Question

Why is customer service clueless about Sears sales events?

I have noticed a trend with Sears customer service. Sears will advertise a sales event on the front page of the website, but CS reps will be unaware of the details. For one sale, the rep told me the sale had expired, even though the front page had a date a few days away. Another time, I was told that the sale was for only one category, even though the front page listed several categories. My favorite is when they tell me that I need to go deal with the CS reps from Craftsman.com or ShopYourWay.com, even though the sale is stated on the Sears.com front page. Today, I was told I needed to have a minimum of $499 in purchases for this week’s Spring sale, even though the front page clearly states that the requirement is for mattresses (not every category). It is pathetic when customer service representatives are not able to read & understand the front page of their website.

Answers

4 answers

1. Hi Mit_1! Thanks for posting this feedback. I agree that does sound very frustrating. We are working extra hard to make sure miscommunications like this do not happen, and that the Customer Service folks are aware of any sales that are running on a day to day basis. Your sharing of this experience makes a huge impact and will help us to work on improving these systems.

I know a Case Manager has reached out to you on a previous thread you posted last week. She is a great resource for you to contact at any time if you are having trouble with an order or getting the correct sale price. I hope you will take a moment to connect with her. She is there to help.

Please let us know if you need further assistance!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

The case manager from the previous thread wants the phone number I used for the purchase. If she had taken the time to read my complaint, she would have realized that customer service left me hanging with a wrong number. In other words: I never completed the purchase. The same is true with the examples above, because I am forced to give up on a purchase when the CS rep starts spewing information that contradicts what is stated on the website.

I received good service when my local Sears was still around, so that's the only reason I'm attempting to like Sears.com. Unfortunately, the online side of the business does not function well, and seems even worse when compared to other online retailers.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Ah...I see. The case manager can help you either way-she can help you to complete that order and make sure you get the promised sale price on the order you are referring to above.

As we constantly are working on making the online process smoother, I hope you will take advantage of the SearsCares representative offer to address your individual concerns. She is here to help with any questions or issues you have had placing your orders, recently.

Let us know if you do end up connecting with her and how things turn out for you.

Thanks, again!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Very well. I will contact the provided email next time I have a problem.

For this week, it appears I am too late. A jack set (00950188) on sale in this week's ad would not add to my cart, and customer service seemed baffled as I was. Today, I see the webpage for it has been completely removed (again, CS rep seems confused). I guess that's the new way of saying, "Out of Stock".

Oh well, a friend helped me find another deal.