Question

Why does Sears no longer have customer service when it comes to repairs? Why does no one care?

I have been trying to get my Kenmore Elite Washer Repaired. I have had the parts in my house for over a week, yet the repair service cannot manage to get any technician in my home to install it. Given their last date, I will be without a washing machine for well over a month. If this is Sears service, all my future purchases will be from somewhere else. Even after 4 phone calls and being on hold for a total of 3 hours waiting to speak to a supervisor, I never did. My reward was being hung up on twice. If they hoped I would go away, it worked. When my appliance warranties are done, they will not be renewed. My new french door refrigerator will come from somewhere else.

Answers

10 answers

1. I have sympathy for you. I will never purchase another product from Sears. I have been married 44 years, and thus far, every washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. has been purchased from Sears. The problem is with their repair service. I have a washer that has been repaired more in the short time I have had it than all my other machines combined. Last time, I had to wait for a tech, then wIt for the part and then for the tech. It was a month total. The machine is broken again. The start button does not start the machine. I guarantee, they won't have the part on the truck. I hear this over and over again from other people. NEVER BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM SEARS......YOU WAIT, AND WAIT FOR AN APPOINTMENT.....NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION!!!

1. In response to Neveragain82369

Hi Neveragain82369,

I am very sorry to hear that you continue to be having issues with your washer after multiple repairs. We really appreciate you bringing your issue to our attention so we can help you further.

Your concerns have been sent to our Sears Cares team so that they may look in to this issue for you. Once our team receives the requested contact information a dedicated case manager will be working with you until resolved.

Please know that I will be reaching out via email once a response has posted. This email will re-direct you back to your thread for further contact with our team.

Thank you!

2. In response to Neveragain82369

Dear Neveragain82369,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your washer repair issue. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the multiple problems you’ve been having with your washer, and for that we’re sorry. We’d like to assist you in this matter, and have a case manager contact you to make sure this issue is resolved once and for all. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Neveragain82369), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to Neveragain82369

Thank you, I will do that.

4. In response to Neveragain82369

I tried to get to that website. No avail. You have my email address. Please contact me and I will give you the info you need. I put in the link you gave me, but just another aggrication.

5. In response to Neveragain82369

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion! smadvisor@searshc.com is their contact email for you to send your information too.

Please keep us posted if the email is working correctly.

Thank you!

6. In response to Neveragain82369

Tried that. Did not work. If you need my email address or phone number, I will give it to you. My appointment is next week for the repair. A total of ten days wait. I know I will have to wait for them to order the part. It's very frustrating. 44 years of loyal buying from Sears, but I am sorry to say, I cannot put up with long wait for a repair. If you want people to buy your appliances or extended warranty you have to do better with your repair service. I need a refrigerator, but I a not buying it from Sears!!!

7. In response to Neveragain82369

Oh no!

Did you receive my email earlier, Moderator@searshc.com?

If so, please send the following information – contact #, your phone # used at time of purchase, and I can forward it on to the Sears Cares team for you.

Thank you!

2. Dear neveragain515151,

My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Escalations team. The customer service experience you've described is very disappointing to hear and we sincerely apologize for the multiple issues surrounding the repair of your washer. We completely understand how displeased you are with the service you have received so far but hope you will allow us to step in and make things right. We value you as a Sears customer. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated Case Manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn this experience around. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (neveragain515151), for reference to your issue, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi neveragain515151,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Thank you for reaching out and giving us a chance to help in making this right for you. I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they may help you further with this issue.

Please know that I will be sending an email once a response has posted by our team. This email will re-direct you back to your thread so that you may provide the contact information that they will be requesting.

Thank you!

See More