Question

Why is the regular price for some “Hot Buy” items hidden from everyone?

For some “Hot Buy” items on the website, customer service has been unable to find the regular price. They usually tell me to “trust” them when they say that the item has been hugely discounted. Some go as far as telling me that the manufacturer has prohibited them from advertising the regular price. That seems especially odd for Craftsman products, because Sears owns the brand. How is the customer supposed to know how much they are saving for a “Hot Buy” when there is no mention of the regular price, or even the total savings in the shopping cart? Here’s one example: “Hot Buy” Item# 00936097000, Craftsman C3 Mechanics Drill and Impact Wrench Combo Kit $199.99 (as of July 10th).

Answers

7 answers

1. Hi Mit_1!

Thank you for providing us your feedback on the status of the "Hot Buy" it is greatly appreciated!

If you can please check back periodically I will check to see on our end if we can get your question answered for you.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Nothing but crickets chirping.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Mit_1!

We have not forgot you! Julie and I are still diligently working on getting you an answer.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Three weeks later, even the crickets have packed up and left.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hey Mit_! That particular item had substantial savings, and was therefore marked in error as a hot buy that week. They did remove that tag once you brought it to our attention. Thanks for pointing it out!

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you for the explanation, but that was just an example. I was actually wondering about the website as a whole:

Tools - 00933207000
      Lawn & Garden - 07169605000
      Appliances - 02623142000

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I see that they removed the "Hot Buy" label from the garden hose, the washer now has a hidden sale price, and the tool set is still missing a regular price. So, I guess this is a problem that gets fixed one item at a time as a customer points it out.

See More