Question

Why wont my fridge work? how do I file claim for spoiled food?Getting no where with sears.FED UP!!!!!

My Kenmore Elite model# 79572053111 had stopped working and get an error message on the front ER RF. Called sears and they had parts delivered to my house to fix. Tech came out Oct 16th to repair. Repaired and left. Later that day same error message came back. Called sears again and they said a tech would be back on the 17th of Oct from 1-5pm. I waited but he never showed up. My wife called sears that evening and told them what happened and that she had to be at work the next day but they echeduled the tech to come out on the 18th from 1-5pm but would give my wife a half hour window so she could get there. She was there from 1:05 until evening and no one showed up. Called sears again and they said tech showed up but no one was home.Called sears this morning and the soonest they can send someone out is Wednesday Oct 23rd. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! I have spoiled food again and am getting nowhere with sears.How do I file claim for lost food? Why does it take so long to send a tech for work under protection agreement?

Answers

13 answers

1. Dear Ladder34me,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry to hear that your refrigerator has failed you, and apologize for the manner in which your repair has been handled thus far. We agree that the poor communication on our end is unacceptable, and understand that the loss of food is very upsetting. We would like the chance to work with you to get this issue corrected in a timely manner, and ensure your satisfaction moving forward with the unit. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Ladder34me), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

We've encountered the same thing, A technician has been out 3 times and recently replaced a fan motor but within hours the unit stopped working and the error message appeared again. We've had food ruined 3 times and have been without a refrigerator for weeks, not to mention it is only a year old and when the first tech visit occurred it was under warranty but they refused to honor it so charges are incurred each time. Investigations look like the electronic panel's are faulty but nobody at Sears seems to care.... Good Luck!

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi suejugan,

Thank you for reaching out to us today on this issue! I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with the repairs of your refrigerator.

To help you further I have escalated your concerns to our Sears cares team to help in assisting.

Once our team responds I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back so that you may provide the requested contact information to be assisted further.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-BrianS

Suejugan,
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We truly apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your refrigerator. We certainly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with the multiple repairs. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (suejugan), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com to ensure this matter is met to your satisfaction. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

4. In response to SHC-BrianS

A technician was out today for the 4th time and the refridgerator is still not working. This has been months and hundreds of dollars and still no working unit. My phone number is 2**-4**-1***. I was told tonight on my call that if I had a protection plan they would replace the refridgerator however I have been denied the offer each time I've tried because there has always been a pending technician visit. My first call tomorrow morning is to my lawyer.

5. In response to SHC-BrianS

HI SueJugan,

We appreciate you providing an update on your status. I have forwarded your phone number and concerns to our Sears Cares team for contact.

Please note that for your security we have removed your phone number.

Thank you!

6. In response to SHC-BrianS

suejugan,

We definitely understand your frustrations with the service regarding your refrigerator.My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to assist you further and do our best to meet your service expectations. At this time we will forward your contact information and ensure that a dedicated case manager reach out to provide additional assistance.

Thank you,
      Kurt M..

7. In response to SHC-BrianS

I spent hours on the phone today with Customer Solutions and the frustration continues. Someone named Justin assured me this was being sent to escalations and a technician would be out within the next 2 days. A later conversation confirmed that it was all untrue and he just wanted to get me off the phone. Apparently so since nobody has done anything to help. The latest suggestion was to contact LG directly and deal with it myself. I will do that as soon as I am done throwing away another round of wasted food.

8. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear suejugan,

Thank you for posting about this situation. We’re sorry to hear about that your refrigerator is yet to be repair. We have contacted your case manager and forwarded this information for attention.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

9. In response to SHC-BrianS

Still nothing towards resolution. I received a call from the Executive department assuring me they would get another tech out and follow up with details. No follow up, no appointment scheduled and still no working refrigerator. Why am I not surprised?

10. In response to SHC-BrianS

Dear Suejugan,

We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize for the delay in finding a resolution for this situation. We have forwarded this new information to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

11. In response to SHC-BrianS

After numerous promises to escalate my case I've lost faith in anyone at Sears to assist me. It is now over 2 months since our Kenmore Elite refridgerator stopped working from an issue that began under warranty. I make numeorus phone calls weekly and get no assistance. Who is the so called "Case Worker" that is supposed to be engaged? I've recently gone elsewhere for thousands of dollars worth of merchandise I could have purchased at Sears as well as destroying my Sears credit card. ”

2. Hi ladder34m3,

We appreciate you taking the time to join us in the MySears Community and informing us of this issue that you have experience.

We would like to help in making this right for you by having a member of our Sears Care team reach out to offer their assistance in helping to resolve. Once our ream responds I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back to this thread so that you can continue to make contact with our Sears Cares team.

Again, we appreciate you reaching out to us today!

See More