Question

Why is it acceptable to have so few technicians available that I am told that for a call on Oct. 9, 2013 for a refrigerator freezer that is not working the earliest appointment is November 4, 2013?

I tried to post this question last night. It is now Friday morning. My refrigerator is not cooling on either side now. I am a furloughed federal employee. I have been a Sears customer for over 30 years and have paid for service agreements most of that time. I have been told that a request was put in to call me if there is a cancellation. I have been on hold for over an hour this morning because I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. I am a most dissatisfied customer.

Answers

15 answers

1. Dear Ladyjust1,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry to hear that your refrigerator has stopped cooling, and apologize that the earliest repair appointment available is November 4th. We understand how important a working refrigerator is to the household, and would like to discuss some options we have to help. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Ladyjust1), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Brian,

I sent the information as directed, but no one has contacted me. When should I expect to be contacted?

ladyjust1

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi Ladyjust1,

We appreciate you coming back in and updating with us!

I have forwarded your concerns onto our Sears Cares team for you.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi ladyjust1,
      We have received your contact information and we do apologize for the delay. We can assure you that a case manager has been assigned and will be contacting you as soon as possible. Please expect a call Monday 10/14 from your case manager and hopefully a quick solution to this issue.
      Thank you,
      Brian J.

4. In response to SHC-BrianS

Good morning Brian,

It is 11:23 am on Monday, and no one has contacted me. My efforts to save the food I had to remove from the refrigerator that quit cooling entirely last week have been moderately successful. However, I will be afraid to use this food after so much time in coolers. When is someone going to contact me? This is getting to be expensive. I am a furloughed federal employee. This failure to honor your service agreement promptly is creating an additional hardship for my family.
      Still waiting for Sears and unhappy,
      ladyjust1

5. In response to SHC-BrianS

Brian,

It is ladyjust1 again. It is 6:25 pm EDT and no one contacted me today about my refrigerator as you indicated. Even your escalation system seems not to be reliable. I am disappointed in your team's lack of response. How hard is it to send someone out to repair a refrigerator? My husband is an insulin-dependent diabetic. Your lack of response is a very serious matter for our family!

ladyjust1

6. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear Ladyjust1,

We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize for the delay in being contacted. Your issue has been assigned to a case manager, and they should be in contact in the morning.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

7. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear Brian S,

It is 1:17 pm EDT and still no word from the case manager.

Ladyjust1

8. In response to SHC-BrianS

Brian,

It is 5:31 pm EDT on Tuesday Oct. 15th. The case manager has not contacted me. How do I file for reimbursement for lost food? My side-by-side freezer on the refrigerator has not worked in one week. The refrigerator has not cooled properly in 6 days. I was able to put some things in a cooler, but it would be dangerous to try to eat them now. As a furloughed fed, I won't be getting a paycheck again until after Congress resolves the shutdown. Your failure to address my problem in a prompt manner is really making my situation much worse.

Ladyjust1

9. In response to SHC-BrianS

Brian,

Your mythical case manager has yet to communicate with me. I called your 1-800-549-4505 late this afternoon. Even though I was specific with the appointment people on Oct 10 and 11 that my refrigerator was not cooling. She said the system showed there was just a leak. Not true!!! It is not cooling at all!!! Someone needs to call me tomorrow and get this worked out. Your treatment is unconscionable for all the money we have paid over the years to have Sears Repair Service. I have NEVER BEEN SO EXASPERATED IN MY LIFE WITH A COMPANY. I AM USUALLY A VERY CALM AND PATIENT PERSON, BUT YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED MY PATIENCE.

FURIOUS IN FORT WASHINGTON,
      LADYJUST1

10. In response to SHC-BrianS

ladyjust1,
      We do apologize that you’ve not spoken to your case manager directly. We do see that our case manager has tried to reach you by phone and has sent you an email as well. We also see that our case manager did get a message you left but was not able to reach you to reply. We will forward your post to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      David W.

11. In response to SHC-BrianS

David,

There was no email from a case manager. If this person attempted to call, they did not leave a voicemail and they definitely did not call my cell phone. Your customer care system appears to be broken like my refrigerator.

ladyjust1

12. In response to SHC-BrianS

Ladyjust1, we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention regarding the delay in contact from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

13. In response to SHC-BrianS

Liz R,

I hate to tell you, but your case manager is failing at his job. He still has made no attempt to reach me. I called the 1-800 number today to ask to speak to a supervisor. I was told there was no supervisor available, but my number would be given to the supervisor to call me back. The supervisor never called! Do you have any employees who follow through as promised? I need someone to actually do something, not just make empty promises. I was told that my refrigerator repair was now categorized as an emergency, but I still have had no one offer any options to get me help immediately.

I am glad that the federal government is open again. Perhaps one of the consumer agencies will take an interest in your pattern of failing to provide service.

ladyjust1

2. Hi there, ladyjust1! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to to hear your freezer is not working. That is a long time to wait for an appointment-I can understand your frustration. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team to see if they can help get this expedited for you.

A team member will reply right here in a bit. Once they do, I will let you know via email so you connect with them.

Thanks!

See More