Question

Why DOes sears purchase seconds from the manufacturers and charge the customer as if it is top quality mechandise? i cant wait till everyone catches on to sears and sears goes out of business for good:)

paid 14 grand for a kitchen remodel and all i got was my cabinets refaced and a counter the wall needs painting or something, the sink leaked after they installed it, the fridge feed for water also leaked, i now know why they call it the (S)ears (h)ome (I)mprovement (T)eam, that is just what you get when you purchase anything from sears or have any home repairs or remodeling done, you get the first letter in all the words! KMA SEARS!!!

Answers

9 answers

• San Jose, CA

So. If a connection is leaking the item is a factory second?

Really?

I did NOT know that.

I would have gone with some teflon pipe tape and maybe tried a new compression sleeve on the water fitting.

1. No the labor they hire is second class at best!

2. as for factory seconds, everything i have purchased from sears for the last few years has always and i mean always broke or quit working after the warranty ran out. i bought a refrigerator the first day the handle fell off, did they send someone to install a new one? NO they sent me a new one to install myself so they can say i broke the warranty because i put the new handle on myself, they are full of BS and excuses. do your own research, most stuff they sell is not even in their company it's some background second hand company, guess that is why they charge so much, your going through two sales companies and good luck on getting parts, that is another joke of sears!

• San Jose, CA

Sounds like you got some concentrated DIY complications going on with your remodel job.

A lot of the described difficulties sound a LOT like Murphy's Law side effects.

I'm sure the Sears Cares folks will help your remodel job get back on track to being completed, with all of the detail work, like leaks, fixified.

Good luck.

1. alfmiser,
    We’re sorry to hear that your recent kitchen project did not meet your expectations. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like the opportunity to have a dedicated case manage discuss this situation with you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the home improvement project was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (alfmiser) you used to post on this site. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

I have had enough talks with your managers, sure do have a lot of managers, for somebody that supposedly does excellent work, i quit talking to your so called managers when the last one threatened me with legal action if i canceled before they started a job they promised would be done 3 to 5 weeks turned into 3 to 5 months, and i might add NOTHING was done according to your sneaky sales rep, who by the way didn't have the balls to come back as she stated she would! You want a phone number? sorry i have had my fill of sears and their lies as soon as this mess you made is paid for i am done with you and YOU and Sears can KMA!

2. Hi there, alfmiser! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear you are disappointed with your kitchen remodel. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team, if you would like to discuss this further. They are a great resource to give feedback to, and they will do what they to make sure you are satisfied.

Check back here in a bit for a reply from a team member.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

well you are proving me right so far, and who will i get transferred to after that person and this person and this guy that says that's not my job or my department? again i must decline you cant fix sub standard work, but thanks i have learned to next time do my home work and look around before i believe your sales rep! again Thanks For NOTHING:)

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

This goes on everyday with these toads at sears, its unbelievable whats happening there, I did not know that there was a college of apologies. All of sears ghost employees have a degree in this specialty. This is all they do, apologise, apologise apologise....OMGawd

See More