Question

Why doesn’t the Sears Service Department (repair techs) and the Sears Installation Department work together to resolve customer problems? I purchased a water heater and installation thru Sears just 5 months ago. No hot water now. I called service and the tech sent to my home said the thermostat needs replacing. However, the tech couldn’t do the repair because the installer placed a recirculation pipe too close to the thermostat- thus rendering it unserviceable. Instead of anyone at Sears taking ownership to resolve thie problem on my behalf, it’s been up to me to make a series of calls between service and installation to resolve the issues. And… each appointment requires me to take 4 hours off to accomodate the service tech or installers appointment window! This is the poor service I’ve received from Sears to make good on my defective water heater just 5 months old. What a run-around. Awful.

Answers

2 answers

1. Searscustomer22445,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your water heater. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed with the thermostat needing to be replaced. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (searscustomer22445), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi searscustomer22445,

I am sorry to hear that your 5 month old thermostat is needing replaced within your water heater! We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us in the MySears Community!

We would like to help you further by escalating this issue to our Sears Cares team. They will do what they can in helping to resolve this issue for you by assigning a dedicated case manager.

Once a response is provided I will be reaching out via email to let you know that a member of our Sears Cares team has posted.

Again, we thank you for giving us a chance in helping to make this right for you!

See More