Question

Why Such Apathetic Service?

My wife and I recently purchased a microwave, and paid for somewhat longer-distance delivery. The sales clerk was very unsure of whether it would be deliverable, and offered no sure way to confirm this, other than “I think so,” and “Let’s hope.” That left us with little confidence in Sears. Then we wait for the delivery the following week. We were called (by the delivery company, not by Sears) and told the microwave had just come in, and it would be delayed by another week. Today, the delivery company showed up at the Sears store, and was told the microwave had been picked up five days prior. Sears didn’t know by whom. The delivery people tried to get more info. NObody called me back, even though I took time off work. I called a delivery number, and SHE called Sears. Then a sales clerk called me and repeated the info: they didn’t know who picked it up (and why would they release it to someone, when the transaction showed we payed a huge amount for delivery?). I asked to speak to a manager. No one has yet called me back. I’m fed up. I want my money back…and I’m not about to call some 800 number. I want the Manager to do it. I’ve wasted enough time from work, spent enough frustration, and will opt for much better service locally. I’ve always heard about Sears’ poor reputation for customer service, but was willing to give them a chance. They’ve lived up to their reputation, lost what could have been good revenue, and will certainly bear the brunt of this through bad word of mouth in soical media. NO excuse for their uncaring service and apathetic business ethic.

Answers

3 answers

1. Quillpoint, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with what has occurred with you microwave delivery. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (quillpoint), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, quillpoint! I am sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with that microwave delivery. I am going to pass this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, who can look into what happened to your order along with handling a refund, if you choose to go that route.

A team member will reply here shortly. One they do, I will notify you via email with a link back to this thread. The team will request contact information so they can directly worth with you on a resolution.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you, SHC-JulieK,

I appreciate your quick response. Someone did indeed get back to me, and while I appreciate this, I wonder why it takes an escalation team to get a response that should be part of normal, good customer service. I have to wonder if I would have gotten any return call if you had not intervened. I tend to doubt it. The world is highly competitive, and such lackluster service no longer cuts it. I'm not vindictive by nature, but I can't afford to waste the amount of time and frustration spent here, when I can find better options elsewhere. Had the personnel tried a little harder--or even acted like they cared at all--we might very well have been loyal customers over a long time. But no one has time for this kind of frustration any more. Sears may have been "IT" at one time, but that day is long gone. Let's just hope they recognize the good work of caring folks like yourself, and swap out the old school belief of just "selling stuff" without a care about the customer. Then they MIGHT just see an uptick in shopper loyalty. Thanks for addressing this issue, and best of luck in your difficult position.

See More