Question

Why does it take so long to get a repair completed. We are being told that we won’t have the part for our dryer until September 27, 2013 and we’ve already been without it for 2 weeks.

I was sold a service contract on a 8 year old dryer, and then told your part wont be in for over 2 months. So a 1/4 of the year with no dryer. Nice Service!

Answers

5 answers

• San Jose, CA

What is the long model number of your dryer?

1. the part i need is the control panel. PN 8558758, which is also referenced as 280086. I was told by Sears to try an find it myself because they can't do any better then Sept 27

1. Dear Osullsm,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We would like to apologize for that your repair has been pushed out over a month due to a back ordered part. We’d love the opportunity to look into this matter more thoroughly, and discuss what options we have to help until your repair is completed. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Osullsm), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Brian, after many back and forth calls I was told that i could try to find the part myself to see if I could get it any faster then the Sept 27th date. I just spent money on the service contract. What is the company's policy on reimburing me if i can get the part faster then 09/27.

2. Hi, osullsm! I am so glad you took the time to visit the MySears Community today to let us know about the problems you are having with your dryer repair. That does seem like a long time to receive a part. We can have the SearsCares team investigate this for you, if you would like.

Check back right here in a bit. A team member will respond shortly requesting more information.

Let us know how things go!

Thanks!