Question

Why does nobody care my property damage claim?

I ordered a washer from Sears.com and it was delivered and installed at my newly constructed home on 6/14/2013. Later, when I noticed that the washer hose was leaking and the water went through my 2nd floor and damaged both the tiles at the 2nd floor and the ceiling of the 1st Floor. I have called many times to Sears and was transferred to more than 10 different places, finally one guy came to my home to inspect the washer installation. He did admit that the problem was a defected water used by sears. He said he would report…However, I never hear back from anyone since then. I am disappointed with the level of customer service I’ve got so far, and I hope this issue can be solved through this community…

Answers

5 answers

1. dashan,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. I'm sorry to hear your washer leaked and casued some damage to your home. I can certainly understand your frustration and we'd be happy to make sure this situation is resolved to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (dashan) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we've caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianH

Hi Brian,

I have just sent an email to you at smadvisor@searshc.com with the information you requested. I hope to hear back from you soon!

Thanks,
      Dashan

• San Jose, CA

What is a "defected water"?

Was it either of the water supply hoses, with accompanying rubber washers?

Was the drain hose connected to a vent tube?

Was the drain hose leaking?

Was anyone at home while the water was leaking?

1. it was the rubber washer in the supply hose, which was broken and leaking.

2. Hi dashan! Glad to have you on the MySears Community today! I am sorry to hear you have has trouble with your washer installation. The SearsCares team will be happy to follow up on your report and get this resolved for you. Check back right here soon for a reply from them requesting more information.

Thank you!