Question

Why won’t Sears take responsibility for improperly installing hardwood floors?

My parents had harwood floors installed by Sears in July 2012. They are senior citizens and paid more than $15,000 for the wood floors and the installation. Now, one year later, all of the floors are cupping. After five calls to Sears, I’m told that the 1 year warranty on the labor has expired and my parents will be responsible for all labor costs to replace the floors, as well as a $100 service call fee to inspect the damaged floors. I can’t believe Sears would take advantage of my elderly parents. I obtained an estimate from a flooring contractor who advised me that the labor costs to replace the floors would be at least $6000. I can’t belive that after investing $15,000 for wood floors my parents are now faced with having to fork out another $6000 in labor costs with no guarantee that the cupping problem won’t return in another year. If this is the kind of guarantee/warranty customers can expect to receive from Sears, Sears should not be in the home improvement business. I am thoroughly disgusted with Sears and the manner in which it gives you the run around when you call with an issue with their services.

Answers

4 answers

1. Rbe1211, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that your parents are having such a disappointing experience their hard wood floors. We truly understand how frustrating it can be with the addtions cost of having the floors repaired. At your earliest convenience, please send your parent’s information – contact #, screen name (rbe1211), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with your parents soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, rbe1211! Welcome to MySears! I am glad you took the time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry that your parents floor is not meeting expectations and that you are disappointed with the service you have received attempting to get it properly repaired. I am going to pass this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be happy to look into this for you and do what they can to assist.

A team member will visit shortly to respond to your post. Once they do, I will reach out to you via email to let you know.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I have not heard from SearsCares yet. When can I expect a response?

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

They replied above, rbe1211! Hope you will reach out so they can help soon.

See More