Question

Why doesn’t Sears have enough repair techs to provide the services advertised and expected from a company like Sears?

I bought a new washing machine from Sears in July, and it has been out of service since early October. The pump went out. We called for Service, the earliest they could get us scheduled was 10/22. The tech showed up WITHOUT the pump replacement, and was unable to catch the truck that had the part before that driver left for another appt. in another area. They drop shipped the part to us and it arrive 10/25. They have not been able to get us worked into the repair schedule until 11/5. The 800 number representatives are horrible customer service reps, and I’ve been in customer service for Fortune 500 companies for 25 years. Customers buy from Sears because they are THOUGHT to be trustworthy and dependable. Clearly, this is no longer the case with Sears. It is no wonder there are rumors flying that Sears will soon be out of business. If you don’t take care of your customers, you will NOT stay in business. I would prefer to have a brand new washing machine to replace the apparent “lemon” I purchased. Sears owes me that for the aggravation and stress I’ve been through for an entire month. Shame on you Sears! You are making a bad name for yourself in your industry. I have all the information you need in order to locate me in your system. Again, SHAME ON YOU, Sears…..for not having the staffing to provide the services you advertise!!

Answers

4 answers

1. Hello SEGACOMPLAIN,

We thank you for informing us about this matter. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to assist you with your washer concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (SEGACOMPLAIN), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

After almost one month without a washer it was finally repaired yesterday. This wait time is still unacceptable and I will likely not purchase the new dryer I need from Sears. It's sad that what was once one of the most reliable businesses in America is no longer able to maintain that reputation. Changes need to be made at Sears....or Sears will be out of business like so many other corporations that lost sight of the importance of reliable and speedy customer service.

2. In response to SHC-DianneD

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us, SEGACOMPLAINT. That was a long time to go without a washer, and I am glad to hear it is repaired.

Thanks again!

2. Hi there, SEGACOMPLAINT! Thank you for sharing your thoughts this morning with the MySears. I am so sorry to hear you are so disappointed with the service to your washer. I would like to get you in touch with the SearsCares team. They will be happy to discuss your concerns with you.

A team member will be by shortly requesting more information. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link right back to this thread.

Keep us posted on your conversations with the team.

Thanks!

See More