Question

Why is my delivering postponed so much?

The first delivery attempt the delivery man said it required a seven man crew. The second delivery attempt the delivery people just called and said they would not take liability. So we contacted where we got the refrigerator and the salesman came out to our house and saw that it was a pretty easy delivery. All it required was taking the doors off. Now we are being told there is a manufacturers delay and cannot keep our current delivery date. This means that our refrigerator was given to someone else. I have called sears customer service and was hung up on when asked to speak to a manager. Once I got a manager he acted like it was no big deal that a big customer (I just bought a washer and dryer) is being screwed over. What do I need to do to get my refrigerator? Do I need to call a news channel? Do I need to get an attorney? Because right now it seems the only people that care is the sales team and they are doing what they can. However the people who can do something do not care and treat us like we do not care. We are about to go past three weeks since we bought the refrigerator. Sadly we were a cash customer and still treated like ****.

Answers

7 answers

• San Jose, CA

It sounds as if your order involves a special manufacturer's model or set of features that neither your store or a near by warehouse carries.

The manufacturer's delay is the key phrase, indicating that you are waiting on the Manufacturer of the item and not the store or delivery folks to get the fridge out to you.

I am not sure why seven people would be needed to deliver an appliance.

How "big" is your ordered item?

1. It is the second biggest refrigerator they make. We have an island that limits the space to get to where we keep it. They attempted once so I know that our refrigerator is ready and available but they gave it to another customer. I have had to contact the sales man who is doing everything he can to help. However, delivery does not want to deliver to us even though all they have to do is take the doors off the refridgerator and it will fit. Whatever you do do not call customer service as I got hung up on.

1. Dear lilmizsavage,

We are terribly sorry for the confusion surrounding the delivery of your refrigerator and for the inconvenience with rescheduling the expected delivery date. We understand the frustrations you are expressing with this situation. We would like to offer our assistance with this issue, to see how we can get this resolved as soon as possible. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (lilmizsavage), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and a personal case manager will be in touch. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,

Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Oh no! I am sorry that you are having so many issues in getting your appliance delivered lilmizsavage as well as poor customer support!

I would like to help you further by having one of our SearsCares team members contact you to help in getting this issue resolved.They will be able to look at your account and help in getting this appliance delivered to you as well as providing you with a case manager.

If possible, please check back periodically for one of our team members to respond. Once they respond they will be requesting a little bit more information from you so that they can help further.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I hope they can contact me before Tuesday because I need my appliance by then. I was promised my appliance Tuesday June 18 and should not have to wait for a manufacturers delay as the delivery man was out here with it once so I know there is no delay. This is how companies lose customers and I am ready to bring this to the media if need be so please be prompt. I refuse to contact the 1-800 number as they do not care about the customer.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi lilmizsavage,

Thank you for waiting patiently and we understand the urgency to get your appliance delivered as soon as possible.

I have updated and escalated your concerns to our SearsCares team.

Please continue to check back periodically for a response.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you! By the way I think delivery owes a big thank you to the sales team as they are the only reason we are dealing with this nightmare. So sales team fantastic but delivery a nightmare.