Question

Why does Sears provide the worst customer service I have ever seen?

I ordered an Item on 11/30/13. It was marked as shipped 12/4/13 and never given to UPS. I contacted Sears on 12/14/13 asking for information because it was for a Christmas present and I needed it right away. I was promised a email back within 24 hours. No response. I contact them again on 12/17/13 and ask for a duplicate order to be placed at the same price and they refuse to do this. A request a call back – they cannot do this. Then i get a random email a couple hours later cancelling my order and refunding me less than what I paid for the original item? Really? So no I have less money, no Christmas present, and have wasted over 2 hours of my of my life dealing with the most unhelpful people? I am looking for a reason to continue spending the $2,500 plus I spend at sears every year. Can someone please give me a reason?

Answers

13 answers

1. Dear Stevenswm,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry to hear that your most recent online shopping experience was such an unpleasant one, and apologize that your order was canceled. We know how important it is to get the proper refund, and we’d like to ensure that this happens in a timely manner for you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Stevenswm), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

I sent the requested information via email on 12/19/13 and still have not heard back. Do y'all have issues doing outgoing calls like the others do?

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Stevenswm,

We have not received your information at this time. We suggest that you resend the information to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to SHC-BrianS

Resent again. Order # is 593337303 if you can look it up and call back.

4. In response to SHC-BrianS

Another 2 days have passed with no response. Another example to add to my collection I see.

5. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi stevenswm! Thanks for letting us know. I have passed this comment along to your case manager. Look to hear from someone soon!

6. In response to SHC-BrianS

Thank you. I have received an email from the case manager. I will update the final resolution. Merry Christmas.

7. In response to SHC-BrianS

Glad to hear it, stevenswm! Please do keep us posted!

8. In response to SHC-BrianS

This is couple days belated due to travel. I received a gift card because of the issue. i will re-purchase the item (its in stock now) and have to pay ten dollars more than before, but at least I will have it for a belated gift to present. I am still unsure how if its in stock, they could not have shipped the original order in the first place, but I honestly wanted this over with. I also never received a phone call, only emails.

2. At least you received a refund. I placed an order 11/30/2013 and cancelled it 11/30/2013 and I have yet to receive a refund. Today is December 18th and I'm still waiting. I have never in my life seen a company take almost a month to refund money. I will NEVER order online from Sears again!

1. In response to PriceisRight1

Hi there,PriceisRight1!

Thanks for posting your question today. I am sorry to hear about your refund. The SearsCares team will be happy to follow up on this for you. A team member will reply right here shortly. Once they do, I will let you know via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted on the progress of your refund!

3. Hi there, stevenswm! Thanks so much for posting your experience today. I am sorry to hear you have had such trouble with your order. The SearsCares team will be happy to discuss this with you and do what they can to help.

A team member will visit shortly requesting more information from you. Once they respond, I will follow up with you via an email that will include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello,
      I have sent in requested information twice over the last week and still have not received a response.
      Help?