be reaching out to help you further.

Again, we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you. I think there's a number of problems with Sears delivery of products that are not in their original packaging. In my case the items were not packaged for transit. The oven was wrapped in cling film and loose pieces of cardboard. Both were placed in boxes too big that allowed for movement and damage. They were also not handled carefully by the delivery guys. I'm surprised, if this is the norm, that Sears Outlet ever make a sale!

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

This is the help/ reply I received from Sears!

"I understand that you have a catalogue of problems with Sears.
      From what I gather, you are requesting a refund for your range in which can not be granted because you are outside of your warranty period.
      Besides the range, can you please list specifically what you are requesting."

Please advise,
      Lori S.

I didn't have a range, it's a cooktop! The cooktop was delivered and installed by Sears on 5/20 and cracked on installation. The problem was reported to Sears by the installer and myself the same day. The installer couldn't understand what had happened and thought it must have had a stress fracture prior to install. It took the store and installer until 8/7 to install a replacement glass top - I think they were arguing over who was liable, in the end the installer took responsibility. The top was installed and looked fine. I didn't get to use it as I immediately went on vacation with my family. On my return on 8/18 I immediately saw it had cracked in exactly the same way and reported it to the store via phone message and follow up email on 8/19. The cook top clearly is a lemon and I want a full refund of it, the delivery and installation and the 5yr warranty. I don't understand how I can be out of warranty when Sears are at fault for taking an unreasonable amount of time to replace the glass AND I immediately contacted them immediately the second crack appeared wich in any case was just within the 3 month period from initial install!!!

Seriously, can I please get someone from Sears who can help? As for the other issues, what I'd really like is for the items I ordered (KitchenAid oven and KitchenAid convection oven/ microwave) to be delivered in the condition I purchased them and installed without any problems!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

mcb64,

We apologize once again for the troubles. If you would like to have a case manager look into this with you, we would need your contact information. Please send the information requested in our original reply to you and we will have a case manager contact you to assist.

Thank you,
      David W.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

With the utmost respect, I am fed up with apologies from Sears Outlet. It's the same wether I contact you through email, phone or this site. Lots of apologies but no actions and no follow through. I have sent the information you requested - if you would refer to my previous post, you'll see I shared the response given by Lori from Sears. Very frustrating!

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Mcb64,

We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize that this troubling situation is still on-going. We'd would love the chance to help, but do need you to email us at smadvisor@searshc.com with the following information - contact #, screen name (Richard), phone # used at time of purchase.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Mcb64,

We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize that this troubling situation is still on-going. We'd would love the chance to help, but do need you to email us at smadvisor@searshc.com with the following information - contact #, screen name (Mcb64), phone # used at time of purchase.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

7. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hmmm.............as previously mentioned I already emailed all the information on 8/21 to the email smadvisor@searshc.com. I have, however, re-sent it to you. This is very confusing - 2 replies to my complaint from 2 different departments. Who should I be dealing with? Thanks for another aplogy!

8. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello,

RE Case #1662572/Bailey

Please could someone actually read my complaints and resolve this matter for me? Brian, David, Wendy? My "Case Manager", Lori S doesn't bother replying and I guess her best offer for ALL my trouble was a paltry 15% off another cook top? Nothing for the oven or microwave!! In any case, I could get the products 15% cheaper at Lowes and, yes, I did try to get a price match but the customer service lady at Sear.com didn't know to do this!!! I think you can do better Sears. Can you let me know who I should really complain to other than Ed Lambert?