Question

Why is it that SEARS.COM doesn’t stand behind the third party sales they take through their website?

I bought a toner cartridge, apparantly through a third party through SEARS.COM, last year. I didn’t need to install it until this month. When I installed it, it didn’t work. I spent an hour on the CUSTOMER SERVICE CHAT with “ROGER” and what finally came about is: “Roger: Keith, if you had contacted within the return period, we would have definitely helped you with the return. As it is more than an year from the date of purchase. We are unable to help you.”
So, SEARS.COM doesn’t want to help me. I then tried to contact the “third party” seller and their response was the same. SORRY! Well, yes I am sorry. Sorry I ever bought anything through SEARS.COM. I will tell all my readers and business associates to never ever ever ever ever ever buy anything from SEARS.COM as they DON’T stand behind the products they sell on their website.
Goodbye SEARS!

Answers

11 answers

1. UPDATE. Sears and I have come to an agreement that is satisfactory to all. Unlike the third party seller. Thank you Sears for standing behind what you sell.

1. In response to jollyroger2055

That is great news!

We appreciate you coming back into the Community to share with us!

• San Jose, CA

Good luck on those unadvertised forever warranties you feel entitled to using other retailers.

You might try contacting the "3rd party" selling on the sears.com site and see how they feel about supporting their product - forever.

2. Well, it seems that this problem has been lost in cyberspace somewhere at SEARS headquarters. Still waiting for anything.

1. In response to jollyroger2055

Did you contact the SearsCares team member at the below contact information, jollyroger2055? Brian would be happy to discuss the issues you had!

Let us know if you have sent an email. If you have, I will follow up with Brian to make sure he connects with you.

Thanks!

2. In response to jollyroger2055

Yes, SHC-JulieK
      I contacted them on June 3rd. NOTHING!!!

3. In response to jollyroger2055

Still waiting for anything!!!!!!

4. In response to jollyroger2055

Jollyroger2055,

We are sorry for the continued frustration. We have forwarded this to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Brian S.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. OVER A YEAR AGO?!? I've never heard of a store that exchanges bad toner cartridges for new ones, especially after a year. If you find such a store, let the rest of know!

4. jollyroger2055,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. I'm sorry to hear the toner cartridge you purchased through our website ended up not working for you. I can certainly understand your frustration with having paid for a product but then experience difficulty in returning it. While third party vendors do have their own policies, we'd be happy to speak with you and assist in resolving this any way we can. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jollyroger2055) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

5. Welcome, jollyroger2055! Thanks for sharing this experience with us. I am sorry you had such a hard time with that return. I have sent your complaint on to the SearsCares team. They will reach out right here on this thread to assist. Check back soon for a reply.