Question

Why does the date my items will be shipped to the store keep changing??? Is it that hard for you to be efficient with in-store orders????

I placed two orders very early in November to pick up in store and still haven’t received. Both were supposed to be in store at the latest early November but the date keeps getting pushed back. What gives? I would have paid for shipping instead of going through this hassle. No standards?

Answers

7 answers

1. There has been some discussion of this subject at the following thread on another 'Sears' site:
    http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/questions/305944-delivery-2-weeks

2. Upsetcustomer1000,

Please accept my apologies for my mistake! If you allow us the opportunity to look into this for you please provide the phone number you used when you made your purchase online.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Upsetcustomer1000,

We are truly sorry for the delay with your items. I certainly understand your concern with receiving the items you purchased in a reasonable amount of time. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and would like to look into this for you to find a satisfactory resolution.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (upsetcustomer1000) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

4. Hi UpsetCcustomer1000! We can have a SearsCares team member look into your order for you! Check back on this thread soon for a reply. They will do what they can to help.

5. Adam - The full details of what the merchant is supposed to do are given in the link above. Should the client fail to respond to the advice AND the delay is more than 30 days the order is SUPPOSED to be automatically cancelled and a full refund PROMPTLY given at the 30 day mark.
    Whilst 'I hear you' on the subject of the client not picking up the phone. That may or may not be true in this case. However, is it not also a possibility that the client has had previous experience with Sears customer service, or lack thereof, and is unwilling to repeat the ordeal?

• San Jose, CA

Maybe the customer did not pick up their PHONE. I hear the rate of customer phone response can really be poor.

I'm not sure if customer special orders include a contact eMail address.

That would be useful.

But, some customers are not happy when their over-due orders are flat-out cancelled.

• San Jose, CA

What kind of product did you order? Was any explanation given as to why the delivery date was being pushed back? If the store isn't receiving the inventory in a timely fashion, what makes you think paying for shipment would have helped the items come any sooner? The items are bought and paid for, with your name and order number on them, correct?