Question

Why is it so hard to use the shop your way points when you want to use them (before they expire) and save some of them for a later purchase? I’ve tried it twice & they end up using all of them instead of just the ones that are closest to expiring?!?

Answers

11 answers

• San Jose, CA

I've heard various store sales people express "concern" about the Pads and Helds not seeming to recognize SYWR points.

The good news is, the registers are not gone, yet.

1. Both times that I have been "robbed" of all my points I have done that - last night I had $10.00 in points to use that would expire soon based on a special event where I earned extra points. With the new registers, you can't see what is being rung up or the itemized receipt. I told the cashier. When I got home and looked at my e-receipt he had used all of my points. The last time this happened the cashier couldn't figure out how to just use a portion. It is very frustrating. Maybe I just have bad luck choosing a register with trained or attentive staff.
    AdamO- I totally understand the purpose of the point system. I prefer to accumulate points - knowing that they expire - and use a larger amount of points on a large purchase of tires, lawn equipment, tools, or other big ticket items. Thanks for your input.

1. In response to Debw2kids

Oh no! I completely understand how frustrating this can be having experienced it myself.

I do know, as well as checking again with SYWR.com representatives, that they can apply a certain amount of points towards your purchase upon request. As you had mentioned, maybe not all staff members are trained to do so.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused and if you would like to contact support on this matter to see if they can help you further, you can phone or email with the information listed below.

8 AM-11 PM CST, 7 days a week, except for certain holidays
      support@shopyourway.com

Again, we thank you for sharing your SYWR experience with us!

2. In response to Debw2kids

Thanks, I will give that a try.

2. Hi Debw2kids,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us in regards to the SYWR points!

For in-store purchases, if you know the amount of reward points that you would like to use (points that are available for a shorter period of time which are offered via email or during special events), let the cashier know beforehand and only those points will be deducted from your SYWR account.

Keep in mind that the cashier is not able to view your account, so you will need to know how many points you have expiring before in-store purchasing.

As for online purchasing, unfortunately if using SYWR points, all points will be used during your online experience if you choose to redeem your SYWR points.

I hope this helps for your next purchase!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns that we can help you with.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I tried this... See my response above...

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

"As for online purchasing, unfortunately if using SYWR points, all points will be used during your online experience if you choose to redeem your SYWR points."

What do you mean by this? For online purchasing, I can adjust the value to redeem as little as 10 points ($.01).

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

If the items are in stock at a store near you, you might want to try buying online and picking them up for free at the store.

The final checkout page (with the payment info) on the website allows you to adjust the amount of point you want to redeem.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Replied to the wrong person before:

If the items are in stock at a store near you, you might want to try buying online and picking them up for free at the store.

The final checkout page (with the payment info) on the website allows you to adjust the amount of point you want to redeem.

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Looks like I can't reply to "Debw2kids"

• San Jose, CA

Unlike a bank that encourages people to "save up" for a rainy day and allowing them to use your money for investing, I believe most retailers, including Sears, really wants customers to buy, buy, BUY stuff.

This Rewards Points system seems to use points that can "go away", creating a sense of shopping urgency, so the retailer can make money.

I've pretty much used my accumulated points to "reduce the perceived cost" of what I am presently buying at the register.

Why save something that has a proven track record of "going away"?