Question

Why is the sears customer service process so broken?

I bought a washer and dryer combo on Nov 27 from sears.com, but had to return the dryer on the Dec 1, as I needed a gas one not an electric one. I continued calling for a replacement gas dryer, it took about three weeks of calling just to get a gas dryer (which was a new order so i had to pay full price for it). When I called to ask about my refund for the electric one they told me it wouldn’t occur til the 23rd. And just today they realized there was an error on their end and that’s why the refund process hasn’t started, so it’ll be another 7 to 10 days before I get my money. One of the worst experiences I have ever had buying an appliance. Never going to sears again.

Answers

2 answers

1. tashdid,
    My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry about the troubles you’ve experienced with the refund on the dryer. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed over what has occurred with getting your order refunded in a timely manner. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this situation and ensure that your concerns are addressed. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (tashdid), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.
    Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi tashdid! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you have not received that refund. I have sent your concern on to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They can look into this for you and make sure you are taken care of.

A team member will be by soon to help. Once they respond, I will reach out to you via an email which includes a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

See More